General Non-Fiction posted March 21, 2019


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Failure is Needed contest entry

Failure Brings Success

by dovemarie

Failure is needed Contest Winner 
I learned how to play the piano from my sister who was taking lessons at the time. She was 9 and I was seven. At eight years old, I started taking lessons, and I practiced and practiced, but woe is me! on the night of the recital, when I was nine years old, I made the mistake of trying to play my piece, "Mexican Claphands Dance," from memory, and as a result I made all kinds of mistakes from nervousness. That made me determined to do well in the duet that I played with my sister later on in the recital, and with her sitting beside me on the piano bench, I took courage and didn't make a mistake. Then when I was 11 and 12, I made mistakes in the Spelling Bee in front of the school (age 11) and then in the classroom spelling bee (age 12). This made me determined that I was going to win the School Spelling Bee when I was in the eighth grade, at age 13. I accomplished that, but made a mistake in the Citywide Spelling Bee that had 58 contestants in it. I came in second, but that has made me work on my spelling even harder, determined not to make mistakes, and in my proofreading and typing of my poems on Fan Story. Failure creates success. And nervousness creates courage.


Writing Prompt
Write about a time you failed and how it turned into something even better!

Failure is needed
Contest Winner


Thanks to Monica Morrell for artwork.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. dovemarie All rights reserved.
dovemarie has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.