General Poetry posted November 14, 2018


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A 5-7-5 poem

The Zebra Escapes

by Pamusart

zebra foal escapes;
runs from lioness whose cubs
gave away the hunt



Recognized


From Google

Like horses, zebras walk, trot, canter and gallop. They are generally slower than horses, but their great stamina helps them outpace predators. When chased, a zebra will zig-zag from side to side, making it more difficult for the predator. When cornered, the zebra will rear up and kick or bite its attacker.

Zebras can run at 35-40 mph. They have great stamina. Lions can run 30-36 mph, but have no stamina. They can reach 50mph in short bursts. It takes more than one lioness to kill an adult zebra. This is a foal, not full grown. But there is only one lioness and the zebra has a head start. The cubs gave away their position. The cubs canĂ¢??t help with the hunt. So, the zebra escapes. So with the zebras head start, the lioness can only gain 10 mph at top speed or a mile every six minutes. And she canĂ¢??t maintain top speed long enough to catch the zebra.

Thank you for reading my poem

Painting oil on canvas by me.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Pamusart All rights reserved.
Pamusart has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.