General Poetry posted April 28, 2019 Chapters:  ...474 475 -476- 477... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
CinqTroisDecaLa

A chapter in the book Little Poems

Flooded Path

by Treischel



A path where I walk seems submerged in a wet inundation,
A fluent impediment to my rambling recreation.
The river overruns its banks with such sheer audacity,
it ruins the railings, benches, path, and lamppost’s capacity.
This overflow from melted snow, just below the patio,
shall cause pedestrians to forgo the paths they’ve come to know,
and tip-toe around slow, avoiding dangerous undertow.
The river here creates this soggy springtime situation.
When snows are deep, the rising waters rage with rapacity,
but any inconvenience abets and lets floodwaters go.

 
 




Just a simple poem showing the flooring this sporing.
This flooded path is along the Mississippi River in downtown St. Paul. Normally it is about 15 feet above the water level. There's a railing along its entire stretch, and a path that has benches, fountains, sculptures, and ornate lampposts. I guess I wasn't going to be walking there at that time. The river will likely be back to normal in about a week. The highway getting to this area is also underwater, so I had to take a different, more circuitous route to get there.

This poem is a CinqTroisDecaLa.
A CinqTroisDecaLa takes its name from Cinq - meaning five in French; Trois - meaning three in French; and Decade meaning a grouping of 10. It is a form created by Laura Lamarca (La is her signature trademark), consisting of one 10-lined stanza. The rhyme scheme for this form is aabbcccabc and a syllable count of each line is 15. So CinqTrois is for 3 X 5 = 15 syllable count. Deca is for the 10 line stanza length. The meter is unspecified.

This photograph was taken by the author himself on April 20, 2019.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Treischel All rights reserved.
Treischel has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.