Supernatural Fiction posted February 10, 2019 Chapters:  ...40 41 -42- 43... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Sins of Chaos/A Novel of the Breedline series

A chapter in the book Sins of Chaos

Bloodshed/Part two

by scongrove


The author has placed a warning on this post for violence.



Background
Dedicated to a friend, and an incredible writer. Roy Owen, you inspired my battle angels. Thank you! Enjoy . . .
Previously . . .

When widespread reports of gruesome attacks on homeless victims, and local residents sweep across Berkeley California and the San Francisco Bay area, two local human detectives are desperate to catch whoever is responsible for the disturbing and heinous crimes.

When they question Zeke Rizzo—who is a Breedline, born with the curse of a sin-eater, and owner of the Cat Club—about a woman they’d found brutally murdered near his bar, one of Zeke’s bouncers recognizes the victim after Detective Perkins shares her photo from social media. He also confirms the victim left the bar around midnight with a guy that oddly resembled the famous actor, Jason Momoa. 

Before the detectives leave, Zeke gives them a copy of the bar’s video surveillance, hoping it would help with their investigation.

As the detectives exit the club, Zeke found himself confronted by a beautiful woman he’d seen earlier hanging out in the VIP section with an older gentleman. After introducing herself as Callisto and that she was every man’s dream, she asked him to spend the night with her. Zeke refused her proposition, but she was not the type to take no for an answer, and grabbed his arm. At the same time he realized she was not human and craved human blood, he got a glimpse into her past, using his sin-eater skills. What he saw nearly brought him to his knees. She’d been trapped alive for years in some kind of sarcophagus. At the same time Zeke questioned her about his vision, Callisto’s brother, Apollyon, interrupted their conversation and warned Zeke to keep his sister’s past to himself.

When the detectives find another body with the same MO, they contact Zeke before they head back to his bar for more questions. As they arrive, Zeke found himself caught off guard by Apollyon, who was furious after he found out Zeke spoke to the detectives and cut his throat just as his head of security, Yelena, and the detectives walked in, witnessing everything. Before Apollyon used his powers and disappeared, he took Yelena with him.

While the detectives question Zeke after he mysteriously heals, he refuses to answer their questions and leaves them clueless to what they’d just encountered.
As the detectives report to another crime scene, they discover another suspect after reviewing the surveillance video. Their next step was to visit the owner of several popular bars in the area who happened to be Detectives Manuel Sanchez’s nephew, Nathan Gage, hoping he could help identify the suspects. When they arrive at the bar, and explain to the owner what they have discovered, asking him if he’d take a look at the video they retrieved from the crime scene, Nathan becomes worried. He knew something his Uncle Sanchez wasn’t aware of. Not only was Nathan a Breedline, he knew his uncle was born with the same genetics but it was kept a secret. Now, he was faced with a difficult decision. In order to keep his uncle safe, he would have to go against the Breedline law and tell him everything.

Now that both Detectives know about the Breedline, they offer to help them take down the Fury. There next step is to figure out a way to lure them out of their hiding place.

As they ponder on a plan of action, Jace comes up with an idea of putting on a show at Nate’s bar to lure the Fury to them, hoping a crowded bar of humans would do the trick. It would be like ringing a dinner bell to an all-you-can-eat buffet. But the only question was; could they protect all the people while they battled with the hungry trio?  

When the Breedline manages to capture Callisto, her fraternal twin Electra, uses her telepathic powers to warn their brother Apollyon. Enraged with the Breedline, Apollyon tells his beloved Yelena good-bye, knowing it may be the last time they see one another as he heads for battle. 


While the battle with the Fury comes to a halt, the Breedline are stunned by their power and have the feeling they are incapable of defeating the supernatural trio. With hope and a lot of prayers, they will not give up the fight.    
     
      

Continued . . .

As the Creator watched the chaos on earth below, he shook his head, realizing he had no choice but to intervene.   

He sensed the approaching angel before he heard him. Turning his head, the Creator watched as Cronus—a first commander in charge of his battle angels—gracefully descended from above.

When Cronus’s boots landed on solid ground, he tucked in his dark wings and dropped to one knee. “My Lord,” he said, lowering his gaze.
 
