Supernatural Fiction posted November 12, 2018 Chapters:  ...27 28 -29- 30... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Sins of Chaos/A Novel of the Breedline series

A chapter in the book Sins of Chaos

Double Crossed/Part Two

by scongrove


The author has placed a warning on this post for violence.

Previously . . .

Now that Abbey finally put an end to the ruthless scientist who killed her father, and kept her prisoner for years, torturing her with endless lab experiments, she had to warn her beloved Steven that he was in danger.

Before Dr. Autenburg had met his end, he was hired by Valkin Steele—a billionaire client that funded his research—to locate an Adalwolf with the power to heal his dying mistress, Natasha. And Steven was the target.

During her escape, Abbey was caught off guard and tranquilized by Valkin Steele’s body guard, Roman Kincaid. Just as she thought all hope was lost, her luck finally turned around. Roman, who was also an Adalwolf, promised Abbey he would keep her safe, and help her reunite with Steven. Left with no other choice, Abbey could only pray Roman was a man of his word.
 

Now that Abbey is in good hands—protected by Roman and a team of Special Ops—the next step is reuniting her with her beloved, Steven.

As Steven and Abbey finally reunite, she is introduced to the others in the Covenant as they meet Roman and his team of Special Ops—Lena, Justice, and Bull—to prepare for more allies to show. 

Later the night, Roman and his team member, Lawrence Colbert, were ambushed by Gordan Bates and his brother Joey—trackers hired by Valkin Steele—to gain information to the whereabouts of the Breedline Covenant in order to capture Steven for his abilities to heal a fatal wound. During their altercation, Roman and Lawrence were left with no other choice but to shift into their supernatural state and take them out. But before they shifted, Gordan Bates spilled the news about Valkin hiring Cole Decker—a hired tracker that dealt in under-aged sex trafficking in Europe—to help locate Steven.  
      

After they contacted the Breedline Covenant, Tim Ross—the Covenant’s head council—prepared for Roman and Lawrence to arrive so they could gather everyone for a meeting and plan their next move. Just as they arrived, Tessa—the Breedline queen—had asked her husband Jace to take their twin boys upstairs to bed. Unbeknown to what was transpiring in the room down the hall, Jace had no idea what was about to happen. Abbey had just awoke from a horrific nightmare from her past, triggering the she-wolf within her. When the battle between Jace’s Beast and Abbey’s she-wolf almost led to her death, she decided to secretly sneak out of the Covenant in fear of shifting again and harming Steven, or an innocent bystander. Before Abbey left, she wrote a good-bye letter to Steven. But to Abbey’s surprise, she was kidnapped by Valkin Steele’s hired trackers to use her as a pawn to get to Steven.  
        

When the Breedline arrive with Steven—who is wired with a tracking device—in exchange for Abbey, Valkin Steele’s hired trackers turn on them with gunfire, wounding Gunny in the crossfire. While they make a deal with the trackers to return Abbey when Steven heals Valkin Steele’s beloved Abbey—who is dying of cancer—they take Steven into custody. 

Now that Steven has healed Valkin Steele’s beloved Natasha, of her cancer, in exchange for Abbey, Valkin betrays him and sells her to Cole Decker—a tracker that deals in sex trafficking—while the highest bidder flies in from Germany to purchase Steven for his special gifts.


Continued . . .
       

Abbey’s pulse, already elevated, spiked when Cole Decker referred to her as his pet. What exactly did that mean? And then fear boiled in her stomach as acid traced its way up her throat. There was an unmistakable bulge in Cole’s expensive slacks that clearly outlined his erection.

“What do you want with me?” she demanded with far more bravery than she felt.  
  
His eyes went cold, studying her for a brief moment, purposely drawing out her terror.

“I’m the man that owns you,” he said in a silky purr. “You belong to me.”

