Horror and Thriller Fiction posted March 25, 2019


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
An assassin goes hunting

The Huntress and Her Beast

by Luna Darkwaters


The author has placed a warning on this post for violence.
The author has placed a warning on this post for language.
The city streets were quiet; the heavy summer rain that had been plaguing the citizens for hours had finally let up, but puddles were still prevalent everywhere and eerily reflected the street lamps that littered the roads. It was difficult to move around without splashing in a puddle and making noise, yet somehow she was able to.

The woman that was dressed in a tight leather one piece suit with stiletto heels that were thin enough to be used as knives if necessary; her long blonde hair fell loosely around her shoulders and bounced just the littlest bit as she walked carefully and quietly along her merry way. Her brown, almond shaped eyes were narrowed in concentration as she looked about trying to find her target; all the while she felt her pet breathing down the back of her neck.

It wasn't threatening, it never was and she had no fear of him, even from the very beginning since he had been assigned to her; she didn't mind having an unusual pet/sidekick like him despite his odd appearance as she was the only one who could see him (at least until it was too late for her prey), she enjoyed the company on the hunt and the perks that came with a job well done.

She still had her orders though, the fun could wait and she was becoming antsy and bored; she was told that her target walked along this particular avenue every night after they got off from work, routines, such a hazard for those targeted for assassination. She stopped her walking and hid in a nearby alley that cast a large enough shadow that she couldn't be seen, out of the corner of her eye she saw that her companion shuffled over beside her, it's claws clicking on both the street and screeching against the nearby brick wall.

The noise that was made caused her to feel quite glad that he was invisible to targets as his large footsteps alone were loud enough to frighten away people from miles around, not to mention his quirks such as clawing invisible lines along the walls of their hiding places regardless of whether or not it was a building that served as their permanent residence or along alley walls like at the moment. She suppressed a sigh; it was just a territorial thing among his kind and the feeling to mark places that he'd been in such a way was almost constant enough to be considered a form of OCD.

It seemed as if letting him mark her wasn't nearly enough to curb his instincts...maybe she wasn't doing fucking him often enough? Twice a night just doesn't seem to satisfy her...or him for that matter, maybe.

Footsteps that echoed in her ears halted her sexy thoughts and pulled her back into the present, her far above superior hearing picking them up easily now that they were in range; they were high heeled and certainly belonged to her target as there was no one else out on this particular avenue this late. Admittedly sometimes it was overwhelming and made it difficult for her to tell the distance between her and the target since her powers were still so new to her.

Not wanting to risk poking her body out if she misjudged the distance, she closed her eyes and popped her soul from herself and made her way through the street, following the sound of the targets' steps until she had come upon her and just as she had finished mentally calculating when the woman would fall into her trap; the slutty dressed woman suddenly stopped and looked around fearfully before she turned and walked off in an entirely different direction.

'What the fuck?!' She cursed as she allowed her soul to follow the woman a little while longer and nearly cursed aloud that the target was getting further and further away from her location; she was losing her chance!

'Guess I have no choice,' she sighed as she took out one of the most secret weapons she had, something that took years of practice for some but had come to her quite easily; a technique that only could be pulled out in the most dire of situations, but she had no choice if she wanted to get the job done tonight. Taking a deep breath, she forced her soul to speed up and lunge at the target, all the woman could see for a second was a silvery figure of a woman charging toward her; she didn't have time to scream before the woman's hand was shoved into her chest and felt an icy sensation as her heart was being squeezed.

Mary somewhat enjoyed the woman's quiet croaks as she squeezed harder and harder under the woman's open eyes no longer showed any signs of life before she dropped her to the ground with a loud thump; now for the slightly harder part: disposal, something else that typically required a soul projection.

Clasping her hands together before half opening them with her palms facing the corpse, she unleashed a beam of light that hit the body, causing it to vanish into thin air back to headquarters for inspection to see if this was indeed her target and not just a look-a-like; if it was indeed her target than she would be able to enjoy a well earned rest and if not...well a whole lot of damage control was needed.

She was suddenly feeling drained now and quickly dragged back her soul before she collapsed against the wall and Tor reached out for her in concern to hold her up; she could have easily teleported her victim to her so that her companion and her physical form could have some fun and would have left her less tired, but this was an open street rather than a private residence and it was too risky doing such a thing in public where someone could stumble upon the scene itself and attempt to stop her and collateral damage would result.

She was getting a headache now just thinking of it all, she needed release and judging by the way that Tor was raking his claws against her neck, so did he and she was more than willing to give it to him; she could deal with headquarters later. Now she just wanted to get back to her hideaway and feel Tor's scaly body against hers...

