Humor Non-Fiction posted February 15, 2019


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
How did they get so smart?

Wisdom and Insight From My Grandkids

by Sally Law


Sophia~
The beauty among her brothers and our youngest grandchild, is almost five-years-old.

She has a kind heart, loves her family and all animals. Recently, her entire family had the flu. Except for my daughter-in- law and Sophia, all the men were sick for two weeks.

Sophia reported like a nurse for duty. She said, "Mommy, if you need me to help with Daddy and the Bubbas, you just call my name. Say...Sophia...and I will come."

Her powers of observation are highly developed, as she can find chocolate in a matter of seconds, no matter where it is hidden.

She studies mysteries, and wants to know all about the deeper meaning of life.

She sat with her granddad recently and examined his bald spot very closely. The inquiry had begun on the subject of aging.

"Grandad, what is this on the top of your head?"

My husband patted his bald spot, stroking it affectionately. "That is granddad's bald spot. Don't rub too much sweetheart or the rest of my hair might fall out."

Sophia was overcome with concern at the loss of hair.

She continued, "And, Granddad, why is it all red on your bald spot? Does it hurt?"

"No, it doesn't hurt, and I'm not sure why hair falls out when you get older...it just does sometimes."

He thinks he has satisfied her. Nope, not even close.

She moved to the other side of the sofa and climbed up to get a bird's-eye view of his head.

Her eyes narrowed as she drew closer for a more thorough examination. A flashlight was called for and retrieved by one of her brothers.

"Granddad, is there medicine we can get for your head to make your hair grow back?"

"I don't think so," my husband replied.

"Things just happen when you get older. Granddad is old and is loosing his hair. It is a mystery of God and how He made us."

"How come Grammy still has lots of hair?" She began to run her fingers through my hair as she restyled it for me; looking from one head back to the other. She assessed my scalp for redness.

"Granddad...maybe Grammy can give you some of her hair and we can put it right there," she said, patting his bald spot one more time.

Then, she kissed him.



Recognized

#278
2019


Photo of Sophia sitting with her Granddad by the fire on Christmas Eve.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Sally Law All rights reserved.
Sally Law has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.