General Fiction posted June 18, 2019


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
A desperate one.

Where Are You?

by Heather Knight


This morning when I woke up, I looked for my Inspiration in the usual drawer and, to my horror, I saw she had left.

I had planned to write my usual short story, but without her I was lost.

Frantically, I searched the whole house to no avail. She was gone! Had I done something to upset her?

Listening to music and looking at pictures didn't help. I couldn't think of anything interesting to write about.

And then, I had an idea. I found an old poem I had written on a piece of parchment paper. It wasn't very good, but it would have to do.

I went to my room and plugged in the iron. I pressed on the lines stretching them at the sides as much as I could.

When I finished, it was slightly torn, but it looked like prose.

Tad-a! I had my story for the day.

It read:

IIIIIIIIIIIII haaaaaaave promised to love youuuuuuuuuuuuuu

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAnd with you I will stayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

And so on and so forth.

Not my best, I know, but it will have to do for today. Now, please, excuse me, I'm going back to my search.



Recognized
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Heather Knight All rights reserved.
Heather Knight has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.