#

Later, she was still awake as Tor slept next to her, but she knew it was not contently as she'd only had enough energy in her to do him only once and he had huffed angrily when she had commanded him to go to sleep; she sighed at the thought of how much making up she had to do with him for the next little while.

She slid out of bed, not minding her nakedness and stood by the window that was covered in thick black curtains to keep out the sunlight and anyone trying to look into her hideout. She slid them open just a little bit and just looked out of the sliver it made into the night sky; it was a new moon so the street lamps were the only light source available which was far below where she was so she wasn't too concerned about someone seeing her in all her glory.

The inside of her room was air conditioned that she had cranked on maximum because it was so humid from the rainstorm and her tits were becoming pointed but her cunt was drying off; she sighed again at the sensations, it had been a long time that she hadn't felt horny when she was in Tor's presence, she must be more tired than she thought despite her mind racing with thinking of her overall mission.

'I have to try and get some sleep,' she thought before she slowly walked back toward the bed and plopped down, knowing that Tor wouldn't wake up, it would take a large scale natural disaster for him to even stir; never mind for him to leap out of bed.

Despite the coolness that the air conditioner had given the room, she didn't go under the sheets like she normally would; it didn't feel very comforting this night, more restricting and she couldn't sleep when she felt restricted unless Tor was curled around her but that was an entirely different feeling altogether.

Forcing her eyes closed, she tried to clear her mind, but despite her tiredness the adrenaline was still coursing through her veins from the remembrance of tonight's kill; only one of many since her journey began five years ago...

#

It had all started with those strange dreams when she was just fifteen; of places and of killing people in different time periods so far back that there was no way that she could have ever lived them. She also dreamt of dark rooms with lit candles, strange rituals and people being trained to kill.

Most people would have been horrified at having such dark content in their dreams night after night, but she had felt no shame or disgust; in fact her dream self seemed to have sensed that these were people who had deserved to be killed. She had felt a strong sense of justice (in her eyes at least) since she was a child and so she felt calm at how terrible people were getting what they deserved.

However, admittedly she felt off kilter the first time she had seen a "companion" through her dream eyes and later on she had began seeing the ones who had belonged to her "dream selves"; but she had never felt afraid, not once. But her true appreciation came about when she began having the...spicier dreams of having her body used by the companions freely or even watching the other characters be used; it made her lust feel hungry, very hungry and wanted to seek out the reason behind her dreams, but didn't know where to start.

But she didn't have to do any work as it turned out, no they came to her. I had been so surreal at first, being a freshly turned eighteen year old girl that was living in a fleabag motel because it was all she could afford after her parents had kicked her out for not being "normal enough" for their approval once she had began writing down her dreams and they had invaded her privacy...she didn't care though, she'd always hated them and was glad to not have to live under the same roof as them.

Their arrival to her room was admittedly fruitful as she had been having concerns as to what she was going to do for money, she certainly didn't want to live in the disgusting situation any longer and if she'd had to endure one more solicitation whenever she went outside for ice...there would have been a bloodbath guaranteed. Sometimes she wondered if they had sensed her thoughts and had decided to intervene before she had wasted her potential and end up in the slammer as a result.

At first she had been leery of them when she had been told that they had been waiting for her to reach her majority...until they had mentioned the dreams, then she had become intrigued; but truthfully their story sounded a little out there, then again having similar themed dreams so many times as she did about strange creatures and killing people and being okay with them was also a little out there and so she had listened intently.

She had been a member of their organization all of her lives...because their members were reincarnated over and over again to serve their higher purpose; the companions were the same way, they were attached to the same human every incarnation no matter what they were reborn among their species and instinctively came to them when their humans' memories began to awaken through their dreams.

They had explained to her that their purpose was to continue to punish particularly bad individuals as they too somehow managed to be reborn (the foulest of individuals weren't supposed to slip through the cracks but some managed to do so anyway, sometimes more than once); they were to chase them down and eliminate them and hope that the jailors would be able to keep them locked up permanently.

Despite how honest they had seemed to be, she couldn't help but believe that they held back quite a bit; such as how they found each reincarnated assassin, it was the first and only question she had asked and their answer was a vague one, something about oracles or something like that. She had a feeling that she wasn't supposed to ask questions and so she had stopped there as she had no desire to annoy them.

They too had asked only one question: would she join them? It had been easy to say yes, not just for her beliefs but also because she had nothing else to do (although she had also been dying to meet her companion for life). She hadn't been intimidated when they had warned that once she came with them, she was not allowed to leave, this was a lifetime contract but she hadn't cared for that little thing, she just wanted some excitement.

She'd had few possessions to take with her, her laptop and a couple of small electronics as well as some clothes and a few trinkets so she didn't take long to pick up her bags to follow them out; but then it had gotten strange when instead of using the door like they had coming in, instead they had asked her to close her eyes and she was still intimidated enough by them that she did as they asked and didn't even open her eyes into small slits despite the curiosity she was feeling.