A prickled unease chased up her spine. Cole Decker was a monster, like the same monsters that haunted her from the past. He fed off the fear of others. It was a heady aphrodisiac that fed Cole’s sadistic fantasies of young girls. Only he made them a reality. He had a lust for underage girls, even though he evidently went for legal-aged women as well. He was a twisted son of a bitch, and every one of Abbey’s instincts told her that Cole planned to live out every one of those sick fantasies with her. But she had other plans. If he thought she was just another helpless victim, boy did he have a surprise in store. She knew that her uncontrollable rage simmered just below the surface, and it wouldn’t take much for it to erupt into something dangerous. As soon as the drug that was given to her wore off, her she-wolf was going to tear his eyes out and then go for his balls. His death would be slow. He deserved to die a long, painful death for every sin he’d ever committed. Abbey intended to make Cole Decker pay for every girl he put his hands on.

“I think you must have me mistaken for someone else,” she said coldly. “I’m not anyone’s property.”

Cole threw back his head and laughed. “You seem awfully sure of yourself, Ms. Winthrop. I like a challenge.” Glee entered his eyes. “It will be entertaining to teach you discipline and obedience.”

“Go screw yourself,” she gritted out.

A satisfied expression gripped him as he grabbed her by the hair and yanked her face close to his. With his hand wound tightly in her hair, he crushed his lips against hers.

Abbey struggled wildly, but Cole was stronger, forcing her mouth open, kissing her brutally.  
   
Bile rose in her throat. She closed her eyes and felt sick to her very soul.

“You taste sweet,” he murmured, his breath stroking over her trembling lips. “I can’t wait to taste the rest of you.”

Tears burned her eyelids as they opened, but she refused to cry. She refused to allow him the satisfaction of seeing her tears of pain.   

Cole saw something savage in her deep blue glare for one brief moment before he reached out to her. Abbey jerked back as he slid his hand up to her shoulder, hating the revolting shudder that rolled through her body the moment he made contact. 

He dropped his hand and clenched it into a tight ball as he shook with rage.

Oh god, where was Steven? Abbey thought. Had he been drugged to make sure he wasn’t a threat?

Cole uncurled his fist and tore her shirt, rending it in two, exposing her breasts. His hand mauled her, groping over her body, pulling impatiently at her pants.

Abbey went wild, bucking, kicking, and fighting with every bit of strength she could muster. She’d die before being raped by this asshole.

“You’re a heartless bastard,” she said, choking back tears. “You make me sick.”

Cole backed off, his jaw twitching at Abbey’s outward show of strength. “Tell me, Abigail, did Valkin Steele promise to see your beloved Adalwolf safely back to the Covenant after he healed Natasha?” He kept his eyes locked on hers. “Think carefully. I also know Steele to be a liar,” he added, the sound of his voice coming as a hiss. “And yet he made you believe something he never intended to do in the first place. How easily you are persuaded.”

Abbey spat in Cole’s face and yelled, “Go to hell!”

The black orbs of his eyes went flat, and he was on her in an instant with a sharp slap to her face.

The blow stunned Abbey speechless. She instantly brought her hand up to her mouth, her eyes widening in quick alarm.

“Tell me you want me,” he raised his voice, blasting the demand into her face.

Anger lit off a firestorm inside her chest. She would never say that to him. Never.

“I. Despise. You.”

As Cole lifted his hand and made a fist, Abbey glared at him, steady, calm, ready to take the hit. They stayed silent for a long time, bound by the strings of violence that ran between them. 

Finally, he lowered his hand and said, “Your precious Adalwolf was sold to the highest bidder.” He raked his dark gaze over her shaking body. “I was paid to deliver you to Steele. You were just a bargaining tool that served my purpose. He got the Adalwolf, and I got what I wanted.”  

Abbey pulled at her shirt to cover herself. “No, it’s not true.” She shook her head in denial. “You’re lying.”

