General Script posted April 5, 2019 Chapters:  ...60 61 -62- 63... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Pons meets Ned at local car repair garage

A chapter in the book Scenes

Scene at an Auto Repair Facility

by Bill Schott



Pons arrives at a mechanic's garage to check on his car repairs. Ned is sitting in a waiting room.

Pons: Hi, Ned. What brings you here today?  I didn't know you had a car.

Ned:  Howdy, Cuz. Nah, I ain't got no car. Most places I kin get to on by bike-a-cel.

Pons: Bicycle?

Ned: That the way them Franch folk say it?  We call it a bike-a-cel here in the U.S. of A.

Pons: I wasn't speaking French, Ned.

Ned: Are ya talkin' it now?  'Cause I kin unnerstan it clear as a bell.



Pons: Changing the subject. Great, Ned. Well, my car's in getting the wheels rotated and front end aligned.

Ned: I thunk the wheels rotated when ya roll down the road?



Pons: Of course, Ned.  I mean they take them off the car and put them in another place.

Ned:  Seems ta me they work purdy good where they are.



Pons:  Well, sure, Ned. They'll still be on the car, just the rear tires will be on the front and the front tires in the back.

Ned:  Then I guess ya hafta drive 'round backerds?



Pons:  No -- ah, yeah, Ned.

Ned:  That'd git a bit tiresome, I reckon.  Hey! TIRE-some! I made a joke, Pons.



Pons:  Yes, Ned. It was WHEEL funny. 

Ned
With a blank stare.  I thunk so too.


Pons:  Looks like they're almost done, Ned.

Ned
Looking across the garage. Oh, yeah, I see it there now.  Nobody could tell them er on backerds. Wasn't you sposed ta git a ell-linement?


Pons:  An alignment? Yeah, Ned. They did that after they rotated the tires.

Ned:  Where's them lines then?  Ya might wanna check an' make sure them boys done it.



Pons: I know these folks, Ned. I trust them.

Ned
Nodding his head and scratching the top.  Okay then, Pons. Ya got yer tires ropotated, but they look the same, and some unvisible lines put on.  I guess ya got yer money's worth.


Pons:  Right, Ned. So, where are you off to now?

Ned:  I'm gonna disconnect the brake on my bike-a-cel and try ridin' it backerds fer awhile.

Pons:  That sounds a little dangerous, Ned.  Don't throw caution to the wind.

Ned:  I'll be okay, Pons. I always throw that caution downwind. 












 



Story of the Month contest entry
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Bill Schott All rights reserved.
Bill Schott has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.