General Script posted December 30, 2018 Chapters:  ...54 55 -56- 57... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
a one-scene script

A chapter in the book Scenes

Scene at a Bus Stop

by Bill Schott



Ned and Pons meet up with Pez and Pallas at a bus stop.


Pons:  The bus is late today, Ned.  I hope we can get to Uncle Anzo's place on time.

Ned:  This bus goes to his house?

Pons:  No, Ned. It goes to the bus station in his town. Then we'll need to catch a taxicab to his place.

Pez:  Hey,  buddy.  Does this bus go to Lapp City?

Pallas:  It was supposed to have been here by now.

Pons:  It must be running late.

Ned:  It usually goes to my Uncle Anzo's place, but we hafta catch a toxic cab first.

Pez:  Huh?

Pallas:  Did you say a toxic cab?  What's that?

Pons:  He misunderstood me from before. We're catching a cab.

Ned:  Ya'd think someone woulda rounded 'em up ahead a time.

Pez:  Huh?

Pallas:  Is there some kind of hazardous spill or something in Lapp City?

Pons:  No.  Ned just didn't get what I told him earlier.

Ned:  Our uncle lives there.

Pez:  You say his name is Anzo?

Pallas:  We have an old friend of our dad's who lived in Lapp City; his name was Anzo.

Pons:  Well, that's a coincidence. I would think he's the same person. How many Anzos could there be in Lapp City?

Ned:  That would be a pozer fer sure, Pons.  If we got to Lapp City and only knowd 'is first name, we'd have to check out ev'ry feller named Anzo in the whole town.

Pez
Looking at Pons.   Is this guy an idiot?

Pallas
Looking at Pez.  Is that a real question?  Because I can pretty much tell you right now he is definitely an idiot.

Pons
Looking at both brothers with a stern face.  You two are pretty common. How about keeping your mouths shut.

Ned:  We playin' a game, Pons. I tried keepin' my mouth shut once, but the bug kep' ticklin' my tongue and I hadta spit 'im out.

Pez:  Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought an idiot, than to open it and remove all doubt.

Pallas:  That's Twain.

Pons:  You are about to get hurt.

Ned:  There a train comin', fellers?  I thunk this here was a bus stop.

Pez:  Okay, dude. I was out of line. Your friend here just caught me by surprise.

Pallas:  We  didn't know he was, y'know, whatever.

Pons:  He's not.

Ned:  I wonner if we was sposed ta ketch the toxic cab ta Lapp City and then git on the bus.

Pez
Chuckling and looking at Pallas.   Oh, yeah.  That's probably it.

Pallas: Yup, should have called a cab. 
Smiling and looking at Pons.

PonsLooking to Ned.   C'mon, Ned.  We WILL catch a cab and go straight to Uncle Anzo's.  Forget the bus.

Ned:  Okeedoke.  Fergettin' things is what I do bestest.  
The two walk off.

Pez: I'm glad we didn't have to beat that guy up.

Pallas:  Yeah.  Plus his goofy friend might have killed us.

Pez:  We probably should have told them that Anzo died a month ago.

Pallas:  Well, Anzo Morella died.  They might be looking for Anzo Jones or Smith.

Pez
Looking at his younger brother and smiling.    Maybe so -- Ned.





 



Story of the Month contest entry


Image from Google.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Bill Schott All rights reserved.
Bill Schott has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.