Dressed in all black with a sword at his side, Cronus was stunningly handsome with dark hair that hung in thick waves past his shoulders. His eyes sparkled pale gray, and his arms were marked with unique tattoos. He was a loyal and devoted warrior, willing to give his life to protect the heavens and all of God’s creations. He had the power of the sword of truth and the ability to use his body as a shield, and his mission was to lead the Creator’s soldiers in the path of light.   
    
The battle angels’ one purpose for existence was to serve the Creator in war against demons and evil havoc on earth.

“There’s not much time,” the Creator spoke, releasing a sigh. “My children on earth depend on you. Chose four of your best soldiers and prepare for war. Do not destroy the Fury,” he instructed. “Render them powerless and bring them to me.” 

Cronus looked upward with a rapt expression. “My Lord . . . as always, I give you my word. We will not fail you.” 

As he rose, determination pulsed from the warrior. His feathered wings burst from his back and opened wide. Cronus simply hovered, his wings lightly fluttering as he gazed down at his Creator with unbridled devotion. At that moment, he felt cherished . . . loved.

It only took him a moment for his wings to lift off and carry him to his destination. As he raced to where all his warriors were stationed, called the “In-Between”—the outer space surrounding heaven—he struggled with the decision of one warrior. Without a doubt, he knew Helios, Icarus, and Frigg were the best three choices, but he wasn’t sure about choosing Lailah. Although she displayed skills no other warrior possessed and her loyalty to the Creator was undeniable, this particular mission would involve someone from her past. But Lailah was essential for them to successfully render the Fury powerless. 

Unlike any of the Creator’s angels, there are no majestic white wings, no soft angelic voice, and no golden halo continually hovering over their head. The indigenous battle angels, on average, were ten feet tall, although a few towered to the height of twelve feet with a more muscular build. All were tattooed with unique warrior markings, black eagle-like wings with armor typical of ancient heroes, and wielded a type of sword associated with a long-gone empire. They are the bravest of angels, who consider only the importance of their mission and are perfectly willing to be destroyed in the service of righteousness. Each angel is gifted with special powers to be used as weapons to fight against the dark side. They are particularly fond of the human race and consider themselves humanity’s special protectors.  
  
Gifted with holy fire, Lailah not only possessed the power to shape and manipulate holy flames—which were inextinguishable by normal means—she is absolutely breathtaking. Her bright red hair was like burning flames that flowed over her shoulders in luscious curls. And her eyes were as blue as the sea accenting the delicate features of her lovely face. Lailah’s gift was especially effective against demons and other evil supernatural beings. She can trap or immobilize their enemy, rather than killing them outright.

Holy fire can have different properties and capabilities such as summoning spirits of the deceased back to the world of the living but only with the permission of the Creator.

Helios, a descendant of a mighty African king, was a mountain of a man, towering the height of at least twelve feet. He had an intimidating muscular build, and dark braids reached to the middle of his back as thick as rope, his eyes shining like a pair of flawless diamonds. When the Creator brought Helios into the group, his entire body was converted into a lethal weapon. The tips of his magnificent dark feathers sliced like knives, and his hands and feet were clawed with talons capable of shredding through skin and bone. In his formal life as a human, he was born without vocal cords. Gifting him with the powers of telepathy, the Creator made it possible for Helios to communicate using his mind.   
     
The warrior Icarus wasn’t your ordinary battle angel. There was no other word to describe him except gorgeous. He had the most fantastic head of hair, the kind women would die for. The long, colorful shades of blond were outrageously beautiful. And his strange silver eyes that shimmered like crystals accentuated his handsome face. Icarus was gifted with the power of telekinesis. He can influence, manipulate, and move matter using his mind. His gift also gives him the capability to absorb and convert energy. Although his specific powers are very resourceful and useful in physical combat against the dark forces, Icarus was new to the group. But so far, his love and loyalty toward the Creator never once faltered. Cronus had faith and confidence in all his mighty soldiers.

Frigg, on the other hand, is different than any other angel. Not only does he resemble the singer, musician, and actor Billy Idol of the 80’s punk rock band—sporting the same trademark bleached spiked hair—Frigg also speaks with an English accent. He was one of God’s originals, serving as a battle angel for more than a century. With a personality bigger than life, he still had a few of his human weaknesses: his love for rock-n-roll, cheeseburgers, and classic black-and-white movies. Frigg—never lost for words—was a bit of a show-off. Around him, there is never a dull moment, even in battle. The Creator gifted him with the unique power of shape-shifting. He can transform and reshape himself into any living thing.

