Mystery and Crime Poetry posted May 10, 2019


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
She made the name for herself...

Controlling the Media Narrative

by Y. M. Roger


As ‘peterman’ seemed sexist,

the female safe-cracker left a note:


'This safe cleaned by Lady Lock'

 



Obscure Word 7-9-7 writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
And now, just in time for the end of the school year, it's the OBSCURE WORD 7-9-7! Write a 7-9-7 poem that highlights, introduces, or just plain uses an OBSCURE word** in the English language! ;) :) There's no topic limitation except to say that you are to try to choose a little-known word that we all might like to use one day....so, it's your job to impress us into doing so! :) :) Make us laugh! Make us cry! But make us want to vote for (and, perhaps, utilize!) yours in one of our future offerings (prose or poetry)!

**BE SURE to include a definition of your word in your author notes! :) :)

A 7-9-7 is written such that:

first line is seven syllables
second line is nine syllables
third line is seven syllables



OBSCURE WORD:
Peterman - person who breaks open and robs safes; a safe-cracker.

Image 'female safe cracker' from Google Images.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Y. M. Roger All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Y. M. Roger has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.