Biographical Non-Fiction posted April 19, 2019


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Living in a dark box

I am Back for good

by Sasha


Those of you who have read this prologue before can skip it and go straight to the story below the blue asterisks.
 

This is another Smurphy Ramble.  For those of you who do not know what a Ramble is, here is a not-so-brief description.  A Ramble is just that, a ramble.  Merriam Webster defines ‘ramble’ as talking or writing in a desultory or long-winded wandering fashion, excessively and/or in an incoherently or a meaninglessly manner.  Please note, my rambles are often pointless, filled with worn out clichés and long winded sentences that occasionally lead nowhere.  In addition, end of sentence prepositions are no longer considered poor English (Google it, you will learn I am right.)  Also, please note fragmented sentences are necessary in my Rambles, so just deal with it.  Think of us as sitting at an outside café, so no complaints about there not being enough dialogue in this post.  Since I am doing all the talking, it is all dialogue.  Keeping this in mind, shall we begin?  There have been a few comments on my Rambles not having any social commentary – if you want social commentary, I recommend going to CNN Online.  I am using bold print because I cannot see the screen without it.
 
* * * * * * *

 
I do not know if any of you have noticed, but I have been gone a few weeks.  I was not taking a vacation but locked out of FanStory.  Some of you may know I foolishly bought a smart phone which has nothing to do with being smart.  I personally think it takes an idiot to buy one and then figure out how to use it.  In the process I misplaced my little green book with my passwords in it.  You all know you can not do anything online with out your passwords.  Tom was great, he actually sent me my login information, but it would not work.  I had used my "smart phone" to change my password.  All this did was allow me to access Fanstory on my smart (idiot) phone, but not on line.  It took several attempts, but I finally convinced Tom to change my password to the one I picked on my smart phone and here I am.

This all started when Microsoft did an update and I lost all my favorite sites, passwords, and even my Word program.  The update decided my copy of Word 16 was not legal and removed it.  I contacted Microsoft (not via phone) and they argued with me for several days, but finally gave it back to me.  But without access to Fanstory I didn't bother writing anything. 

I tried to post a few from my smart phone but my fingers could not adapt to the oh-so-tiny little keys and everything kept coming out gibberish. 

Even my dear friend Nacho was out of his league.  He could not figure out how to fix the problem.  In the end, I fixed it myself by doing a troubleshoot and clicking the revive icon.  Nacho was convinced I had messed it up even more but after getting all my favorite sites to give me my login information, I was finally able to log onto my sites.  For some reason I couldn't even log into my email account.   It kept telling me I did not exist.  I am having  trouble logging into my email account.  I cannot figure out why and will have to leave that to Nacho.

For the past few weeks I felt like I was locked in a dark cave and was never getting out.  For those of you that care, my blood pressure has NOT gone down and I am still at stroke level.  To be honest, I was hoping I would have a stroke, die, and all my problems would be over.  But, alas, I survived and am still here.

Tom was a big help.  I finally convinced him that I had changed my password on my smart phone and asked him to change it officially on the Fanstory site.  To my amazement, he did just that and here I am.

I bought a new green book and put all my new and old passwords into it.  I have a special place to keep it and have no reason to EVER use my smart (idiot) phone for Fanstory again.

I am now waiting for Nacho to come by and help me figure out why I still have trouble logging into my email.  Please, wish us luck.  I am sure that it is all based on luck, it certainly doesn't have anything to do with intelligence.

 



Recognized

#229
2019


I used my word editor and the FanStory editor to edit this but I am sure, like always, it missed a lot of errors so, I once again, ask you to let me know what I need to fix.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Sasha All rights reserved.
Sasha has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.