Fantasy Fiction posted April 25, 2019


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Trapped in the darkness by demons of the night.

In the Darkness

by poetwatch

In the dead of the night demonic wraiths await those who sleep. They come to see and live by slithering into their dreams. There is nothing you can do for in sleep there's a dream for everyone.

The Trickster, the Cutter, and the Madman all seem interested in you this night. They smile in devilish delight, sleep is coming, for darkness is their friend. You turn off the lights and darkness enshrouds the room. You're a shadow as you get in bed. The light in your window begins to fade...

"He is mine," the Trickster says. As he moves in to take control a knife whistles by his ear, he turns to see the Cutter smile.

"Hold it a mite, mate, we want a slice too." A crazy laugh comes from the Madman.

The Trickster spreads his lips in a distorted smile. He knows he is no match for these two demons.
"What do you suggest?"

They just laugh.

You sleep the sleep of the dead, not knowing three demons have taken control. You awake in your dream and it is dark. You're still in bed and try to get up, only to bump your head. You move to a side and there is a wall, you try the other side, it is the same. Terror takes hold as you hear an insane laugh within the darkness. You trace the walls around you and yell your lungs out, no one hears you in the darkness and you cry. You cannot breathe.
"Where am I? What is happening?" Questions and no answers.

You feel knives slowing slicing your body and you scream. Then, that crazy laugh is joined by two others. There is nowhere to go, you cannot move. You're trapped in a box of endless darkness, but you are not alone.



The Dark writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a story where your character is stuck in complete darkness.


Just made this up so I hope it's Ok. It is late and I don't want to sleep. Who is watching you?

Thank you booklotto for the three creatures in the night.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. poetwatch All rights reserved.
poetwatch has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.