General Fiction posted March 13, 2019


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Retired movie dogs discuss their careers.

Canine Chitchat

by howard11


"Say, fella, didn't you play Asta? Loyal pooch of Nick and Nora Charles?"

"That's me. Skippy by birth. And you're Toto, companion of traveling teenage girls. May I pull up some grass and squat?"

"Go ahead. Gnaw one of these bones." He nosed a cow's rib toward his fellow terrier. "Although born Terry, everyone insists I am Toto. You know, I liked the Dorothy girl, but if I hear that 'Rainbow' song again, I'll toss my Kibbles."

"I understand. Fans still offer me booze. The 'Thin Man' series was a great gig, and great fun." Skippy wagged his tail. "But lucky you...on screen in color."

"Yep. Color grabbed audiences. Color or not, what's your favorite canine character portrayal?"

"The hound alongside 'Outlaw Josey Wales'. Tobacco repeatedly spit in his face, he stayed in character. Oscar worthy."

"Dynamite stuff. Outdoes scripted barking lines like, 'Come! Timmy fell in the well!'"



Flash Fiction contest entry


For those who avoid B&W movies, I recommend the 'Thin Man' series. Light hearted and intelligent, the six movies are refreshing when compared to modern productions.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. howard11 All rights reserved.
howard11 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.