General Script posted February 21, 2019


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Writing contest Defend the Library

A Librarian's Defense

by dovemarie


To my city counselors: I have been working in the library for 20 years. I find it to be a quiet, restful place full of knowledge and experiences. The library is for everyone - young and old. It should not be destroyed because it is a place where mothers and fathers bring their children to find stories, where students come to look up information in college books and encyclopedias, where I myself have studied and have been helpful to patrons who are looking for romance, mystery, legal or medical subjects, and authors' names. I started out as a page, I cleaned and rearranged the shelves, and I put books and magazines in attractive and alphabetical order. It has been a big part of my life since I was a child. It is also free - the only cost is if an item is late. Microfilms of the past are also available, if you want to look up something in history or in your own past. The library represents the past, present and future. Please do not destroy.



Defend the library! writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
You are a librarian and must provide reasons to the city council that the library should not be destroyed........


I wrote a poem on Fan Story about the library last year, and I like to patronize it for schoolwork and looking at my newspaper pictures on microfilm about coming in 2nd in my city spelling bee, also an account I wrote about mental health and my experiences with it. Thanks to tracik for artwork.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by tracik at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. dovemarie All rights reserved.
dovemarie has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.