General Fiction posted February 22, 2019


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Coming soon...

Masterpiece

by Heather Knight


This weekend was going to change my life forever. I was planning to start writing the Great American Novel at long last. I mean, how difficult could it be?

I packed a small suitcase and put my computer in its shiny case. I was extremely excited. My days, weeks, months, years... of procrastination were about to come to an end.

As I drove out of the city, the sun shone on the roof of my car and I happily assumed it was a good omen.

However, I was sadly mistaken. When I arrived at my little country house, I realized I had left my charger in Madrid.

I opened my computer and looked at the battery icon. Thirty per cent. That wasn't enough to start a work of epic proportions... I could feel tears of frustration smarting my eyes.

After a while, I calmed down and began thinking of viable solutions. Finding a replacement in the nearest village turned out to be impossible.

I wrote to my neighbor, who always comes to my rescue, and asked her if she had a computer like mine. Luckily, she did, and she lent me her charger.

A couple of hours have passed and my battery is fully charged, but it's too late to write now. It's dark outside and I'm tired.

I'll be starting my masterpiece tomorrow. Watch out, Steinbeck... Not just yet, but soon.



Recognized
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Heather Knight All rights reserved.
Heather Knight has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.