Commentary and Philosophy Non-Fiction posted April 27, 2019 Chapters:  ...11 12 -13- 14... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Another Geoff's Ramble

A chapter in the book Geoff's Ramblings

Jay and other kind of walkers.

by Sankey




Background
I decided on this way of adding more to my book "The Little Dog That Wouldn't Let Go" I just got finished, so as not to leave things "up in the air" and me still feeling I had to add more to my story.
This is yet another useless piece of information you can choose to read or just plain MOVE ON! HEHE! Thanking my constant source of information and fellow rambler, Sasha, for once again reminding me of another subject that has been a bee in my bonnet for a long time.

I realize in America and maybe even in Mexico, folks are meant to keep to the RIGHT. Just as you folks all drive on the WRONG hehe side of the road...well at least as far as us "Down Under" folks are concerned. Now back to South of the Hemispheres.

I was so grateful and pleased to see the sign in the photo at one of our City stations recently, on my most recent visit thence. If you are interested in the photos from either of my city adventures there is a link in a previous Ramble (Chapter 8) to my Facebook Album that is possibly accessible even if you are not friends on Facebook.

It bothers me constantly, in the shopping centres and other places, how folks will continually walk on the wrong side.  Admittedly, with multiculturalism in all our lands these days, it would also be the fact that folks that have come from other countries, may become conditioned to "keeping to the right!" The practice of walking contrary to the normal direction, or against regulations and red traffic lights and so on, is known as "Jay Walking."

That said, I can't help feeling it is just plain inconsiderate and laziness on the part of a lot of folks, too preoccupied with their Mobiles or Cells to watch where they are going!

That brings me to another subject. There was even talk in  Sydney, Capital of the first State in Australia, New South Wales, of a plan to put the traffic light signals down in the ground, in the crossing for all the Mobile and Cell users too lazy or preoccupied to look up at the lights at the pedestrian crossings! Sigh! What a thought!

In this busier and busier world, it is time for folks to get more organized and follow traditions and norms that have been around for centuries. I am all for change and modernization if it helps but this is an area too set in concrete not to be messed around.



Recognized


Photo is of a great sign in one of our city stations, I was pleased to see, recently.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Sankey All rights reserved.
Sankey has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.