After Cronus summoned his four warriors and prepared them for their task ahead, he asked to speak with Lailah in private.

“There is no other angel I admire more than you,” Cronus told Lailah. “I have faith in your strength and ability to help us win this battle against the Fury.”

Frowning, Lailah stared at her commander in question. “I get the feeling this isn’t a pep talk just to build my confidence,” she said. “Am I right?”  
 
He nodded. “There’s something you need to know before we leave, and it involves your brother.”

Her eyes rounded. “Manuel—”

He held up his hand before she could utter another word. “Hold on, Lailah. Nothing has happened to him. But I want to warn you, he will be at the place we are going into battle.”

And then there was a “What?!” that could be heard at a distance, her voice increasing with panic.  

She shook her head. “I-I don’t understand. What does my brother have to do with all this?”

Cronus let out a deep breath. “Lailah, your brother is a homicide detective, and he’s been thrown into the middle of all this. And he knows.”

“Knows what?” she demanded, voice rising. “Tell me, Cronus.”

“He knows about the Breedline.” There was a beat of silence. “And he knows about your family’s bloodline.”

Lailah squeezed her eyes shut and prayed that it wasn’t true. She opened them and brushed off the tears from her cheeks. “I can’t believe this. I have to protect him.”

He placed his hand on her shoulder and lightly squeezed. “We’ll do everything we can to ensure his safety. I give you my word.”

“Thank you, Cronus,” she said earnestly. “But what if Manuel recognizes me?”

“Then maybe . . . he’ll finally have peace with your death.”

Her shoulders sagged. “Yeah,” she whispered, looking down, “maybe.”

“Look at me, Lailah.”

She lifted her eyes and couldn’t help but draw back as Cronus pinned her with a hard stare.

“I need to know. Can I count on you to be focused?”

Lailah couldn’t find her voice, so she nodded.

“Mistake this not. The survival of God’s creations depends solely on us. We need you, Lailah. Answer me. Are we clear?”

“Y-yes,” she vowed. “I promise.”

“Warriors,” Cronus called out abruptly.

When Helios, Icarus, and Frigg came into view, it seemed a little odd that Lailah did not look at any of them, staying focused on Cronus instead—although maybe that made sense. As hard-core as the warriors were, their commander was the only one whose opinion truly mattered.

Cronus looked around at his warriors in silence, and Lailah’s heart started kicking in her chest as though a bird was flapping its wings inside her rib cage.

At last, Cronus spoke, “Soldiers of war . . . are you prepared to fight in battle?”

The response was immediate.

Icraus’s smile was slow and a little evil. “I’m in,” he murmured.

Helios leaned in and nodded silently.

“Oh, bloody hell, I’ll miss my movie,” Frigg groaned. “Casablanca will be on in half an hour.”

Everyone turned to Frigg, who sported a pouty lip and had his arms crossed over his chest.

“What?” he said, shrugging his shoulders. “Look, don’t knock it, guys. It’s a classic, ‘kay?”

Icarus glanced at his commander. “Can I please have permission to beat him?”

“As soon as we get back,” Cronus said. “We’ll hang him up by his toes, and you can use him as target practice.”

Helios cracked a smile, and Icarus said, “I can’t wait.”

Frigg shook his head. “I swear, one of these days I’m going to put in a request for another position. Maybe I’ll be a guardian angel.”

At the same time, Lailah and Icarus busted into laughter. Even Helios chuckled silently.

“You guys suck,” Frigg said, furrowing his brows.

“Okay, that’s enough,” Cronus interjected. 

Lailah raised her chin high. “I’m ready.”

Respect rolled through Cronus’s chest as Lailah and the others looked up at him with admiration.

“Time’s ticking,” Cronus said as he unsheathed his wings. “We have a battle awaiting us.”

****

With rage burning through Kyle’s blood like fire, he exploded into action with Casey and Nate following behind and barreled down to the lower level of the bar. 
 
