General Script posted December 14, 2018 Chapters:  ...49 50 -51- 52... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
a one-scene script

A chapter in the book Scenes

Scene on an Empty Street

by Bill Schott


Pez and his younger brother Pallas stand on the empty street of their home town. The village tavern is their backdrop.


Pez: I remember they had a carnival set up out here for the 225th anniversary of the town. Pounded huge tent stakes right through the tarvy.

Pallas: That must have been 2001; right?

Pez: Yeah. It was the summer before nine-eleven.

Pallas: I was twelve then. You must have just graduated.

Pez: I was dating Yvonne and didn't have any money for the rides.

Pallas: Was she the tall, skinny one that Ma didn't like?

Pez: No. Yvonne was the Catholic girl I dated before Cookie.

Pallas: Oh, yeah. She didn't think the Catholic girl was right for you until the other one came along.

Pez: Yeah! Then she seemed desperate to get me to look Yvonne up again.

Pallas: Ma gave you all those brochures on VD.

Pez: How'd you know about that?

Pallas: She gave them to me too.

Pez: Funny times.

Pallas: Ma kept accusing Dad of stealing her old coins. I remember because the carnival was here and the tavern had set up an outside barroom. They were serving kegs and set ups all day. Dad was here a lot. Guess Ma thought he was funding his drinking with her coin collection.

Pez: No kidding? I hadn't heard that.

Pallas: Yeah. I didn't even know she had any old coins.

Pez: That was the year they had that big fight and he moved up north to the cabin for a week.

Pallas: I thought they were getting a divorce.

Pez: I took Yvonne on all the rides. Won her a bear on the midway. Expensive bear.

Pallas: Ma even accused me of taking her coins. I didn't even know she had any. Must have been worth something.

Pez: She kept them in the closet of the back room. Old Franklin coins. Dozens of them. They were way down on the dark end. 


 



Recognized


Image from Google
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Bill Schott All rights reserved.
Bill Schott has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.