General Fiction posted April 15, 2019


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
To Brooke. Even though I never met her.

A Fluffy Past.

by Heather Knight


I had never been able to understand my thirst for adventure and constant motion till Grandma told me the truth one day.

'You know, I didn't always look like this,' she said.

'What do you mean, Nana?' I asked, curiosity bursting out of every pore of my little body.

'Well, when I was a little girl, I lived in a beautiful garden.'

'In a garden? Not in a house?'

'Yes, in a garden? And do you want to know why? Because I was a dandelion clock.'

'What?'

Even at the age of five, I found it difficult to believe.

'Yes, a dandelion clock. And I was mostly happy. I loved dancing in the breeze, but I envied the birds and the cats because they could move around unlike me.'

'So what happened then?'

'One day, a young wizard came into the garden. He told us he needed to perform some spells as part of his training. He asked if we had any requests.'

'And?' I asked impatiently.

'Most of the other inhabitants of the garden were too scared. After all, the young wizard didn't have much experience. But I needed a change.'

'So?'

'So I told him I had a request. I said I wanted to be able to move from place to place. He shook his magic wand three times and I became a little girl.'

I stared at Grandma. Her story was beautiful, but I wasn't sure I believed it.

'You think I'm making this up? Blow on my hair.'

I looked at her perfectly styled white bob and did as she told me. Lots of little puffballs flew into the air and danced around the room like tiny ballerinas. What other proof did I need?



Recognized
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Heather Knight All rights reserved.
Heather Knight has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.