Before Jem could decide on a course of action, an unexpected sound came from above. Apollyon looked distinctly puzzled by the menacing rumbling that sounded like a stampede of onrushing bulls, but Jem recognized the sound.

Apollyon’s body snapped around and dropped into a fight stance, readying himself for another attack. 

Electra and Callisto rushed to Apollyon’s side. They looked at each other in alarm and then to their brother for direction.

As deep furrows creased his brow, Apollyon clenched his clawed hands. Anger surged through him as he caught sight of the feral beasts that toppled from the stairs.

As they leaped and bounded through the mass hysteria of people, they slid to a halt when they came to a clearing in the center. To their surprise, Steven and Lawrence were kneeling over Zeke’s smoldering body. The smoke, dust, and dim lighting made it hard to see clearly, even though they were only a few feet away. It appeared something or someone had shot him in the chest and left a hole the size of a cannonball. And Jace—now in human form—was lying naked on the floor still as water, and his head cocked at an unnatural angle. 

Instead of dropping to their knees and bowing to Apollyon, everyone appeared dazed and confused, completely unable to comprehend what they had just witnessed.

Enraged by their disobedience, Electra extended her palm and aimed toward the crowd, preparing to strike another lightning blast.

“Wait!” Jem called out, his eyes pleading. “Please don’t do this. They’re all innocent humans.”

Electra paused as if considering his request. Then, with effortless brutality, she fired a lightning bolt before Jem could react, killing a defenseless bystander.

“No!” Jem cried out in horror as the body of a young human female in a silver sequin mini dress hit the floor. This wasn’t supposed to happen.  
 

With a smug grin, Electra turned to Jem. “I don’t take orders from—”

CRACK!

Unaware of Jem’s powers, Electra got a dose of her own medicine. When he launched a bolt of electricity from his hand, the force of the impact threw her backward. Her body rolled until it smacked into a wall and came to an abrupt halt. It was a blast hard enough to kill a mortal woman ten times over. 
   
Yet Electra wasn’t mortal, and it merely stunned her. With a grunt, she rose to her feet and shot her sister a look that said she was pissed.

Upset over Zeke, Callisto purposely lifted the shield that kept Electra protected. 

Callisto shrugged her shoulders. “Oops,” she said with a slight smirk on her face. “Sorry.”

Ready for round two, Jem palmed another firebomb and launched it in her direction. But the blast exploded in mid-air before it made contact.

Jem’s eyes rounded. What the hell? 
   
“You can’t kill me,” Electra mocked. “You can’t kill any of us.”

“No one is invincible,” Jem said. Then, in one quick, continuous motion, he discharged another lightning bolt strong enough to blast through steel, but it exploded again before connecting with his target, leaving all three of them unscathed.

“Don’t waste your energy, Breedline,” Callisto chimed in. “You’re powers are useless up against my shield.”

 Shit! Jem’s troubled gaze met Steven, and then he looked to Tim as if he was searching for a solution to the grim situation.

Tim shook his head, knowing where this was going. Fear shadowed his eyes and whitened his lips. Think! He cursed to himself. There has to be a way to destroy them.

To be continued . . .
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 




NOTE: This is not part of the chapter. A reference for terms and cast of characters, especially for new readers:

BREEDLINE - A species of humans that have the ability to change from human form into a wolf. They are not like the old legend of the Lycanthropy myth. Breedline species can shift into their wolf at will. The moon has no power over them. They do not pass their ability to other humans with a bite or scratch like the Lycanthropy myth.
The Breedline gene is passed down to offspring that are born identical twins. Although they live among humans, their species must be kept secret.
In wolf form, they have super-strength, speed, and heightened senses. Compared to humans, Breedlines have tremendous advantages when it comes to health. Their bodies heal fast and are not subject to illnesses or diseases. The only thing that slows their healing process is silver. It is their kryptonite. Besides old age, a silver bullet to the brain is the only thing deadly to the species.
All males change into their wolf at the age of eighteen. Females do not go through the change until they make love to their Breedline bonded mate.

BREEDLINE TWINS - Identical twins that are born from either one or both parents of the Breedline species. They have a strong, unbreakable bond from birth, are born with telepathic abilities, and have the power to sense the other's emotions or injuries. In some cases, the bond between twins is so strong that if one dies, the other twin may pass on, especially if they don't have a mate.

