Biographical Poetry posted November 14, 2018 Chapters:  ...61 62 -63- 64... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Frustrating lament.

A chapter in the book Geoffrey's Musings.

The Rage Of Age

by Sankey

My hearing's disappearing
and so is my eyesight
My 68th year's careering
Down the hill
Things are "less right!"

I'm taking "Hydrocortisone"
'Cos there's no
"Fight, Fright or Flight!"
Insufficient Adrenalin
Means more things are
Not quite "right."

There's one more brand new side-effect
Of this "steroid" I am "own"
Three monthly UTI is promised
More antibiotics! Groan!

I'm also now on Insulin
To get my "numbers" down
These outlandish Blood-sugar levels
Make my Educator frown.

My local doc has come up
With a plan to get to "Seven"
Gradually increasing Insulin;
Means my numbers should be "Heaven."

 



Rhyming Poetry Contest contest entry

Recognized


I guess we all know about the FIght Fright or Flight normal adrenaline provides. I have been on Hormone treatment for years for the low acting Pituitary Gland I carry. Aging has brought on this new thing with the Adrenaline Insufficiency which has also necessitated the permanent wearing of the "Medic Alert" Medallion the back of is pictured. I have taken some poetic license for rhyming purposes of the word "own" for "on" may be correct in some parts of America if you will indulge me. Numbers is referring to levels of Blood Sugar particular to DIabetics. As indicated on the Medallion I am Type 2 as well as other problems listed. They recently thought my Sleep Apnoea had deteriorated but later decided I can still manage on my current machine. "Educator" refers to the Diabetic Educator I am seeing. She is a lovely lady and as she says not the "Blood Sugar Level Police!"
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Sankey All rights reserved.
Sankey has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.