Cole lifted one eyebrow, ignoring the pain in her eyes and placed a pair of handcuffs around her wrists. To her surprise, his hand clamped on the back of her neck, and he kissed her, licking her with his tongue. It took everything she had to keep her gag reflex down until he lifted his head. And then he looked at her and smiled.

In the blink of an eye, the light had gone out of Abbey. She went silent, fixing her stony gaze away, refusing to look at Cole. What a stupid, naïve fool she’d been. If only she’d listened to Steven and stayed at the Breedline Covenant. Her poor decision echoed in her mind until she wanted to scream in frustration. But she refused to give up because she still had a fight left in her. Abbey closed her eyes, a sense of peace enveloping her. The innocent life growing inside her was worth everything that had come before and all that would come after. And hopefully, help was on the way. With or without the Covenant’s support, she would find her way back to Steven. She had managed to elude an organized group of scientists that far outnumbered Cole Decker and Valkin Steele. Abbey had no doubt she’d find a way to escape once again. 

Cole rose to his feet and moved to the door. “I’ll be leaving you here for a while,” he said in a stern voice. “As soon as I get back, you’ll be going with me on a long trip.”

Abbey turned to face him. “Where are you taking me?”

He shot her a look. “We’re flying to Europe,” he said, and added, “along with the rest of my shipment.” 

Her eyes rounded in fear. Oh, god . . .

Without uttering another word, he simply turned on his heel and stalked from the room. When the door closed and locked, Abbey sucked in her breath. Furious at how helpless she was, she prayed for the one thing she had always wanted to get rid of . . . her Lupa.    
 
****

Valkin Steele stood in silence, patiently waiting as Dr. Kruger and three of his men were escorted inside. Behind him, Marcus, Corbin, and Fredrick were just as silent, though Steele could feel the tension radiating from them all.

Dr. Kruger strode in the spacious foyer of Steele’s estate—he was tight-lipped—and impatience emanated from him in tangible waves. He looked pointedly at Steele and said, “Where’s my Adalwolf?”

“Mr. Craven is heavily sedated,” Steele told him. “For reasons, I’m sure you get. We’ve got him locked in the wine cellar. My men will escort you to him.”

The physician narrowed his eyes. “Very well,” he said in a cold tone. “As long as the Adalwolf hasn’t been harmed, the exchange will be made.”  

“I gave you my word,” Steele said coolly.

“You’ll get half of your money now,” Kruger said. “The other half after I see the Adalwolf for myself.”

Steele merely nodded and took the thick envelope from Kruger’s outstretched hand.

As Marcus, Corbin, and Fredrick led the physician and his men to the wine cellar, Steele cast a quick glance over his shoulder at the sound of Cole’s voice.

“Where’s the rest of my shipment?”

Steele turned to Cole. “Your girls just arrived. I’m sure you’ll be very pleased,” he said arrogantly. “They’re all young and innocent.”

Cole’s eyes gleamed, and he gave Steele a short nod of approval. “My private jet will be ready for pickup in the next hour or so. My men will take care of transporting the girls. Until then, I’m going to need more drugs for Ms. Winthrop.”

“Relax. I’ve got enough to get you through a few days.”

Cole went silent for a moment. “A few days?” He shrugged.

Steele raised an eyebrow. “I thought you knew.”

“What the hell are you talking about?”

Steele stared at Cole for a brief moment, obviously studying him with avid curiosity. “You weren’t planning on keeping Ms. Winthrop alive were you?”

Cole looked puzzled and vaguely annoyed. “Why the hell would I kill Abigail? In exchange for her, I’m of short ten girls,” he said, his agitation obvious. “Are you screwing me over, Steele?”  
  
“There’s been a misunderstanding.” Steele narrowed his eyes. “I only have enough of the drug to last a few days, three tops. You’ll have to get rid of her before she turns into,” he swallowed and then took a deep breath, “that thing.”  
     
Cole shuddered at the images Steele invoked. “Have you seen it? I mean . . . her she-wolf.”

Steele looked at him in surprise and then shook his head. “No. I’ve only heard stories.”