BREEDLINE BONDING - The male Breedline spends their life in search of their bonded mate. When the male comes in contact with her, he instantly feels a simultaneous, desirable attraction and she becomes the most important thing in his life. He is there to love, protect, and cherish her until death. Once they are mated, they bond for life. It is possible for them to have more than one mate in their lifespan.

BELOVED - A word used by a Breedline to express the bond to their mate.

DOUBLE BONDED - In some cases, male Breedline twins bond with the same female but one will carry a stronger bond. Usually one of them must sacrifice for the other twin.

BREEDLINE COVENANT - The Breedline species must live within the boundaries of a Covenant, which is only formed with their species. The Covenant is governed and ruled by a head council. The council keeps their laws in order and oversees the species population.

THE BREEDLINE QUEEN - Over centuries, the Breedline Covenant is ruled by a true queen. If there is no queen living, the Covenants are governed by an appointed head council until another one is born. A Breedline queen is born once every one hundred years. Her massive stature, black fur, and red eyes are the queen's trademarks. Her alpha wolf has twice the strength, speed, and size of any Breedline. The queen is expected to rule over all the Breedline Covenants where she will be respected and obeyed by all Breedline. This is their absolute True Law.

THE QUEEN'S RING - This ring has been passed down to all Breedline queens for generations. When the new queen places the ring on, it instantly shifts in size to fit her finger.

TRUE LAW - All Breedline Covenants have an ancient book of laws. If either sex disobeys the Breedline laws, they can be shunned, or no longer protected by their Covenant. If a Breedline takes another life out of revenge, or evil - other than protecting their life, and the life of another - they will never have the ability to shift back into human form and cast out as a rogue wolf.

ROGUE WOLF - A Breedline shunned by their Covenant for taking another life out of revenge or evil and forced to live as a wolf until death without the ability to change into human form again. Some rogue wolves form into packs, which can be dangerous for other Breedline species.

RED (BLOOD) MOON - When the full moon passes through the amber shadow of the earth, producing a midnight eclipse visible across North America. So begins a lunar eclipse tetrad, a series of four consecutive total eclipses occurring at approximately six-month intervals. This incredible light beams into the heart of earth's shadow, filling it with a coppery glow and transforming the moon into a great red orb. During this time, all Breedline species that are mated have a strong desire to create an offspring. This is also a time when Breedline females are more fertile for the conception of twins.

CHIANG-SHIH DEMON (Kiang shi, a.k.a. Ramael Arminius) - An ancient demon that inhabits the body of a Breedline fetus before it's born or during a Breedline's death. It continues to take the soul over the natural lifespan of the child, or the deceased Breedline. When the demon possesses a fetus, it breaks the bonding and telepathic abilities of their twin when they are born. If the demon possesses a deceased Breedline's body, it must do so before the soul passes on. If the soul is not intact, the body will soon die.
In most cases, the Chiang-Shih demon will take the life of the other twin, even before their birth. The twin that is born with the demon will bring only evil to whomever they encounter. Their sole purpose is to gain full control of another soul and seek world domination.
There are two ways the demon is cast from the soul it possesses: by its first-born son, and the Angel of Mercy, Zadkiel. The Beast is the only one who can kill a Chiang-Shih demon.

THE BEAST - He is the second born son of the Chiang-Shih demon. When provoked into a rage, he will shift into his Beast instead of his Breedline wolf. The Beast is an enormous, dangerous two-footed creature that has wolf like features. One bite has enough venom to kill the Chiang-Shih demon and leave the soul of the person the demon possessed unharmed.

SHADOW WALKER (a.k.a. Shadow Figure, or Black Mass) - The perception of a patch of shadow as a living, humanoid figure, particularly interpreted by the Breedline as the presence of a malevolent entity. When a Breedline species dies and does not pass on to the other side, they are left to roam the earth as a shadow of themselves - a ghost. They will not pass on until they have settled unfinished business before their death.

ZADKIEL (Tzadqiel, a.k.a. 'Righteousness of God') - The archangel of freedom, benevolence, and mercy, and the patron angel of all who forgives. Breedline species tradition considers him to be the Angel of Mercy.

