Romance Fiction posted April 7, 2019 Chapters:  ...7 8 -9- 10... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
McKenzie meets George Whitney.

A chapter in the book St Louis

St. Louis Chapter 4 part 1

by barbara.wilkey

The author has placed a warning on this post for sexual content.



Background
While wanting to place trust in Logan, McKenzie searches for his sister's murderer. McKenzie doesn't believe anybody wants to harm her, but Logan feels it's his job to protect her from the threats.
Ending of Previous Post:

**A reviewer had a great point, so I changed the ending of this post slightly. My husband is retired military. I forgot that not everybody knows what the 82nd Airborne Division does.**

Bill returned the kiss. "As soon as I get answers, I'll call. You can expect a call from Joanie later. You and Logan need to come to dinner this weekend." After McKenzie agreed, he walked them to the door.

In the reception area, Logan said, "I take it Joanie's his wife."

"She is. I can't imagine what we're going to do with all these dinner invitations." McKenzie kept walking. "That makes two."

"You do remember Simon."

"A little."

Once they arrived at McKenzie's home, Logan walked her inside and scanned the townhouse. "It looks safe. I think I'll visit my parents. I have a few questions for them."

"I can give you a ride."

"A taxi will work. I need to do some thinking anyway. What time should I be back?"

McKenzie's eyebrows crunched together. "I have no idea. I don't work on a schedule."

"Okay." He ran his hand through his hair. "I guess you wouldn't. I'll return when I'm done. How's that?"

"Okay, I guess, but you don't need to hang around. I can handle this."

Logan walked out the door and called over his shoulder. "I'll be back."

"I know you will."

TODAY'S POST:

ST. LOUIS CHAPTER 4 PART 1

McKenzie read the notes concerning Megan Nelson's death she'd taken yesterday. I really need to see the autopsy report. Just as she picked up the phone to make a call, it rang. "Hello." After she listened and wrote down an address, she said, "Sure," and glanced at her watch, "I'll meet you in about an hour. I'll stop by the police station, park my car, and then catch the bus. See you then." She hurried to her room. Undercover's always fun. Jose's great to work with.

After she changed, put on make-up, a few fake tatts, and curled her hair, McKenzie glanced in the mirror. "I think I look slutty enough. This should work." On the way out, she grabbed her cue stick. "Those years hanging around the billiard hall with Dad will come in handy."

Once her car was parked in a secure lot, McKenzie found a seat on a city bus headed toward the address Jose had given her.

Outside the billiard parlor, McKenzie adjusted her blouse and jeans so the maximum amount of skin and tatts showed and finger brushed her hair. No matter what, nothing to drink. I've learned my lesson. She opened the door.

Jose walked up to her, put his arms around her, and plopped a sloppy kiss on her lips. "Hey, sweetthin', what took you so long? I thought you were meetin' me thirty minutes ago." He glanced toward three men. "This is Sammie, my gal. Sammie, meet the guys. The one wearin' the Cards' t-shirt's George; next to him is his brother, Tommy, and then cousin, Joey."

Each man raised a hand as Jose identified them. George grinned. "What can I get you?"

McKenzie pointed her cue stick at him. "Nothin', hon. I don't drink when I'm winnin'."

"You ain't winnin' at nothin'," said Tommy as he added chalk to his cue stick. "Joey, make sure there ain't no cheaten'."

"Keepin' my eyes on her won't be hard. She's a looker that's for sure."

"What is it best out of three? Who goes first?" McKenzie's eyes met George's but she pointed to the bartender. "How about he flips the coin, and you, big guy, call it?"

George called to the bartender, "Jake, okay with you?"

Jake lifted it up for all to see. "And I have a new shiny quarter. Call it in the air." He tossed it.

"Heads. I always call heads." He rubbed his crotch as he watched the quarter fall into Jake's hands.

"It's tails. Jose breaks."

McKenzie leaned over and kissed Jose. "Sugar, why don't we let the losers go first? I'm feelin' generous, right now."

Jose pulled her closer. "Sure, as long as I can get more of that." He kissed McKenzie and rubbed her rear-end. "George, break. I'm busy."

