General Fiction posted January 19, 2019


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
I need my plant to live; it makes me happy.

My Dying Plant

by Brigitte Elko


I need to live, thinks this dying plant. It makes me happy to remember spring during this winter freeze.

It withers, droops, and seems to scream at me each time I pass by. The dying plant is in need and so am I. A botanist's advice is called for if this plant is to survive.
I don't have a clue what to do to make it come alive...More water? Less water? Fertilizer? More sun?

Gazing with a puzzled look toward this shriveled up plant, it seems to mock me and drops a leaf.
Finally, I figured it out. Everything I did for this plant was right and the problem was my husband.

All of the oxygen was taken out of the air for he NEVER shut up. The poor plant didn't have a chance!

It needs to live so I can wake up to its once beautiful splendor.

( So, hubby is banned from the bedroom for a while. )



Dying Houseplant writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
A houseplant is dying. Tell it why it needs to live.


Of course, this rendering is meant to be funny and is fiction. Hope you get a laugh out of it.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by Renate-Bertodi at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Brigitte Elko All rights reserved.
Brigitte Elko has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.