SUCCUBUS (a.k.a. CREEPERS) - Creatures that search for and feeds off the blood of the Breedline species. Creepers are skilled at extreme sexual pleasure, and the ecstasy they create is exceedingly intense and highly addictive. They cast off a scent that hypnotizes Breedlines into overwhelming sexual urges. They use their human-like bodies and beautiful features to control and influence their thoughts.
They have the ability to reach into the Breedline's mind during sleep, casting a spell of dreams about sexual contact or intercourse. One much less obvious manifestation of Creepers is nightmares - realistic, graphic, terrifying nightmares that rob the Breedline of sleep. Over a period, it can lead to severe fatigue and depression, leaving them emotionally and spiritually drained. Death can occur if they ultimately take over the Breedline's body.

HALF-BREED - This species is born with the genes from both Breedline and succubus. They can bond with either a full-blood Breedline or another half-breed. They cannot change into the Breedline wolf, but they do need blood from them to survive. With the power to hypnotize, most Breedlines have minimal respect and credence toward the half-breed species.

WICCA (or Wise One) - According to the Breedline species, a Wicca is the goddess of magic, witchcraft, the night, moon, ghosts, and necromancy. A Wicca is also considered to be a demonic spirit. It is unclear to the Breedline if they act under the orders of the devil, or they are simply not understood and treated as outcasts. They can do white magic (good) or dark (evil).

KATAKO (a.k.a. Lucas or Dark Shadow) - He is the Chiang-Shih demon's offspring that is born both Breedline and Wiccan. After one year, the Katako develops into an adult with the mind of a child, without reaching full maturity. It has the power to appear translucent, or become completely invisible. Being born half-Breedline, it can shift into a wolf and transform, or mimic another creature with the power to instantly travel from one place to another. Their true purpose of creation is to bring forth the souls stuck in purgatory by using one drop of its blood. Tessa Fairchild - the Breedline queen - destroyed the Katako in battle using the deadly venom of her Breedline wolf.

GOLEMS (a.k.a. the Death Army) - Evil creatures created by dark Wiccans with the power of necromancy. By releasing the souls of demons stuck in purgatory, the Wicca can give them the ability to shape into a creature that is made from earth. These creatures have various qualities, such as mass strength, enormous stature, and the power to consume their victims by saturating them with mud.

GUARDIANS (a.k.a. Spirits of the Forest) - They originated during the Middle Ages with the purpose of protecting all creatures, especially the Breedline, from the destruction of any creation made by a dark Wicca. They can stay invisible with the power to move through any barrier and over any distance instantly.

THERIOMORPH - This species is born with the genes of a Breedline, but cannot change into a Breedline wolf. They shape shift into an enormous black panther. They possess powers of mind manipulation and random visions of the future. They must use the drug dopamine to suppress their urges. Their eye color shifts into a bright lavender when their Theriomorph nature takes over. The Breedline see them as a threat to their species.

ADALWOLF - A species that has the power to shift from their human form into a beautiful creature, twice the size, resembling half man and half wolf. Born with super-strength, they can move from one place to another in supernatural speed. Their eyes take on the appearance of two shimmering diamonds. With the power to regenerate their own cells, an Adalwolf will stop aging at thirty. The moon has no power over them. An Adalwolf is immune to silver. They can bond with any species.

LUPA - The ancestors descended from the old legend of the lycanthrope, except the moon has no power over them and it cannot be passed on to others like a virus. It is passed on through genetics to the female offspring, known as a she-wolf. This type of creature shape-shifts into a therianthropic hybrid wolf-like creature, and is considered dangerous... cursed.

Jace Chamberlain (a.k.a. the Beast) - He is a Breedline species and later discovers his birth father - who is possessed by the Chiang-Shih demon - murdered his mother when he and his twin brother were four years old. Raised by their new foster family and their Uncle Jacks, he later discovers he was born with a curse of the Beast. With the help of his twin brother, Jem, and his bonded mate, Tessa, they help him cope with his rage to keep the Beast at bay. He's an IT engineer and is the lead singer and plays acoustic guitar in the band Chaos.

Jem Chamberlain (a.k.a. the Chosen Son) - He is a Breedline species and Jace's twin brother. He carries the gene of the Chiang-Shih demon that gives him the power to create a portal and a force of electric energy used as a weapon and other powers he discovers later. His bonded mate is Mia Blackwood. He's an IT engineer and the drummer in the band Chaos.