“Tell me,” Cole demanded. “What have you heard?”

“Ms. Winthrop’s Lupa . . . is a monstrosity,” he said bitterly. “Her kind should be wiped from the face of the earth. Have your fun, and be done with her before it’s too late. She’ll kill you the first chance she gets.”
                           
He was not surprised by Steele’s virulent words. Cole knew all too well how intensely he loathed anything other than the human species. And even then, Steele showed very little compassion and empathy for his own kind.  
 
“What the hell will kill her?” Cole queried. “Silver bullets?”

Steele nodded. “I was told silver to the heart was the only way to destroy a Lupa.” 

“Just give me what drugs you have,” Cole said impatiently. “I’ll take care of her when it’s time.”

Steele reached into his jacket to retrieve the drug that kept Abbey’s she-wolf at bay. “She’ll need an injection every twenty-four hours,” he said, checking his watch. “I wouldn’t wait too long. It’s time for another dosage.”

Before Cole took the liquid vial from him, a blood-chilling howl shattered the stillness in the estate, followed by the sounds of death screams and gunfire.
   
To be continued . . .         

 




NOTE: This is not part of the chapter. A reference for terms and cast of characters, especially for new readers:

BREEDLINE - A species of humans that have the ability to change from human form into a wolf. They are not like the old legend of the Lycanthropy myth. Breedline species can shift into their wolf at will. The moon has no power over them. They do not pass their ability to other humans with a bite or scratch like the Lycanthropy myth.
The Breedline gene is passed down to offspring that are born identical twins. Although they live among humans, their species must be kept secret.
In wolf form, they have super-strength, speed, and heightened senses. Compared to humans, Breedlines have tremendous advantages when it comes to health. Their bodies heal fast and are not subject to illnesses or diseases. The only thing that slows their healing process is silver. It is their kryptonite. Besides old age, a silver bullet to the brain is the only thing deadly to the species.
All males change into their wolf at the age of eighteen. Females do not go through the change until they make love to their Breedline bonded mate.

BREEDLINE TWINS - Identical twins that are born from either one or both parents of the Breedline species. They have a strong, unbreakable bond from birth, are born with telepathic abilities, and have the power to sense the other's emotions or injuries. In some cases, the bond between twins is so strong that if one dies, the other twin may pass on, especially if they don't have a mate.

BREEDLINE BONDING - The male Breedline spends their life in search of their bonded mate. When the male comes in contact with her, he instantly feels a simultaneous, desirable attraction and she becomes the most important thing in his life. He is there to love, protect, and cherish her until death. Once they are mated, they bond for life. It is possible for them to have more than one mate in their lifespan.

BELOVED - A word used by a Breedline to express the bond to their mate.

DOUBLE BONDED - In some cases, male Breedline twins bond with the same female but one will carry a stronger bond. Usually one of them must sacrifice for the other twin.

BREEDLINE COVENANT - The Breedline species must live within the boundaries of a Covenant, which is only formed with their species. The Covenant is governed and ruled by a head council. The council keeps their laws in order and oversees the species population.

THE BREEDLINE QUEEN - Over centuries, the Breedline Covenant is ruled by a true queen. If there is no queen living, the Covenants are governed by an appointed head council until another one is born. A Breedline queen is born once every one hundred years. Her massive stature, black fur, and red eyes are the queen's trademarks. Her alpha wolf has twice the strength, speed, and size of any Breedline. The queen is expected to rule over all the Breedline Covenants where she will be respected and obeyed by all Breedline. This is their absolute True Law.

THE QUEEN'S RING - This ring has been passed down to all Breedline queens for generations. When the new queen places the ring on, it instantly shifts in size to fit her finger.

TRUE LAW - All Breedline Covenants have an ancient book of laws. If either sex disobeys the Breedline laws, they can be shunned, or no longer protected by their Covenant. If a Breedline takes another life out of revenge, or evil - other than protecting their life, and the life of another - they will never have the ability to shift back into human form and cast out as a rogue wolf.

