General Fiction posted January 31, 2019 Chapters:  ...18 19 -20- 21 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
We meet a new friend of Scruffles

A chapter in the book Be Wee With Bea

A Good Laugh

by Liz O'Neill




Background
You've met Scruffles, Sweet Puppy, Timothy and Bea's other friends as I did. We watch and learn another lesson in this chapter.


A new friend who came to visit more and more was a cat that Bea remembered was named Harriet. Bea didn't say anything to Scruffles, but made a plan in her mind, as she was so often to do regarding Scruffles. Scanning and planning. Her plans, as you may remember, don't always work out the way Bea wants them to, but the way the maker thinks best. Bea was enjoying her special friendship with Timothy and knew how much happier she was now. It's not that she was unhappy before, but it felt good to be thought of by Timothy as special.

She knew that Scruffles certainly was not unhappy, but could always be happier, as any of us could. She encouraged Scruffles to get out more, hoping to herself that he would run into Harriet. She did some of her on guard exercises when she saw them playfully chasing and dancing each other around.

She made sure that no other creature disturbed them. Bea sometimes would dance a little too. She had become a very practiced dancer. She was very happy when Harriet would come over to visit Scruffles, fixing them some " be good to themselves" treat -- fish -- which she caught in her favorite fishing spot.

She got such enjoyment watching them sunning themselves together. She could tell Scruffles looked forward to seeing Harriet. After a few days had passed and no Harriet, Bea began to worry. As we know, she worried about those she cared about. A week later, part of the mystery was solved. Harriet must have gotten very injured by a car or other animal.

She must not have been able to get to see Scruffles. Harriet was probably nursing her wounded leg. The terrible redness of her flesh was only beginning to heal. Bea wondered also if another bully cat had hurt her the way Orion and Sam had hurt Scruffles, but this looked different. She was so glad that Harriet felt a desire to visit Scruffles in spite of her needing to heal further.

Bea had learned a little from her investigation exercises which you may remember ended up with her nose in a very sticky situation. But, as you might imagine, not enough -- and she was about to get quite a surprise and have quite a laugh. A bear belly laugh. She had been doing all of the minding someone else's business exercises. But this time, it was only in her head; so she felt this was quite an improvement. But she still was scanning and planning. She could stand it no longer. She had to ask Scruffles how things were going between him and Harriet.

When she said "Harriet," he looked very puzzled. Bea told how she had been enjoying watching him and Harriet play together. Having been around Timothy and his laughter, Bea did not feel hurt, but puzzled when Scruffles laughed. She had to laugh at herself too. She was beginning to have a sense of humor for the first time in her whole wee bear life.

That was going to become another "Be Wee With Bea" exercise in her program, which had developed into quite a lengthy list. Not taking herself so seriously had given her more opportunity to do her notice exercise. To notice the beauty around her and never to forget to thank the maker of everything.

In answer to her question, he said, "My friend's name is Ozzie, not Harriet". And we will leave it at that, only to take a moment to imagine the lessons Bea could have learned from this incident.









I want to thank cleo85 for their precious photograph. You've met Scruffles, Sweet Puppy, Timothy and Bea's other friends as I did. Watch learn another lesson in this chapter

We are winding up the book. It is available on Amazon and other venues.

Welcome to my fb page and like it... be wee with bea

or go to my website www.beweewithbea.com
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by cleo85 at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Liz O'Neill All rights reserved.
Liz O'Neill has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.