Tessa Fairchild - She was born into the human world and later discovers she's a Breedline. Abandoned by her parents, she was raised by her aunt and uncle without the knowledge of being born a twin. After she meets Jace, they become bonded mates. During her first change into her Breedline wolf, she became the new Breedline queen. She is an inspiring artist.

Alexander Crest - He is a Breedline who was possessed by the Chiang-Shih demon before birth. Murdering his family, Alexander kidnapped his twin's bonded mate, Katlyn Gray. Keeping her prisoner against her will, she becomes pregnant with his twins. As she managed to escape before she gave birth, Alexander eventually kills her in a fit of rage. Returning for his chosen son twenty-two years later, he is determined to convince him to join his army. After the battle between the Breedline, the demon is finally cast out of Alexander, setting his soul free. For the demon's past crimes, Alexander is pardoned and must reside in the Breedline Covenant. Praying for forgiveness, he reunites with his twin sons, Jace and Jem. As he fights to keep his new family safe, romance blossoms with Dr. Helen Carrington.

Dr. Helen Carrington - She is a Breedline species and a physician at the California Bates Hospital for both Breedlines and humans. Later, she discovers Jace and Jem carry a gene, possibly used for a cure to stop the aging process in her species. After Alexander's demon is banished, he is pardoned for all past crimes and welcomed into the Breedline Covenant. When he meets Helen, they become bonded mates.

Tim Ross - He is a Breedline species and head council of the California Covenant. Angel, his bonded mate - who is a half-breed - has Tim's daughter they named Natalie, after her sister.

Kyle Jones - He is a Breedline species that resides in the California Covenant. Having lost his family to a house fire at childhood, his Uncle Tim Ross has raised him since. Celina Baldolf is his bonded mate. He's a mechanic and also Jace and Jem's close friend, and plays bass in the rock band Chaos.

Casey Barton - He was born of the Breedline species, and lives in the California Covenant. He was adopted by Tim Ross's brother and carries a deep dark secret, afraid to reveal to the Breedline he was born a Theriomorph. He is a clothing model and plays backup bass and keyboards in the band Chaos.

Drakon Hexus - He is a Breedline species. At a young age, his first bonded mate was killed by her father. In a rage, he hunts and kills her murderer, breaking the Breedline's True Law. Shunned by his Covenant and forced to live as a rogue wolf, he's promised his humanity back if he joins the Chiang-Shih demon's army. After Drakon discovers the demon's plans to destroy all humans and half-breeds, he betrays him and joins forces with the Breedline. As time passes, he bonds with another mate, Cassie Chamberlain.

Nathan Gage (a.k.a. Nate) - He is a Breedline and the owner of several upscale night clubs in the largest metropolitan areas of Northern California.

Zeke Rizzo - He is a Breedline, born with a curse of a sin-eater, and the owner of the Cat Club. When coming in physical contact with another person, he has the power to see inside their past, experiencing their worst memory. A simple handshake seems like nothing to an ordinary person, but to Zeke, it is unbearable. Without the ability to stop it, he is also the worst case of karma. If anyone angers him, an unfortunate accident can fall upon them.

Yelena Smirnov - A full-blooded succubus from Russia. She is in charge of security at the Cat Club. She is bonded to Apollyon, who was taken by the battle angels along with his fraternal twin sisters, Callisto, and Electra.

Roman Kincaid - He is an Adalwolf trained in military tactics, hired as a special breed of warriors from Brazil. Hired as a bodyguard for Valkin Steele - a billionaire funding a group of unethical scientists research - he later learns of Steele's underground sex-trafficking and illegal drug and weapons trade, and informs the Breedline Covenant. He also forms a team of Breedline soldiers who work for a private Special Ops group contracted by the military for missions that no one else can or will do to help put an end to Valkin Steele's corrupt organization.

Lawrence Colbert - A Breedline council member of the New Jersey Covenant, trained in military tactics and as a medic who worked alongside Roman Kincaid, the Special Ops Team, and the Breedline Covenant to help take down Valkin Steele.