There had been no sensation of anything and when she was told to open her eyes, she had found herself in the candle lit foyer of the headquarters; the only conclusion that she could think of was magic, which became the self-explanation for anything that happened around the headquarters that would be considered freaky. She had been shown her (temporary) rooms and had been given the night off and the next morning, her grueling training had begun.

And damn if it hadn't been hard, she hadn't been athletic to begin with so she really had to work hard in order to unlock her full potential, she had been slightly behind the other in her group but she refused to give up; not when each slow day was still one step closer to achieving her true destiny; plus she had been so impatient to meet whoever her companion would be.

It had taken her two years, two fucking years of silent impatience until she had finally been paired up with Tor (others had received their around the first year mark, to her displeasure) and even then it was for more training rather than her first mission; because they need to learn how to work together, but she was still sour about being held back like that, her reservations were long gone by now and she just wanted to get going with the killing!

But she had never complained, having a feeling that they would either kill her or kick her out after erasing her memory if she had so much made a peep about where she wanted to stick their training regiment and rules; suck it up and stick it out, she told herself and she did and this sweet gig was her reward; killing for justice, the optional apartment outside of headquarters (which she had taken without hesitation when presented with the chance) and of course, her very own fucktoy to use when she wished (although that wasn't his true purpose but everyone else did anyway). Yes, life was good now.

#

She woke up just as the sun was going down and to the feeling of Tor raking a claw against her inner thigh; she'd barely noticed falling asleep and she felt more refreshed now. She had been about to part her legs when she felt it, that tingle in the air that indicated that she and Tor were needed at headquarters.

Tor showed his displeasure by removing his claw from her thigh and flopping back onto the bed with the pained monstrous groan that he used for such an occasion; his huge bulk caused the bed to shake a little despite it being customized to hold his weight, she had told him numerous times not to do that when they weren't being physical but that never stopped him from doing that anyway.

"C'mon Tor, let's go see what they want," she groaned as she rose from the bed groggily and he gave another angry groan and hopped from the bed and this time made the floor shake this time to which she made another angry noise.

"Don't do that," she hissed as she began getting dressed; "just because this apartment is full of our people doesn't mean that they won't come up here to complain about the ceiling falling down." His whimper was much like a puppy dog's as he hung his head low, but she wasn't feeling regretful of her scolding or any sympathy for his temper; something that had carried on all through his own lives, she knew that first hand from her dreams.

She finishes dressing and with a heavy sigh, she stomps over to Tor and wrenched his arm up, she didn't try to drag him as he was far too heavy for her to even try to lift him and she would only strain and injure herself if she even tried.

"Get up you asshole," she said and that seemed to rouse him a little as he turned his head towards her; "the sooner we get this done the sooner we can get back to bed, okay?" This finally did the trick as he gave an annoyed groan as she let go of his arm and began walking away and then he began walking behind her as she went out of their room and reached the kitchen area where she stopped at a nearby door and opened it to reveal a closet with lots of clothing on hangers. She moved her hands so that she was in the middle and pushed everything apart in each direction so that the back wall was revealed.

Despite the shadow that covered the back wall, her well trained eyes could see the faint symbol that was inked there; she reached for the top shelf with practiced ease and removes a small octagonal box and opens it, leaving it hanging by its hinges as she dips her fingers into the blue powder and removes a pinch of it that she throws at the symbol. It sticks to it and it glows brightly before she and Tor are engulfed in a light of similar color before they disappear into thin air.

#

"What a croc of shit!" She muttered to Tor after they had fully reappeared in that same closet sometime later, her mood was darker than a starless sky and his was no better, perhaps even worse than this morning. Despite being distracted by her ire, her eyes didn't miss the sheet of paper that apparently been shoved under her door; she groaned inwardly as she had a feeling as to what it was about.

She stomped over and picked it up to read the contents, she promptly crumpled it into a ball just after reading, sure enough it was from her asswipe neighbor from downstairs and it was regarding Tor's miniature tantrum from earlier; still clutching the paper ball, she speed walked over to him and threw it angrily at his face to which he gave an annoyed hiss.

"This is your fault," she hissed in displeasure; "you should learn to control your temper!" She didn't need more shit on top of the pile of shit that the council had already heaved on top of her; she had been looking forward to having some time off but the news that she was to leave on another mission had soured her mood entirely.

It was for another assassination, but it was one that was supposed to be taken care of by someone else just last night as well; however it had all gone wrong when the target had gotten the drop on the sap of an assassin and now their organization was down by one, so now they had to expend the energy to find more reborn that were of proper age and she had extra work to do.

