General Fiction posted May 31, 2019


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A story of an evaluation of character gone completely wrong.

New Cat on the Block

by Brian Taylor1

Hey Jack...Hey...Jess...What's up Jack?... I see that Feline has...how shall I say? Perked up since my last visit. She has, she's made a full recovery from the bite...Cut the crap Jess. Or better yet, the litter. What do you mean? What do I mean? Ya, what do you mean, what are you getting at? What am I getting at Jess? Ya, tell me. You come over unannounced again Jack accompanied by an attitude you can hang a friggin sign on it's so obvious and an expression on that face of yours that if you smiled your whole body would have an earthquake. An earthquake? That doesn't make any sense. A bodyquake then...What's with you Jack? Ha? No happy Jack today? My kid brother whose usually got a smile on his face so wide he has to walk sideways through the door. Where's he? Instead detective d-bag shows up...How long have you been addicted to percocets Jess? Cat's outta the bag. Or should I say Purrrcocets... Is that what you think? You think I'm a drug addict Jack? Don't Jack me, I wanna know. Know what? Your on the fix, all wacked out. Sunday at Janie's party you couldn't stay awake, noddin off like it's tenth grade science class. And howbout when mom asked you if you wanted cake you start droolin and babelin away like your a fish under water?...Now I wanna know...Rite now...Are you an addict?...Please leave...I'm not leavin...Leave Jack. Leave my house now. No. Yes. No. GET OUT. I'm not leavin you here to waste away. The slow rot to death, no way. I'm not an addict. Prove it. What? Ya, prove it. Would you stop. No, I'll get the cops over here. You want that attention Jess? You'd call the cops? Ya. For what? Tell em your runnin a drug ring. Get you on their radar...Why? Tuff love...Your not goin down from a mind set and a pill, no way. Now start talkin...I'm not an addict. LOOK AT YOUR EYES. DARK CIRCLE'S under em... like it's what? Halloween?...Look, why don't you just trust me o.k.? I got a lot goin on at work and things with me and Keith haven't..I called your work they said you haven't showed up in days and Keith, well, he says he doesn't know what's up with you lately. You called my work? Ya. FOR WHAT? WHAT ARE YOU DOIN Jack? I told ya, love...I AM NOT AN ADDICT. Then what is it?...Would you LEAVE MEOWLONE!!!...Your voice just changed...What's happening to you? What do you mean?...Your face is getting thinner. Jack, please..You sound like a cat. What's with your eyes there so...so blinding...and your cheeks there growing whiskers...Let me see your hands? No{she puts them behind her back} Let me see them? No. Oh my...Your having withdraws. Your going to the hospital rite now, go pack a bag. No Jack. Jess now, I'm not takin no for an answer. {Jess takes a deep breath} Look {she shows him her hands}. What the?...Look at your fingernails...Their claws...Jess, what's happening to you. Jack, you can't tell anyone. Tell em what?...What are you saying?...I'm cat women. What?...No...your your having a reaction to the addiction now let's get to the hospital. You really think addiction withdraws are gonna turn me into this {she arches her back, rubs against the wall and purrs]. Oh my goodness...Jess...How? When Selina was poisoned I was with her. She was dying Jack rite in font of me. You said that she died alone of an anurism. I lied. She said don't tell anyone or trust anyone. Tell them what Jess? It was like she was suffocating. Her life was being pulled rite out of her...Tell them what?...She scratched me Jack rite here {she shows him her neck}. You need a shave. Ha, it's not funny. I tried to give her mouth to mouth and she took her last breath inside my mouth..It was like magic. I felt like I was floating...Don't tell anyone what Jess?...That commissioner Gordon's on the take. What?...He's workin with an Irish scientist. Guy by the name of O'Einstein. Their gonna send an air born toxin throughout Gothom City. It's gonna brain wash everyone and their gonna try to turn us all into slaves to build a giant space ship to search the galaxy for an ingredient called lifeium to keep the human species surpressed and under their command for ever...I know this must all sound crazy to you. Sound, you should see your face. It looks like it was sculpted by the lion from the wizard of oz when he was creating the perfect cat. That's rediculous, he never did that. Oh, sorry. I must be taken back by my sister turning into a cat rite in front of me. It only happens when my heart is tested and my minds on fire...Look at Feline...Purrr. She wants me to show you something Jack, follow me. {They go into a secret room under the stairs} Wow, What is this place? Look {she turns the light on and a manikin with a black and gray leather cat suit equipped with a bullet proof meshed in vest, whips, chains, leather gloves with claws for fingers and nee high boots with whiskers for laces and fangs for toes and various compartments is in front of them} WOW... You are cat women. I told you...You can't tell anyone Jack. Look at me. {they lock eyes} No one can know. Selina's last words were "They must be stopped."...Jess, what are you gonna do?...I'm gonna kill O'Einstein and Commissioner Gordon.



Passing the Torch writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a story about being friends with Selina Kyle and how you became Cat-woman when she was killed? You could design the cat-suit however you want but there must be Boots. Explain what would be your first crime


Thank You for reading, I hoped you enjoyed it. I'm sorry if it was difficult and annoying. I'm having a difficult time separating paragraph's. I type the story in with new ones but it never seems to print out like that. Anyway, thanks again
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by cakemp55 at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Brian Taylor1 All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Brian Taylor1 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.