Biographical Poetry posted October 14, 2018


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Not considered part of a class.

Hallway People

by Mike K2

Not every classmate feels like they fit in,
from a lonely outskirt of a neighborhood;
or being just too smart, or talented for their own good.

Many classmates were elementary school friends,
stuck with a different community in junior high or middle school...
Back with your mates in senior high, they act like
you are a new student, making you feel like an out of town fool.

Approaching adult life, oneself is found outside of a new pecker order;
of, "Jocks," Freaks," or "Preppies." To all of them you are the, "Others!"
Never to have a place inside any of their self-instituted borders.

Maybe it is just your time in life, to get hit with a traumatic event,
feeling thrown to the side, even the time of day would be Heaven sent.
Then there are the ones that let you know you are not part of the class,
they let you know your uninvited or making sure no one will like my ass.

Yet, walking though the hallway, my favorite place;
somehow becomes a joy and a comfort
as uncertainty, fears and sorrows find a way to abate.

Every day bouncing through the hall, a gal with red hair,
one with a feather in it, in the lobby and a light-hearted air.
Some not short on personality, sporting live snake jewelry;
or a celebrated track star, who can also rebuild a car.

Some 30 years later, the hallway people who never knew,
how much faith and warmth that from them exude.
How wonderful the first new found friends are the people of the hallway,
they where shocked to find out they saved my life everyday.

I wanted to be part of a class and realize I'm hallway too,
some needed a smile, or to talk, someone to ask how they are?
So many people remember me from the hallway and let me know,
hallway people are part of a larger group for the spirit they imbue.



Recognized


Any rhyming is strictly accidental! LOL I enjoy this style of poetry as worrying about rhyming isn't so hard and fast and to me keeps the poem from being boring.

I created what I call the blame game when I was working on my biography, and realized that there are times I could blame other people, and the law of reactions, dictate that I was at fault about the same percent; yet that percent was relatively small being by best estimate 20-30 percent.

To my shock most of the problems that make up the vast majority of bad experiences were usually things outside of both of our control. Experience, knowledge, qualities, the effect others had on them, prejudices and preconceptions. Also time or that place in time played a role.

I decided not to be involved with the class and reestablishing ties was more or less an accident as I decided to go on the Facebook for my writing and promotional needs. I immediately found a group of friends from Malaysia and Indonesia so had audience from around the word.

Then classmates I valued started hooking up with me by sending friend requests. Especially with the ladies, I made a decision not to seek that out myself. I was totally shocked that the ones that sent the initial friend requests where those very people I admired from the hallway and kept me going at a time of personal despair and grief.


I was also shocked at how tight they are with me, and that helped me going back over my memories and helping me to realize I was a hallway person too. One of the things that amazed me were how many people from the school recognized me and thanked me, for usually something I had no idea about; be it taking the time to listen and give advice, being friendly or letting them know they are not alone, so I had unwittingly accepted and played a role at the school that also helped others.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Mike K2 All rights reserved.
Mike K2 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.