General Non-Fiction posted April 15, 2019


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Wedding story.

Grandpas in His Pocket

by patcelaw

































On Saturday April 13, 2019, my twenty-six year old grandson, Tyler, married a lovely young lady, Ashley. I could not be with him for his special day, and it nearly broke my heart. However, Tyler sent me a message on Facebook informing me that he was going to have in his pocket the box you see in the picture.

Since both of Tyler's grandfathers had passed away when he was a very young boy, he chose the two things in the box as his way of having his granddads with him for his wedding day.


Here is the message Tyler sent me about the box he would carry....
The photo is of what I will carry in my pocket Pat Lawrence, the ring you gave me of grandpas and Marie Crank my good luck lure of grandpas that I carry in my tackle box.


When I got the message I must say it tugged at my heart and I shed a few tears.


-Patricia Lawrence
4-15-19



Recognized


Tyler got his grandpa's wedding ring as Tyler's middle name is Wayne which was his grandpa's first name.
His other grandfather and Tyler fished together when Tyler was young so that is why the fishing lure is special to him.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. patcelaw All rights reserved.
patcelaw has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.