General Poetry posted February 27, 2019 Chapters:  ...139 140 -141- 142... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
5-7-5 Suite

A chapter in the book Family

Movie Quiz

by Treischel

I thought I’d add some fun, starting with a list of my 10 favorite movies, but list them so that you have to guess what they are. So, here are 10 of them in 5-7-5 formatted poems that give you clues. Given hints, can you guess the name of the movie? I’ll tell you in my notes below. Don’t cheat now!
 
1. Sing out the Gospel
of no ordinary man
rock the message
 
2. Asylum Inmates
taste some defiant freedoms
nurse shuts progress down
 
3. Test of iron wills
deadly Bataan prison camp
beloved bridge downed
 
4. Luxury afloat
forbidden love blooms at sea
unsinkable sinks
 
5. An abused childhood
brings unexpected success
deaf, dumb and blind kid
 
6. Aging superstar
brings upcoming protégé
begrudging success
 
7. Primitive planet
defends precious resources
dragon’s wing rescue
 
8. Forces in conflict
long ago and far away
defeat empire’s plan
 
9. Two hippy’s hijinx
burned herbal van and a band
smoke the rock concert
 
10. A strange space creature
brings death and eggs to starship
meets Earth’s female match
 




I love movies, and this is a small list of my favorites, but nevertheless 10 that are my favorites. I could go on and on. These are the ones I watch over and over again.

Here's the list.
1. Jesus Christ Superstar. Not only are the music and lyrics incredible, but it follows the Gospels fairly well. I loved the original. Wasn't as enamored with John Legend's version.
2. One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. Jack Nicholson's performance of an endearing rebel psych patient, is only overshadowed by the evil Nurse Ratched's unwavering, unsympathetic adherence to rules that stifles budding progress, and leads to tragic endings.
3. Bridge Over the River Kwai. Stirring marching music begin a tale of a British Officer's resistance to brutal Japanese imprisonment after the Bataan Death March. His indomitable spirit impresses the Japanese, who harness him to build a proper bridge, which he comes to love. Only to be blown up.
4. Titanic. A forbidden love story between two different classes of passengers blooms aboard the doomed Titanic oceanliner. Romance, drama, and tragedy all blend with outstanding music to create a masterpiece.
5. Tommy. Incredible music blends with incredulous story of a deaf, dumb and blind kid with miraculous powers that enable him to become a pinball superstar. The symbolism in the story underline a tale of how someone like Jesus might have been treated in this day and age. A miraculous curiosity, gaining fame, then quickly turned upon when he doesn't meet a mob's expectations.
6. A Star is Born. A fabulous blend of music and drama. This timeless story has been remade 4 times. Seen them all. The original had no music. I like the Barbara Streisand's version the best. Interesting how the names chance, the occupations changes, the death scene changes, and even the music changes with each iteration.
7. Avatar. An amazing story of a beautifully primitive planet, invaded by our greedy technological space travelers who only want to strip the resources. A side love cross-species love story, and battle of natural forces and dragons, against the invaders.
8. Star Wars. Such a blockbuster series that portrays the classic battle between good and evil, in a science fiction extravaganza.
9. Up in Smoke. Having been a hippy myself, one of the funniest movies I ever watched. Cheech and Chong deliver a intoxicating story of two losers who drive a van, literally made of marijuana, catch it on fire, and get an entire arena high during their rock band's performance. Hilarious, especially if watched while smoking a dooby.
10. Alien. An outstanding series of indomitable creature motherhood against a human female's survival instinct. Incredible imagery and battles.

Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Treischel All rights reserved.
Treischel has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.