Commentary and Philosophy Non-Fiction posted April 21, 2019 Chapters:  ...10 11 -12- 13... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Inspired by a chat with Joan E on Gluten Free

A chapter in the book Geoff's Ramblings

A Recipe Ramble - Geoff's Pizza.

by Sankey




Background
Continuing on the rambling trail. As someone said earlier today...these are Rambles Not RANTS!
Having a chat about Gluten Free options today with Joan E, fellow FS'er and all-around encourager. She was keen for me to share my recipe for Gluten Free Pizza.  As I began to write it all down for her and prior to posting. I decided I may as well do another of my "Rambles" ...rambling idea also from another favourite FS'er, Sasha.

Having recently been diagnosed "Coeliac" (Celiac US spelling) meaning allergic to Gluten or mainly wheat and all products containing wheat, I am working on learning how to cook "Gluten-Free." I will do another post later on yet another of my ventures into gluten-free cooking. For now, it is the subject of Pizza.

OK, so here we go.

Starting with Gluten Free Pizza Bases, there are a couple of different kinds. One I like has an Italian name and cooks quicker (15 to 20 minutes) than the other one, a Supermarket brand. (Recommended a half hour cooking which probably means I would do a tad longer on that one as well.)

I recommend baking the pizza base for a few minutes in a moderate oven, prior to preparing the base with the pizza sauce, shredded cheese and finally toppings however you like.

So - on the base cover it in a light layer of pizza tomato pizza sauce. There are various brands and styles of these in the supermarket. Nepolitana or similar -  NOT Tomato Paste that you might normally use with Spaghetti Bolognaise or Pasta Bolognaise. Follow with a cover of shredded Mozzarella cheese.

I do topping consisting of shredded ham, Pepperoni, shredded Bacon, Shredded Chicken and cut up Capsicum...I think you call them Bell Peppers in the USA, the red one, not hot, adding Pineapple pieces and corn kernels. I recommend not overdoing the topping as I have done in the past. I have finally got to the right level of topping now, after much trial and error.

Cooking time varies according to instructions on most of the Pizza bases. As I said above my favourite is an Italian brand we have here in Australia that cooks much faster. (Fifteen Minutes or even up to twenty.)
 
 



Recognized


My pictures of earlier efforts of pizza cooking show more overdone topped versions. Alas I have since given up cooking my own Gluten-Free Pizzas. Too hard! Now I get them in the freezer section of the Supermarket.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Sankey All rights reserved.
Sankey has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.