Horror and Thriller Fiction posted September 27, 2018 Chapters:  ...4 5 -6- 7... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Susie makes funeral preparations for Lance

A chapter in the book Redemption

Preparing for Lance's funeral

by SLMorrical




Background
Susie's husband Lance dies of a heart attack at age 45. She believes it was caused by his job and the men he works with. She is lost and sad, but knows she has to make some kind of funeral arrangement
Donna was at the funeral home when Susie arrived, and she gave her a big hug. "Susie my friend, I'm here for you, for whatever you need."

"Thanks, Donna, I really appreciate that, and at this time, I do need someone. I just feel so numb. I don't know what I am doing. I thought for sure when Lance passed I'd be a lot stronger, but he was so young. He was only 45. How does a 45-year-old man die of a heart attack? I'm a nurse and I didn't even see the signs." Susie is weepy with tears in her eyes as she speaks to Donna.

"Susie, you are a strong person and you will get through this. I'm here for you while you work your way over this." Donna tries to reassure Susie and give her the strength she needs. Mr. Davis walks into the lobby and greets Susie.

"Mrs. Morrell, I am Benjamin Davis, and I am so sorry for your loss, and we will take good care of your husband." Mr. Davis stretches out his hand to shake Susie's.

"Thank you, Mr. Davis, and I am sure my husband Lance will appreciate it even though it is his funeral," Susie responds with tears in her eyes.

"Did your husband work at Motorcycle City?"

"Yes, in fact, it was that placed that killed him. The coroner says it was a heart attack, but I know those salesmen caused him to have the heart attack."

"Mrs. Morrell, I knew your husband. I bought a Motorcycle from him. I thought he was a wonderful guy, and I appreciated his honesty with me with the motorcycle I bought. I use to go to Motorcycle City and shoot the breeze with him every once in a while. I really liked your husband and I saw firsthand how those guys down there treated him."

"Mr. Davis, you can call me Susie, and this is my friend Donna. Thank you for giving me some validation where my husband and Motorcycle City is concerned."

"Susie, you can call me Ben. I spoke with your husband many times about different things, and because I own a funeral home, we had a conversation on funerals and what he wanted at his funeral. Please allow me to respect his wishes, and give him the funeral he would want."

"Ben, I know Lance would love it, but I can't afford what he wants. I would love to give him the funeral he wants with all the bells and whistles, but he didn't have life insurance and we lived paycheck to paycheck. I will apologize to Lance in my own way for this."

"Susie, I want to do this, and I will not charge you for it. Lance helped me in many ways, and if I had bought my bike from one of the other salesmen I would have paid twice the amount. Please, just tell me the day and time to get family and friends together for his funeral."

Susie starts to cry. "Oh thank you, Ben, I don't know what to say. Lance getting the funeral he wants is so gracious of you, and I know he would appreciate it so much." Susie hugs Ben so hard she almost squeezes the life out of him. "I have talked to his family and they need time to travel here and make arrangements to stay somewhere. I have no room at home. If we can, I would like to have his funeral next Friday at 1 pm."

"Susie that is an excellent idea, I will arrange it."

Donna looks at Susie and Ben confused. "Susie, next Friday is January 13th. That's Friday the 13th."

"Yes it is Donna, and for what Lance wants for his funeral it is a perfect day. Thank you, Ben, I'll contact his family and let them know the day and time." Susie shakes Ben's hand and she and Donna walk out of the funeral home. "Donna, I'm going to Motorcycle City, and let them know the day and time because their fake concern selves asked for the information."

"Susie, why tell them if you believe that job and those salesmen caused Lance's heart attack?"

"Because, when Lance's funeral starts, I can't wait to see their faces." Donna and Susie hug each other goodbye and Susie went to Motorcycle City. On the drive to Motorcycle City Susie is rehearsing what she will say to them and how she'll say it. A smile comes over her face. "Lance would love to be a fly on the wall during his funeral."

Susie pulls into the parking lot at Motorcycle City and Tony Otto comes out and meets her. "Hey Susie how are you doing, and what can I do for you?"

"Well, Tony I was just at the funeral home and I decided to stop by on my way home to let y'all know when and where the funeral is for Lance. You said you wanted to know to pay your respects. I did notify the funeral home and his family that you would be there, the funeral home even stated they would mention Motorcycle City."

"Okay, so when and where is it?" Tony Otto thought mentioning Motorcycle City would be a free advertisement.

"It's at Davis Funeral home, on highway one, next Friday, January 13th at 1 pm."

"What? Friday the 13th? Okay, I will let the guys know. Once again we are sorry for your loss. Lance was a great guy." Tony Otto's fake concern is apparent in his voice. Susie drives home calls Lance's family and tells them the day and time and place of Lance's funeral.

She hangs up; she pours herself some ice tea and sits on the couch with the dogs. Susie thinks about Lance's journal and the entry she read this morning. She decides to just think about whether she should do the magic or not. Lance had no doubts about doing magic. Susie, on the other hand, was very cautious because of the law of three.




Recognized


Characters so far:
Lance Morrell
Susie Morrell
Susie's parents Ben and Janet
T-Susie's friend
Donna- Susie's long time friend
Victoria- Susies's long time friend
Tony Otto - Manager of Motorcycle City
Tony Sands - Assistant Manager of Motorcycle City
Tommy Emerson - Salesman at Motorcycle City
Matt Miller - Salesman at Motorcycle City
Joel Aspen -Salesman at Motorcycle City
Detective Robert Case - Police Detective
Benjamin Davis- Funeral Director

I have really enjoyed the feedback from FanStory on everything I have posted. The feedback has given me inspiration for this book.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. SLMorrical All rights reserved.
SLMorrical has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.