General Non-Fiction posted February 21, 2019


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
The Life of Tyler.

More Insight From My Grandkids

by Sally Law


A light-hearted and insightful young man, is my grandson, Tyler. He is a fraternal twin, homeschooled and in the fifth grade.

The things I love about Tyler...well, the list is long.

He is our resident funny man. A comedian since birth and dramatic as they come. It is never, ever without drama when Tyler is around.

He is very devoted to his family and loves deeply. My husband and I feel his love and are very close to him.

His bond with his twin brother is most evident and was recently tested while at a summer church camp. Caleb was dared to jump out of a very high tree.

Free time was abundant and many of the kids enjoyed climbing the trees that stretched throughout the rustic lakeside camp.

Tyler was in the trees also, along with some older boys when the dare was made to Caleb.

Caleb finally succumbed to the dares and jumped. When he hit the ground, a loud crack was heard...followed by screaming. He had fractured his tibia. 911 was called and he was rushed to a hospital almost an hour away.

Tyler was left behind with a family member and was separated from his brother for the first time in his life. When his mom came back to camp hours later to report that Caleb was okay, but would be in a cast for eight weeks; Tyler was distraught.

He said, "I just have to see him with my own eyes. We have never been apart, and not about to start that now!"

My daughter-in-law took him promptly to see his brother. They were able to sit together and talked for a long time while Caleb was being monitored. His heart of devotion and love for his brother was tested and he passed with flying colors.

Tyler enjoys fishing with granddad, and has caught many fish with his homemade fishing pole.

Taking care of chameleons since he was three years old, he builds them stick houses and checks to see if they need food or water.

'Captain Huggyface' was his beloved goldfish until he died. He cried and cried telling of his great loss of the larger-than-normal fish. (I think he was overfed.)

Loves: Monkeys, Disney World, vacations at the beach, roller coasters, giving thoughtful gifts and cards, playing 'hand and foot', singing, climbing trees, playing in the treehouse his dad built, rollerblading, making pottery, his family and Jesus.

He is the first to get up in the morning and the last voice you hear in the house at night. He'll eat you under the table, but seems to always have room for more. Pushes down his dinner with a wave of his magic hand, and miraculously...has room for some dessert. 'A la mode, please...Grammy.

An infectious laugh and silly bone deluxe--you cannot help but laugh along. A creature from the deep is he! (Just look at that photo!) To live and love life in itself--is his gift to our family. A smile that robs me of any sadness...

No one else like him--special in every way-- my grandson, Tyler.



Recognized


Tyler as the creature that lives in our lake. He takes an ordinary activity like lake weeding, and entertains us all. He especially likes to scare his little sister, Sophia.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Sally Law All rights reserved.
Sally Law has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.