She ignored his distressed noises as she stalked upstairs and began packing for a good long trip to her destination and for a very long stay since surveillance on the subject had to begin all over again because since he likely knew that they were after him...this was going to be her most difficult assignment yet.

That stupid dead fuck...but the council had promised extra time off if she did this and she had said yes but because she always had the feeling that saying no wasn't an option; but this was the life that she had chosen for herself.

"C'mon Tor," she muttered to the creature that had just arrived in their room; "let's get this show on the road."

#

'Even during my longest surveillances I never thought I would be this bored, I was apparently mistaken, this is the worst ever!' She thought as she looked through her binoculars at the man below; this had been a two week long surveillance, the longest that she'd ever done and she was being driven crazy at not being able to take action yet thanks to her idiot of a dead colleague. Her superiors had strongly advised her to have her surveillance be at least this length in case he had changed his routine around now that he knew that his time was coming to an end.

They had given her the dead assassin's notes and she had discreetly read them while she had journeyed to her destination, memorizing the contents and the target's routine; she had been quite sure that the target would change his routine and thought that her superiors' suggestion on wait time would only be partly a waste of her own time.

She was right...and wrong. The fortnight had been a waste of time more or less because the fool hadn't changed his routine one iota; either he was just a moron or he was just arrogant enough to think that no one else would be sent after him. She betted that it was the latter; after all, if she was him she would figure that taking out a singular assassin in the painful way that he'd had would have left enough of an impression not to send any more people after him.

Oh but he was mistaken; they would have continued sending more and more after him even if he kept killing them off, because he was a soul that should never have escaped punishment. The thought was completely stupid as even if the slippery bad souls were numbered like ants, so were the souls of the assassins; they were born in large numbers and they never fell behind which was probably the whole point in order to keep chasing after the escapees.

'At least he only has killed one and it will be his last;' Mary vowed as she lowered the binoculars. This had gone on long enough and judging by Tor's restless movements near her, he felt the same way; this had been the longest that he had gone without penetrating her and his temper was about ready to boil over. Good, so was hers and she was going to unleash it on the man below; she wasn't worried about repercussions from her superiors, they didn't care how she killed the target, only that it was done at all.

She smirked; this was going to be fun...

#

Harold James walked as if he hadn't taken care of a man that had tried to kill him a fortnight ago; he felt no fear, he left no evidence to connect him to the crime and even if he were questioned, he could either play ignorance or the victim card, whichever was needed. He was actually surprised that he'd heard nothing on the news about the discovery of a body in that location; but he brushed it off as perhaps someone from whoever hired the dead man protecting their own asses.

He didn't care as he knew that he was too clever to be taken down by mere mortals like the police and even the one who had been after him were no match for him; he was confident that no one else would be sent after him, he had proven his invincibility.
Or so he thought up until he felt a hard fist hit the back of his head, he felt dizzy but he was still conscious as he was picked up and placed on a rough shoulder before the blackness overtook him.

#

"Wakey, wakey!" She chimed to her passed out captive almost gleefully as she slapped him silly in order to awaken him; which he eventually did with a confused groan as he opened his eyes. He tried to speak but the tape in the shape of an x across his face made it only come out as muffled noises; his eyes narrowed at her out of the indignity of his situation.

"You know why I'm here aren't you? Not that it matters," she said before he could attempt at a response; "your stunt in killing my colleague has cost me a huge amount of vacation time and I plan to make you pay for all of them. I won't be gentle in killing you and I won't be concerned with time either; I am going to take this very slowly and enjoy it..."

To her delight, his angry muffles turned into whimpers when she cut his clothes off and happened to knick him a couple of times in the process; but she gave him a reason to scream when she ordered Tor to rip off his eyelids when he closed them, she so wanted him to see this.

Normally she liked to be quick in killing, but she was prone to exceptions once in a while such in cases like this when she was really pissed off; she was cold in her feelings about killing at all, she didn't enjoy it but she didn't hate it either. However she did begin to feel some satisfaction of taking vengeance when she began to cut off his toes before she had done the same to his fingers...

#

'Okay, I feel a little better,' she admitted to herself as she admired the pieces of him that were strewn about and on the chair that she had previously had him tied to. Truthfully Tor had done most of the work, she'd only taken off a few digits and gave him a few (okay several) cuts before she had practically felt Tor's impatience and allowed him to vent his own frustrations.

She was actually somewhat surprised at how restrained he had been when he had been chopping the man up; he had gone slowly enough for it to be painful for the target and satisfying for her to watch. Yes, she would certainly reward him for this...

She heaved a small sigh as however she now had a bloody mess to teleport back to headquarters; but at least she finally earned that damned time off and personal pleasures with Tor...




For an off-site contest.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Luna Darkwaters All rights reserved.
Luna Darkwaters has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.