ROGUE WOLF - A Breedline shunned by their Covenant for taking another life out of revenge or evil and forced to live as a wolf until death without the ability to change into human form again. Some rogue wolves form into packs, which can be dangerous for other Breedline species.

RED (BLOOD) MOON - When the full moon passes through the amber shadow of the earth, producing a midnight eclipse visible across North America. So begins a lunar eclipse tetrad, a series of four consecutive total eclipses occurring at approximately six-month intervals. This incredible light beams into the heart of earth's shadow, filling it with a coppery glow and transforming the moon into a great red orb. During this time, all Breedline species that are mated have a strong desire to create an offspring. This is also a time when Breedline females are more fertile for the conception of twins.

CHIANG-SHIH DEMON (Kiang shi, a.k.a. Ramael Arminius) - An ancient demon that inhabits the body of a Breedline fetus before it's born or during a Breedline's death. It continues to take the soul over the natural lifespan of the child, or the deceased Breedline. When the demon possesses a fetus, it breaks the bonding and telepathic abilities of their twin when they are born. If the demon possesses a deceased Breedline's body, it must do so before the soul passes on. If the soul is not intact, the body will soon die.
In most cases, the Chiang-Shih demon will take the life of the other twin, even before their birth. The twin that is born with the demon will bring only evil to whomever they encounter. Their sole purpose is to gain full control of another soul and seek world domination.
There are two ways the demon is cast from the soul it possesses: by its first-born son, and the Angel of Mercy, Zadkiel. The Beast is the only one who can kill a Chiang-Shih demon.

THE BEAST - He is the second born son of the Chiang-Shih demon. When provoked into a rage, he will shift into his Beast instead of his Breedline wolf. The Beast is an enormous, dangerous two-footed creature that has wolf like features. One bite has enough venom to kill the Chiang-Shih demon and leave the soul of the person the demon possessed unharmed.

SHADOW WALKER (a.k.a. Shadow Figure, or Black Mass) - The perception of a patch of shadow as a living, humanoid figure, particularly interpreted by the Breedline as the presence of a malevolent entity. When a Breedline species dies and does not pass on to the other side, they are left to roam the earth as a shadow of themselves - a ghost. They will not pass on until they have settled unfinished business before their death.

ZADKIEL (Tzadqiel, a.k.a. 'Righteousness of God') - The archangel of freedom, benevolence, and mercy, and the patron angel of all who forgives. Breedline species tradition considers him to be the Angel of Mercy.

SUCCUBUS (a.k.a. CREEPERS) - Creatures that search for and feeds off the blood of the Breedline species. Creepers are skilled at extreme sexual pleasure, and the ecstasy they create is exceedingly intense and highly addictive. They cast off a scent that hypnotizes Breedlines into overwhelming sexual urges. They use their human-like bodies and beautiful features to control and influence their thoughts.
They have the ability to reach into the Breedline's mind during sleep, casting a spell of dreams about sexual contact or intercourse. One much less obvious manifestation of Creepers is nightmares - realistic, graphic, terrifying nightmares that rob the Breedline of sleep. Over a period, it can lead to severe fatigue and depression, leaving them emotionally and spiritually drained. Death can occur if they ultimately take over the Breedline's body.

HALF-BREED - This species is born with the genes from both Breedline and succubus. They can bond with either a full-blood Breedline or another half-breed. They cannot change into the Breedline wolf, but they do need blood from them to survive. With the power to hypnotize, most Breedlines have minimal respect and credence toward the half-breed species.

WICCA (or Wise One) - According to the Breedline species, a Wicca is the goddess of magic, witchcraft, the night, moon, ghosts, and necromancy. A Wicca is also considered to be a demonic spirit. It is unclear to the Breedline if they act under the orders of the devil, or they are simply not understood and treated as outcasts. They can do white magic (good) or dark (evil).