Lena - She is a Breedline, highly trained in survival skills, martial arts, and anything dealing with weapons, hand-to-hand combat, and hired by Roman Kincaid to help take down Valkin Steele. She oddly resembles the character Xena the Warrior Princess from the 80's television series. She is also Bull's little sister and is bonded to Justice.

Bull (a.k.a. Benjamin Allen Calvero ) - He is a Breedline, highly trained and an expert in a variety of military tactics who is part of Roman Kincaid's team. He gets his nickname because of his size.

Justice - He is a Breedline, highly trained in military tactics, an expert with explosives, hand-to-hand combat, sniper training, and a pilot, who is part of Roman Kincaid's team.

Colonel Brian Deshazo (a.k.a. Colonel D) - He is a Breedline - oddly resembling the WWE professional wrestler, John Cena - who works for the United States military as the leader of highly trained group of elite forces know as first Special Forces Operational Detachment-Delta. He and his men perform various clandestine and highly classified missions around the world. Their primary mission is counterterrorism.

Major Paul Wyckoff (a.k.a. Dark Wraith) - He is a Theriomorph - oddly resembling Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's character in the 'Scorpion King.' He's one of Colonel D's men, specifically directed to kill or capture high-value units or dismantle terrorist cells.

Major Joshua Lawson (a.k.a. Kid) - He is a Breedline who was born and raised in Texas. Kid had that worn cowboy look with a southern drawl. He's part of Colonel D's team, and an operator of AC-130 gunships and specialized planes and helicopters.

Master Sergeant Stephen Virgin (a.k.a. Gunny) - He's a Breedline, nicknamed after Clint Eastwood's character in 'Heartbreak Ridge.' Well known for a hard-nosed, hard-living soldier of war, Gunny is a highly trained sharpshooter in Colonel D's elite team.

Steven Pasquale (a.k.a. Steven Craven) - He inherited the genes of a Breedline and an Adalwolf. He was taken from his mother and forced to endure a life of endless, painful experiments by two German physicians, Dr. Hans Autenburg and Dr. Hubert Crane. Without the knowledge of his real family, Steven finally manages to escape his captors, locating his biological parents and his fraternal twin, Tessa Fairchild.

The Fury - Three fraternal twins created by an evil German scientist named Dr. Hans Autenburg. Using his own DNA, he mixed it with three other species: A Breedline, an Adalwolf, and a powerful Wiccan. He placed three embryos inside the womb of a full-blooded succubus, named Sonya Hothburn. Taken against her will, Sonya was forced by the mad physician into surrogacy. After their birth, she was forbidden to see her children.
All three were created to destroy the Breedline species and dominate the human world. The first born was called Apollyon, meaning 'destroyer' in Greek. It was also the name of the angel-prince of the infernal regions, the minister of death and author of havoc on earth. He has the strength of ten men, and the power to dematerialize, taking others with him, from one place to another. He can transform into a creature that resembles an Adalwolf, and a vampire-like hybrid. The second born was called Callisto, meaning 'most beautiful.' She has the power of a shield, protecting herself and others from harm. The last child was named Electra, meaning 'the shining one.' She has the power to conduct electricity from her body, using it as a weapon. Inheriting their species instinct and extraordinary power, their thirst to kill became uncontrollable. As they grew up, the Fury became more and more unstable and unruly. With an insatiable hunger for human flesh and unmanageable powers, they became a hindrance to the physician. He had no other choice but to drug and imprison them for all time, each one placed inside a sarcophagus in a state of deep slumber to be forgotten forever until they were set free by their mother.

Detective Manuel Sanchez - Raised by a single mother, Manuel never knew his real father. At age thirteen, his older sister Lailah, was murdered, but her killer was never apprehended. Consumed by Lailah's murder, Manuel chooses a career in police enforcement in hopes of someday finally bringing justice to his sister. Now in his fifties - living his life as a bachelor and a homicide detective - he discovers he's not entirely human, and has inherited his father's Breedline genetics.

Detective Frank Perkins - He is Manuel Sanchez's partner, and discovers the secret world of the Breedline. Born as a human, Frank pledges his loyalty to the Breedline. Fighting alongside his partner, they take an oath to help the Breedline protect the world from corruption and unknown creatures that prey on the innocent.


Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. scongrove All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
scongrove has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.