Writing Non-Fiction posted April 15, 2019


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Skates, Rollerblades, Scooters

Simpler Modes of Transport

by LittleIrishman

Transport in general has got even simpler.

There are electric, motorised bicycles and skateboards, but to even simplify transport some more, there are skates, rollerblades, and scooters.

Scooters are of particular interest, with two, three, and four-wheeled scooters available. One can jump off-and- on scooters incredibly easily, as opposed to normal skates and rollerblades that are worn as shoes. There are some shoes/skates and rollerblades where the wheels can be taken off and turned into shoes.

It would be best not to travel too far with skates and rollerblades, needing more physical effort to use, for example, travelling the whole distance to certain locations, like education -school, work, or someone's place. One can travel on public transport most of the time, and use these simpler transport for shorter distances, as well as bike/walking/ skateboard/scooter paths and parks.

It is also be best to wear some form of padding for these smaller transport, including scooters, i.e. helmet, arm, and leg pads.

Such simple transport does not take up much space and storage in various premises, compared to the effort of and paying for petrol and sometimes parking for larger motor vehicles and bigger transport.

However, and problematically, there is less bulk on these smaller transport items, meaning potential danger with accidental injuries and possible death, and wearing out from over-use and/or lack of quality, long-term manufacturing.

On a negative convenience point, such simpler transport would have no storage areas on them, needing a bag(s) of some sort, i.e. back-pack, carry-bag, shopping bag, and/or satchel.

Bibliography
- Personal Experiences
I have seen people here-and-there use their scooters, and sometimes skates and rollerblades, travelling to-and-fro on public transport.


Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. LittleIrishman All rights reserved.
LittleIrishman has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.