Biographical Non-Fiction posted January 18, 2019


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Confession and an Invitation...

Won't You Join Me?

by Y. M. Roger


Well, it’s been a few years since my last book. Funny thing there, I find that I write a book for the same reason I started writing in the first place: as therapy or, better yet, as an escape. Most of the time, short writes and poems keep me ‘fixed’ enough that I get through till the next string of sunshiney days; however, once every few years, I find myself in need of more than just a dip into another reality, another world. My physical exercise is good for the muscles, but it’s a downer for my brain – lol! With the excessive – and I do mean excessive – amount of rain and clouds this winter and, perhaps, some extenuating personal circumstances, I’ve begun another novel.
 
I have never done a ‘book’ the way it is done on FanStory, so, this will be a first in that department. And, you must know that there are a few catches when a teacher mom writes a book.
 
First, there isn’t a guaranteed flow of chapters every given number of days: sometimes the floodgates open and there’s a lot of progress and sometimes you’ll be patting your foot through a ‘dry spell’ because of workload or student or family issues or something else entirely!  Believe me, whatever the reason for the delay, in the forefront of my imagination, my characters are doing the same ‘foot-patting’!
 
Second, there may be the occasional ‘back editing’ (and I do mean quite infrequently) of a previously posted chapter due to any number of reasons. Most of those reasons stem from the fact that the ‘write’ is not a focused, all-out effort but one that is strung out over months. Once in a while, I realize I should have ‘said’ some detail earlier even though the overall plot isn’t altered in the least.
 
Third, the novels I write are purely and completely fictional, no exceptions. I write to develop my characters and allow the story to go in the direction my imagination sees it going, no limits. Remember, my characters and storyline are my ‘escape’; therefore, I do not try to hold to societal expectations or other definitions, written or unwritten. If I did, I wouldn’t be escaping from the expectations of the real world, yes? I guess I just wanted to get that out there in case, at any point during your reading me, you feel I might be trying to make some sort of stand or make a statement because, right up front, I’m telling you that I am most certainly not.
 
Now, for the second part of this write. Just as soon as I decide on a title (which I usually don’t do until a book is finished so, there’s another first!), I think I would like to get started ‘publishing’ (aka posting) this next book in ‘parts’ here. I’ve already finished the prologue and the first chapter or so, I just need to look into the details of making this happen – for those of you who have actually done this before, I would appreciate any hints, tips, and/or sage advice to make this a successful process.  
 
So, YOU are cordially invited to the unfolding saga of Miss Marguerite Atkinson and the revelations – ranging from small to life-altering – that await in her reality. And be sure to put on your ‘awareness’ cap because nothing is ever as simple or as easily explained as it appears to be there.
 
Please let me know if this font size/color is comfortable -- I'm never quite sure how what is okay for my eyes measures up against everyone elses. Too big? Too light? Not big enough? Just right? Well, you get the picture...

The prologue will appear this weekend some time – please join me! Thanks in advance for your support!



Recognized

#326
2019


image from Google images via Fantasy-Faction [fantasy-faction.com]
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Y. M. Roger All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Y. M. Roger has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.