General Fiction posted November 19, 2018


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Till we meet again

Manja

by Jean Hornby


She felt drained . The mermaid washed up and alone . She, the beauty of the sea .No longer .
It had happened all so suddenly. Manja, her name as beautiful as she.
But a beautiful name has no meaning when you are lost at sea.


Manja now spluttered as she laid washed up on the beach. Her fins gleamed like marbled pink pearls.


Her flowing hair a metallic sheen. Each strand highlighted with many colours just like a rainbow.

Her green eyes glistened and her porcelain smooth skin were unique to any human eye.

She spluttered again and flapped her tail as her thoughts collected on what to do.

A crab side stepped close to her. She had many dealings with these beach creatures. They were friends not foes and had always kept a look out for the humans.

She and the crab spoke the same language in a telepathic way.
He told many happy stories and shared some close encounters. He told her about the weather and also a funny incident with a human.

She told him about her adventures of the sea, the storms,and the cave in which she lived.

She was now feeling stronger and no longer afraid. He told her he had once had a crush on her sister.


They both giggled.


Just then the sound of a dolphin filled the air.
It was time to go.
He told her to make sure she followed the dolphin's call so she did not get lost again.

Manja, beautiful Manja now excited to go back to her marine family - kissed the crab farewell.

"It is you I love,not your sister " cried the crab as she disappeared into the still water.

" Till we meet again," she cried as she gave a big splash and disappeared out of sight.

Crab side stepped under a rock to dream of Manja.





Recognized
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by cleo85 at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Jean Hornby All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Jean Hornby has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.