General Poetry posted April 17, 2019 Chapters:  ...14 15 -16- 17... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
couplets

A chapter in the book NaPoWriMo 2019

notre dame cathedral

by sunnilicious

Notre Dame in France is well known;
Rose-colored stained glass set in stone.

Ravishing French Gothic architecture;
Worthy of more that just a lecture.

Built in the Middle Ages with gargoyles,
which hold purpose, secrets and tails that coil.

This beloved church went up in flames;
Let us pray it was not part of any terror games.




 




I went Paris, France once for a long weekend. I walked throughout Notre Dame Cathedral... And was upset at the sight of Subway nearby. That is what I remember most. Then, my friend met me and we went for further sightseeing and dinner. It was late November. So the city grew dark early. I neglected to take photographs... However, there are still memories. I thought it was a beautiful place and I loved the design of the whole vicinity, (except for there being a Subway). Reading up on Wikipedia about this masterpiece, I am saddened not to have seen the set of church bells. And now, very upset that a historic monument has been destroyed.

References include: Wikipedia - Notre Dame Cathedral and a New York Times article dated Monday, April 15th 2019 as the fire was being extinguished.


Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by supergold at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. sunnilicious All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
sunnilicious has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.