Commentary and Philosophy Poetry posted February 21, 2019


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Tyburn Poem: A new day will shed new light.

Beyond the Horizon

by LisaMay

Shading 
Fading
Blading
Raiding
Let go dark night’s shading, fading moon
Your day will come blading, raiding soon




Tyburn Poetry writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
A six line poem consisting of 2, 2, 2, 2, 9, 9 syllables. The first four lines rhyme and are all descriptive words. The last two lines rhyme and incorporate the first, second, third, and fourth lines as the 5th through 8th syllables. Details.


Hold on to the fact that the sun will come up tomorrow and shine on YOU. Night time can be when all your fears and disappointments come to the fore. You may have a dark (k)night in your life (a depressing period of time or a person) who's influence is now waning and diminishing because you are feeling more positive about your future. Your day will come when you can stand confidently radiant in the light of your own truth, without being kept in the dark.

For those of you have seen an earlier version of this poem, I changed a few words to better fit this contest's Tyburn rhyming requirements.

(Thank you to Jordan Steranka for the image, on Unsplash)
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. LisaMay All rights reserved.
LisaMay has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.