General Poetry posted April 2, 2019 Chapters: -Prologue- 1... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
My 2019 NaPoWriMo poetic exploration.

A chapter in the book On Giving...

Prologue: On Giving

by ~Dovey



My wish this April is to explore the gifts that we've been given as I succumb to the lure of NaPoWriMo. In a sense, it is my pledge to give a gift to myself. The gift of time; to slow down my harried schedule and indulge in reflection, introspection, our cosmic connection, and poetic selection.

I'm not sure where this journey will take us, but I'll be honored if you choose to follow along and join me on this exploration. I've been away for far too long. In a sense, I'm now the kindred spirit of the astronaut who has travelled beyond time and space, and may finally set course on that long voyage home, anxiously waiting to reconnect with all those to which his life was long ago intertwined.

Are we in another galaxy, or just nearly a year parted -- as old friends who may pick up where we left off in the split second blink of an eye? My greatest joy in life is centered in giving... and so, for now, I'm giving this another try. Giving has so many facets -- what many gifts will this experience together impart to you and me? Bolstering each other on this journey, I think we'll all be rewarded with the ability to fly!

And, away we go... in the most beautiful manner of living... to keep on giving...



NaPoWriMo poem a day contest contest entry


Image by InspiredImages from Pixabay

I'd like to bid a warm welcome to all my friends (and future acquaintances) and heartily invite you to accompany me on this April's NaPoWriMo journey. My deepest apologies for being away so long without a word - life sure does have ways of keeping us preoccupied!

I'd like to thank Sandra for keeping up with the NaPoWriMo tradition again this year. The lure is too strong to stay away. I simply have to make the time to balance everything life has to offer. I'm looking forward to reconnecting with everyone and meeting the others who have accepted this year's NaPoWriMo challenge, too.

Good luck to us all!

Kim

Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. ~Dovey All rights reserved.
~Dovey has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.