Commentary and Philosophy Poetry posted December 15, 2018


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
A Tanka poem

Tanka(little girl)

by Pamusart

little girl
shows so much promise
death takes her
in searing desert
with no water there



Recognized


It is so sad. A little seven year old girl died due to severe dehydration. All of the border stations where migrants used to be able to surrender and claim asylum are closed. So there is no choice for them except to enter illegally. The vast majority are deported but some people are in such danger that they win their cases. This little girl never had a chance. No matter how you feel about immigration, you have no compassion if you do not find this cruel. Good samaritans who own the land the migrants illegally cross put out jugs of water for them in the desert. The border agents find them and pour the water out.

After they captured her, they denied her medical treatment for ninety minutes. It makes me physically ill thinking about it.

This is a link to her story

https://www.npr.org/2018/12/14/676901075/migrant-girl-dies-from-shock-dehydration-while-in-border-patrol-custody

Thank you for reading my poem

Photo from the internet of the victim, Jakelin Caal Maquin. Rest her soul.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Pamusart All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Pamusart has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.