General Fiction posted April 15, 2019


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
In time setting a tiny goal can become achievable.

Tiny Seed Blossoms In Time

by moonsunrise


Acrostic poetry is fairly new to me.
By way of FanStory I have learned genres of poetry that I never dreamed possible.
Creating vivid imagery in my psyche has attributed to my becoming a creative writer.
Deciding to join a writing group on line was one of the best decisions I ever made.
Eventually, I hope to become more proficient in my writing of poetry, short stories and so forth.
First and foremost though, I realize that I am only at the inception of my vision towards becoming a better writer.
Guidance along with positive reinforcement has been very helpful in this pursuit of mine.
Having a group of mentors is also an advantage as it motivates the writer to want to become better at his/her craft.
I have also discovered that this site has offered such an array of writers from all walks of life and craft levels.
Just knowing that I have such a great support system gives me the encouragement and confidence I need to pursue my goal.
Kindred spirit is what I feel in this fellowship of very supportive authors.
Longing one day to author a children's book, in process, I am currently researching how to self-publish.
My aim is to hopefully publish within a year.
Noting my strengths and weaknesses, I realize that I have a way to go to achieve my aspiration.
Often I find myself remembering a poem or story line by jotting thoughts down during the course of the day.
Perhaps one day I will publish a book of my poems for my family as my legacy.
Quietly, I find myself often reflecting on my life experiences which I believe may inspire others one day.
Realizing that the road to publishing is one with many obstacles before reaching the finish line, I recognize that perseverance and consistency must be first and foremost in my achieving this quest.
Some days writing comes easy, other days not so much, but I so love to write.
The first time I began writing was in grammar school.
Unaware of the gift I had then, I just found it easier to write than to verbalize my thoughts out loud.
Vital to my becoming a successful writer I realize that I will need to pursue more avenues in this process.
Whether or not I become a highly regarded writer, I will still continue to write as it is at the core of my innermost being.
Xinran, a journalist and the author of "The Good Women of China" and "Sky Burial", is an author to be admired.
Years have passed since my first written poem in grammar school; however my passion for writing has not waned even though a hiatus was needed for years while working.
Zesty thoughts consume my mind when I sit with pen in hand any hour of the day or night.

















Acrostic short story contest entry


Many thanks to brooketran for the imagery.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by brooketran at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. moonsunrise All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
moonsunrise has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.