General Poetry posted May 9, 2019 Chapters:  ...473 474 -475- 476... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
A Fibonacci

A chapter in the book Little Poems

Arching Boughs

by Treischel

Tree
bent
from wind
day by day
causing trunk to sway
in this most unusual way.
A byway scene has grown to what’s on display today –
an arching bough that can kowtow to Earth somehow, because its trunk will allow it to bow.
 
Pressures placed on core, through windy world, have shaped this tree’s final mature reality.
Just like stresses and strains ultimately work on us.
unseen within our destiny
a growth shaping force
molding us
like this
bent
tree
 
 
 




This wind bent tree that I captured along a path in the park testifies to the impact unseen forces can have on an individual's growth. I chose this image because it displays an arch, which this format encompasses.

This poem is a Fibonacci. Actually two: a forward and a reverse Fibonacci.
The poem's format keys off the Fibonacci arithmetic sequence. The Fibonacci sequence exhibits a certain numerical pattern It can be used to model or describe an amazing variety of phenomena, in mathematics and science, art and nature. The mathematical ideas the Fibonacci sequence leads to, such as the golden ratio, spirals and self- similar curves, have long been appreciated for their charm and beauty. In the Fibonacci sequence of numbers, each number is the sum of the previous two numbers. He carried the calculation up to the thirteenth place, that is 233, but it can be carried out infinitely. Also known as the Golden Ratio, its ubiquity and astounding functionality in nature suggests its importance as a fundamental characteristic of the Universe. The sequence best describes a spiral. It contains a mathematical ratio of 1.614 or PHI. It shows up in many places, like: flower petals, seed patterns in plants, pine cones, sea shells, hurricanes, fruits and vegetables, galaxies, facial proportions, animal and insect bodies, and more.

This poem is a Fibonacci Poem. I was introduced to it by Patcilaw in her poem, A Little Princess.
A Fibonacci poem uses numbering sequence developed by Fibonacci for the syllable count of the poem. So the syllable count can be:
1-1-2-3-5-8-13-21-34.....,
to any count the poet desires, but much beyond 21 becomes unwieldy. So, they typically run somewhere between 5 and 21 syllables. there is no required rhyme or meter, but they are not prohibited.
I used the count to 21 for this poem.

This photograph was taken by the author himself on May 1, 2019.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Treischel All rights reserved.
Treischel has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.