General Non-Fiction posted January 13, 2019


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
A mare that loved humans so much

Beautiful Mare

by Aussie


She hung her head in defeat. She was old and sweating from too many rides at the hands of a man who flogged her. He didn't care, she was a money spinner.
Nuzzling my hand, trying to comfort her; then I bought her from the cruel man. Her life prospered.



Dribble Flash Fiction contest entry

Recognized


Contest entry: I bought the 14 yr old mare and rode her gently. She knew my needs and needed no kicking or a whip. Eventually, I gave her to Riding for the Disabled. A crippled child fell in love with her, took her home to green pastures to live out her life. We have a responsibility to care for all animals, stop cruelty. Fortunately, I met 'Lassie" and she taught me how to ride. I will always remember her sense of humor. Whenever we were having a meeting, after a ride, she would stick her head over the fence as much to say, "haven't you finished yet?" Whinny loudly until one of us got up and led her away from our meeting.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Aussie All rights reserved.
Aussie has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.