Commentary and Philosophy Fiction posted February 11, 2019


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
An enterprising boy makes the most of after-school time...

Reprinted with Permission

by Y. M. Roger


Nine-year-old Robbie hurried excitedly from school. February first meant he would be collecting last month’s magazines from offices along his route.
 
He arrived with arms full - mom letting him into the Rainbow Assisted-Living offices where she worked until eight.
 
Robbie commandeered the office floor, carefully choosing articles to cut out and grouping them into topics like entertainment, politics, more. He glued these to pages from the office recycle bin.
 
He photocopied Robbie’s Reprints on only bin papers. For years, editions sold to Rainbow residents for two dollars each.
 
Rainbow celebrated when Robbie won the Young Entrepreneur’s Scholarship for journalism.



100 Word Writing Contest contest entry

Recognized

#472
2019


Exactly 100 words on MSWord.

NOTE: For those of you concerned with copyright and legal issues, please know that in his cutting and pasting our intelligent young Robbie DID always include credential/publisher information for each of the articles. :) :)

Thank you for reading me! :) ;)

Image from 'Developing Critical Thinking Skills in Youth' at Moolah U [moolahu.com]
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Y. M. Roger All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Y. M. Roger has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.