General Fiction posted June 13, 2019


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
I never forgot that moment of surprise and wonder.

It Blew Me Away

by tempeste


Christmas Eve. I was told to be good if I wanted Father Christmas to deliver my gift.

Naturally, curiosity got the better of me; while my parents were sleeping, I took a peek. I found a huge mystery object in the lounge room which I hastily uncovered.; it blew me away.

The (rocking)-horse, tall and smooth to the touch, had a wiry mane and tail.
The silver studs on the saddle resembled twinkling stars.

That horse captured my heart.




Surprise! 80 Words or Less writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a complete story in 80 words or less.

The theme is 'Surprise.'

You may incorporate this theme into the story any way you wish, but it must somehow relate to the topic.


I was 5 and 1/2 and it was my first taste of family life. It didn't last long by 6 and 1/2, I was already in my first boarding school.

Anyways, I understood later in life that to compensate for the lost time, my parents bought me this beautiful gift. The mane and tail were made of real horse hair. The saddle was in leather.

The horse in the picture was exactly like that. The bottom part was curved also but slightly different.

I had to wait till morning to have my first ride ..I needed help to get on. (biggrin).
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. tempeste All rights reserved.
tempeste has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.