General Non-Fiction posted March 18, 2019


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A response to a post.

Freedom?

by aryr

I agree with JDRBAR in the definition of privacy. If I may be bold enough, I will copy and quote that definition- 'For me, privacy is the ability to protect myself and my identity as a person. Who I am, where I go, who I see, what I do, what I think, and what I know should be protected against forced revelation to, or by, any person, agency, or group provided I am not breaking any laws. These are personal matters that are no one's business but my own unless I choose to reveal that information voluntarily. And even then, that information should be confidential.'

The privacy that each of us hold dear to our heart does not exist. Not just in America, I believe any country is able to go on line and discover anything they wish to learn. There is no privacy. Any piece of information is available and up for grabs.

I will further be brave enough to say that for the general population should be protected and should have their privacy protected. The only exception would be for those who have a record or a history of sexual crimes. Children are innocent enough that they need whatever protection the society can offer.

Privacy is a privilege that has been taken away, and with modern technology never become a privilege again.

I wish I could at this time offer a solution, but the damage has been done and probably not reversible. If the powers to be could reverse the situation and turn back time and limit information to name only. Eliminate all the other information.

I am aware that I probably stepped on a few toes when I write this, so that is why I stress that this is my opinion alone. I thank anyone who is brave enough to do likewise.




My opinion.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. aryr All rights reserved.
aryr has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.