Fantasy Fiction posted February 8, 2019 Chapters:  ...5 6 -7- 8... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Immediately following the memorial service...

A chapter in the book Renaissance of Enchantment

Chapter Three, Part 1

by Y. M. Roger




Background
Rosemary's memorial service was today. Geoffrey and his spouses are visiting their friends at 'the boarding house' to pay their respects.
The Staltsons had to park down the road from the cul-de-sac on which the boarding house and grounds were located; the place was that crowded. The old mansion looked wonderful, and there were, quite surprisingly, a lot more people than Geoffrey had expected to be there.
 
The small service and burial at Murchison’s Funeral Home and Memory Gardens had been private, and he had not known how many to expect at their gathering here.
 
“Probably a whole bunch of nosey dickheads that could care less about Rosemary or The Refuge.” Gary was kindof a bit like Peadar in the fact that you never had to wonder what was on his mind, although most times his Gary had a much better social filter.
 
Geoffrey smiled both inside and out as the three of them walked toward the boarding house that was named The Refuge. His Charlise’s forearm landed across his shoulders, her physical reassurances always welcome.
 
“Yes, but you will be civil and amicable to all those dickheads for our Geoffrey’s sake.” The command in her  hushed statement not easily missed.
 
Gary’s hand rested on Geoffrey’s lower back from his other side.
 
“Of course, Charlie,” his Gary replied in his usual jovial manner as he leaned to the side and placed a soft kiss on Geoffrey’s temple. Then his voice took on a more strident tone. “S’long as the dickheads can all do the same.”
 
Charlise huffed her feigned amusement.
 
“Well, I guess it’s just as well since I’m sure neither Peadar nor Lyca are thrilled with this crowd,” she added.
 
Geoffrey had to agree with that one.
 
“What about Kato? Probably put on a set of headphones somewhere and has tuned the whole thing out.” Gary’s words held more truth than he could know.
 
“And I’m sure Demetrius is completely M-I-A,” Geoffrey added.
 
Gary chuckled as his hand drifted southward to take firm hold of Geoffrey’s buttocks, and Geoffrey felt Charlie’s hand move to a gentle chokehold around his neck as she leaned over, caressing his pulse point, and purred into his ear, “Just remember to whom you belong, sweet Geoffrey.” He could almost feel the smile in her suggestive voice. “He might turn your head, our sexy man, but it is the both of us who share your bed.”
 
Geoffrey’s entire countenance was engulfed in a blushing smile that heated his flushed face and neck, and he swallowed slowly as he concentrated on getting his arousal under control. Their handling of him in such a possessive manner never failed to turn his crank.
 
“Oh, God!” Geoffrey whispered in a harsh and embarrassed manner, “Behave yourselves!” He tried to step away from them and toward the house. “They’re my clients. That’s all!”
 
His spouses both chuckled at his exasperation – they knew he had always ogled the perfect yet emotionally-detached Demetrius from afar. But Geoffrey was the most devoted and loving husband they could have ever asked for – their thirty year anniversary a few weeks ago was testament to that.
 
Gary grabbed his ass hard and whispered as the larger man walked past Geoffrey into the house, “That blush is mine later, sexy.”
 
Gary didn’t look back as he took the stairs to the front porch ahead of Geoffrey two at a time.
 
“Always,” Geoffrey called after him as he turned to Charlie walking beside him, “Guess you’d better find Lyca and see if she needs a hand.”
 
Charlie laughed quite heartily as she leaned over, grasped the back of his neck in that possessive hold of hers, and gave him a firm kiss. “I’ll be in the kitchen area so, be sure to pass by occasionally.”
 
“Promise,” Geoffrey murmured, lost in her scent and touch, and added, “Love you, Charlie.”
 
The athletic-looking and well-built Charlie slowly pulled away, adding a gentle kiss to his forehead. “Love you, too, my Geoffrey.”
 
And she, too, disappeared into the house.
 
Only as he was left alone did Geoffrey notice the people staring at him. He guessed it might have bothered him twenty or more years ago.
 
But not now.
 
He was an accomplished attorney, after all; a damned fine one whose clients ranged from rock stars to well-known politicians to huge names in the I-T world. To the late Miss Rosemary Fenna, Sister of the World Wide Hecate Order and Guardian Protectress of The Refuge, as her legal documentation identified her.
 
Whatever.
 
To him and most everyone else, she had been the humble and welcoming Miss Rosemary, boarding house manager and inn keeper.
 
Geoffrey let his smile take over his entire face at all of the judgmental eyes fixed on him. He pulled the vibrating phone from his pocket and winked at a nearby woman about his age; she had been looking particularly offended by his family’s tactile acknowledgements.
 
“It’s the twenty-first century, Amelia.” Geoffrey shook his head, letting his grin become quite salacious just to watch her squirm. “Public displays of affection between spouses are actually legal.” He paused, but then figured what the hell, right? “I’d think after three husbands you’d have figured that out.”
 
Before Amelia could get finished her display of complete indignation, Geoffrey winked, pressed the receive button, and turned away from her.
 
“Talk to me, Stephen.” The dead ends his private investigator had encountered so far had not been reassuring. “And I hope you have something concrete this time.”
 
to be continued…

 



Recognized


The photo is NOT of The Refuge - The Refuge is an entirely fictitious boarding house and inn created entirely for this novel and has no likeness in our reality.

Rosemary - (deceased) Rosemary Fenna, Sister of the World Wide Hecate Order and Guardian Protectress of The Refuge
Geoffrey Staltson - Rosemary's lawyer and friend to the residents at The Refuge
Demetrius - tall, mysterious male resident of The Refuge, does not seem to socialize with the others
Peadar - Irish male resident of The Refuge, helped Rosemary with upkeep
Lycaois - (aka Lyca) Goth, warrior-looking female resident of The Refuge
Koko - Native American male resident of The Refuge, has unending optimism and warmth about him
Kato - large male resident who wears the clothes of a teenager
Charlise Staltson - Geoffrey's wife (they have a three-way marriage - Geoffrey, Gary, and Charlie)
Gary Staltson - Geoffrey's husband
Freki - Lyca's over-sized pet 'dog'
Stephen - private investigator employed by Geoffrey
Jinx - computer hack/whiz working with Stephen, handles all the tech-forensics for investigations


Image of 'Delightful Southern House Plans' at The Image Fixer [theimagefixer.com]
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Y. M. Roger All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Y. M. Roger has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.