George's glare darted from the pool table to Jose and McKenzie as he hit the cue ball, but scratched as it rolled into a pocket. He took a long gulp of beer.

Jose glanced at George. "Sammie, I think he's already had too much brew. This should be an easy win."

Jose placed the cue ball in the area between the edge and the second set of diamonds. "I'll put it here." He eyed George before he said, "Do you mind if I let Sammie take my turn?"

"Hell, no. Let the lady go." George grinned. "But she can't change the cue ball's position. It's already been set."

McKenzie walked up to the table and leaned over, allowing a large portion of her breasts to slip out. She readied her stick, wiggled her rear-end a few times, and hit the cue ball. The six, eleven, two, and seven balls went in. "I guess we're goin' for the solid balls, all right with you?" She pecked Jose's cheek.

"Shore is. You takin' your next shot?" asked Jose.

"Why don't you?" She adjusted the knot just below her breasts. It held the front of her blouse together. "I think I'll watch." She stood beside George. "You don't mind if I stand here, do ya?"

"Shore don't." George's gaze followed the butterfly tattoo down her breasts to the knot. "Hmm..."

As George continued to stare at McKenzie's breasts, Jose pocketed the three, one, five, and four balls. "All I need is the eight ball in the side pocket," he motioned to the left side pocket, "and we win, sweetthin'."

The eight ball easily went into the pocket. "One down. One more game, and we're winners." Jose lifted McKenzie up and held her as she wrapped her legs around his waist and kissed him.

When the repeated kisses stopped and McKenzie was placed on the floor, she said, "Tommy," she rubbed his arm, "those are some muscles. Why don't you break?"

George lifted up his t-shirt sleeve. "Those ain't nothing. Try these."

McKenzie rubbed and squeezed his muscles. "Wow! You must work out." She leaned her head against his arm.

Jose grabbed her arm. "Sammie, now don't get all dreamy eyed, you're mine."

Tommy pocketed the seven along with the eight ball and hung his head. "I guess it ain't our night."

"Sammie, can you break yourself away from George long enough to play?" snapped Jose.

"Maybe." She bent over with her rear-end facing George to adjust her stiletto heel. "Just a minute."

George breathed heavily and reached toward the butterfly tattoo on the small of her back.

Joey slapped his hand and whispered, "Don't."

"I'm ready. Want me to finish this game?" She grinned. "I'm putting the twelve ball in the corner pocket." She pointed to the corner. It went in. She continued until she put the eight ball in the called pocket. She glanced at her watch. "Boys, I need to fix my momma dinner. It's been fun."

"Can I come by after your mom's asleep?" Jose drew her into his arms.

"Sure can. I promise not to be too loud." She giggled. "We wouldn't want to wake momma."

Jose walked her outside. "I'll stay to make sure you're not followed. I'll come by your place before I go home. Good job. Be safe."

"You too." McKenzie continued to the bus stop.


Characters:

McKenzie 'Mac' Morgan a 27 year old private investigator
Major Logan Nelson 34 years old and an active duty soldier
Arlo McKenzie's black and tan dachshund
Megan Nelson Logan's younger sister - murdered
The Lou is an area name for St. Louis
Simon Knight Logan's former Army buddy and a Lab technician.
Fan name for the St. Louis Cardinals - a major league baseball team.
Yadi's Fan name for Yadier Molina - Cardinal's all-star catcher.
Edger McKenzie's black and tan rottweiler
John Benson Man who murdered McKenzie's parents
Bill Abbot A D.A> and McKenzie's God-Father; he was a high-
school friend of McKenzie's father. Joanie is his wife.
Jose Lopez Chicago Police Department undercover police
department.




Recognized


Thank you google an image of a lady teasing as she plays pool. LOL This post is a little over 1000 words. I hope you don't mind the length. As with any of my novels this one is taking on a life of it's own. OH MY!!! Any help you can offer will be appreciated. Thank you for the encouragement.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. barbara.wilkey All rights reserved.
barbara.wilkey has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.