KATAKO (a.k.a. Lucas or Dark Shadow) - He is the Chiang-Shih demon's offspring that is born both Breedline and Wiccan. After one year, the Katako develops into an adult with the mind of a child, without reaching full maturity. It has the power to appear translucent, or become completely invisible. Being born half-Breedline, it can shift into a wolf and transform, or mimic another creature with the power to instantly travel from one place to another. Their true purpose of creation is to bring forth the souls stuck in purgatory by using one drop of its blood. Tessa Fairchild - the Breedline queen - destroyed the Katako in battle using the deadly venom of her Breedline wolf.

GOLEMS (a.k.a. the Death Army) - Evil creatures created by dark Wiccans with the power of necromancy. By releasing the souls of demons stuck in purgatory, the Wicca can give them the ability to shape into a creature that is made from earth. These creatures have various qualities, such as mass strength, enormous stature, and the power to consume their victims by saturating them with mud.

GUARDIANS (a.k.a. Spirits of the Forest) - They originated during the Middle Ages with the purpose of protecting all creatures, especially the Breedline, from the destruction of any creation made by a dark Wicca. They can stay invisible with the power to move through any barrier and over any distance instantly.

THERIOMORPH - This species is born with the genes of a Breedline, but cannot change into a Breedline wolf. They shape shift into an enormous black panther. They possess powers of mind manipulation and random visions of the future. They must use the drug dopamine to suppress their urges. Their eye color shifts into a bright lavender when their Theriomorph nature takes over. The Breedline see them as a threat to their species.

ADALWOLF - A species that has the power to shift from their human form into a beautiful creature, twice the size, resembling half man and half wolf. Born with super-strength, they can move from one place to another in supernatural speed. Their eyes take on the appearance of two shimmering diamonds. With the power to regenerate their own cells, an Adalwolf will stop aging at thirty. The moon has no power over them. An Adalwolf is immune to silver. They can bond with any species.

LUPA - The ancestors descended from the old legend of the lycanthrope, except the moon has no power over them and it cannot be passed on to others like a virus. It is passed on through genetics to the female offspring, known as a she-wolf. This type of creature shape-shifts into a therianthropic hybrid wolf-like creature, and is considered dangerous... cursed.

Steven Pasquale (a.k.a. Steven Craven) - He inherited the genes of a Breedline and an Adalwolf. He was taken from his mother and forced to endure a life of endless, painful experiments by two German physicians, Dr. Hans Autenburg and Dr. Hubert Crane. Without the knowledge of his real family, Steven finally manages to escape his captors, locating his biological parents and his fraternal twin, Tessa Fairchild.

Abbey (a.k.a. Abigail Winthrop) - She inherited the genetics of a Lupa from her mother, who died giving birth. Captured by Dr. Hans Autenburg - a German physician - she spent most of her life forced to endure experiments until she finally managed to escape. With no place to go, Abbey is determined to finally reunite with her beloved Steven after they were separated years ago.

Valkin Steele - He is a wealthy business man who deals with drugs, weapons trade, and underage sex trafficking. He also funded a group of unethical scientists that kidnapped people with special gifts and rarities for research. He is searching for an Adalwolf with the ability to heal his beloved Natasha who is dying of cancer.

Cole Decker - He is known as the best tracker money could buy, hired by Valkin Steele to kidnap Steven Craven for his healing powers. He is also wanted by the FBI for his crimes as a well-known sex offender and sex trafficking young girls from all over the world.

Marcus Delvecchio - He is a Breedline traitor, hired by Valkin Steele as a bodyguard.

Fredrick Mercier - He is a Breedline and Samuel Mercier's identical twin. Also, he's a council member from France that has secretly turned against the Covenant to help the Chiang-Shih demon.

Corbin Azzo - He is a Breedline and a council member that has turned against the Covenant to help the Chiang-Shih demon.

Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. scongrove All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
scongrove has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.