Mystery and Crime Fiction posted December 11, 2018


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
When a serpent doesn't strike.

The Serpent Recoils

by fm wright


He's dressed in black from head to toe; including his ski mask. Sidling up to the window, he draws and aims his pistol.
Sighting target's revolver, thoughts flash through his mind. He might be a lone mercenary, but there were some contracts he just wouldn't take. There were some lines he wouldn't cross-ever. Killing a cop was one of them.
He'd let himself be tricked into accepting this job. Though he didn't know who'd hired him, he was sure going to find out.
Releasing the pressure on the trigger, he makes tracks back to his car and speeds away.



100 Word Flash Fiction contest entry


This is an expansion on a scene taken out of my "Assassinate Me A Thriller" contest entry. It is my character's primary actions and thoughts from just before he prepares to pull the trigger through his leaving the scene. Thanks go out to Cleo85 for the use of her artwork.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by cleo85 at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. fm wright All rights reserved.
fm wright has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.