Mystery and Crime Fiction posted February 21, 2019


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Often, I see a shoe in the road.

Clothes in the Road

by Brigitte Elko


Driving down a bumpy country road one afternoon, to my surprise a saw a bright red jacket lying in the middle of the road, abandoned , so it seemed. There was no need to stop for the countryside was deserted and no houses were nearby. My mind clicked, just once, with wonder,
"How did it get there and why wasn't it picked up?'
Going about my business trying to get to my destination in a hurry, I saw a green beautiful shoe in the road. I had travelled about a mile from where I saw the jacket. To me, this was really curious. Who would drop a georgeous shoe, mind you, just one, into the roadway where it was sure to get run over? Other things were on my mind, when suddenly I had to swerve to avoid hitting a pile of more clothes. Stopping to compose myself, I saw a hat, a pair of jeans, gloves, and something balled up that I couldn't identify.

Now, I was really feeling unsettled and confused. Who and why would someone leave all these clothing items in the middle of the road?
No answer was forthcoming but this never quite left my mind. A mystery it was, at least, to me.
Note to reader:
Beware, be on the lookout for a nude woman wandering around.




Driving around, there a many times I see a shoe or boot in the road. I have always wondered how someone could lose one shoe or boot.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by emma zgo at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Brigitte Elko All rights reserved.
Brigitte Elko has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.