Romance Fiction posted September 23, 2018 Chapters:  ...94 95 -96- 97... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Shana is heart broken.

A chapter in the book Perennials of War

Chapter Neunundzwanzig Part zwei

by barbara.wilkey




Background
Is Anderson a gallant knight? Can he recover Shana's family's stolen relics and heal the wounds of genocide?
ENDING OF PREVIOUS POST:

Shana's phone rang. She glanced at it. "It's Papa. He rarely calls. I need to take it." She got up and left.

When she returned, she stood in the doorway and glared at Anderson. "How dare you touch my checking account! I'm capable of financially taking care of myself. I don't need your money. Your money can't buy my affection. I'm not for sale." She stormed to her room and slammed the door with Romeo following.

Michael glanced at his son. "I'm guessing you just made a gigantic mistake."

Anderson stood and stared in the direction she had left. "I just tried to help. I never expected that reaction." He ran his hand through his short hair.

"Obviously." Jeff watched his buddy.

TODAY'S POST:

Chapter 29 part 2

Anderson knocked on Shana's bedroom door. No answer. I know she's in there. He knocked again. No answer. "Shana, it's me. Can I come in? You left without dessert. Mom's brownies are the best. I brought you one."

Shana opened the door, took it, "Thank you," and closed the door.

Jeff walked by and grinned. "Buddy, you're in big trouble."

"Any ideas?"

"Not a one. My track record with women isn't that good."

"Mine isn't any better." Anderson knocked again. "Shana, we need to talk. I can explain."

"There's no way you can explain putting fifteen thousand dollars in my checking account. It's almost a half a year's salary to me."

"My purpose wasn't to insult or belittle you. I just wanted to help." Anderson paused. "I need to come in and finish the bed. Can I at least to do that?" He heard something hit the door. "What was that?"

"The instruction manual. You don't need it, because you don't need to finish the bed. I have Romeo. Your services aren't needed."

Jeff chuckled. "You've been replaced by a dog. Now that's in some deep shit." He paused. "How about a run and let her cool off? It'll clear your head and maybe you can try again."

"Sounds like a plan. This isn't working." Anderson went into his room.

*****
Shana embraced a pillow, then paced the floor, and finally back to the pillow. Romeo shadowed her movement. How dare he think I need his money. Out loud she shouted, "I don't need your money. I can support myself." She paced the room. Just because I got myself in a jam with Kuznetsov doesn't mean I can't normally take care of myself. It's unusual to have a Russian Mafia after you. She sat on the bed and hugged a pillow. "Until now, I took excellent care of myself. I didn't have any problems. All of my bills were paid and I didn't owe anybody money. I can afford a few personal items. You can't buy my love. You're used to getting your way."

Shana walked over to the window, glanced out, and saw Anderson and Jeff stretching. Of course, he can come and go whenever he wants. I'm sure I'm not allowed to go for a even a walk. I'm held captive. She wiped an escaped tear. "Please be safe."

Romeo walked over and slid his head under her hand.

"I know, buddy, I'm a mess." Shana knelt and cried as she hugged the German Shepherd.

She finally sat crossed legged on the floor. Romeo grabbed a pillow from the bed and laid it in front of her.

Picking up the pillow and hugging it, she said, "Thank you." She leaned her head against the bed frame. "I should be thanking him for everything he's done that he didn't need to do." She held up one finger. "He's gone out of his way to keep me safe," second finger rose, "and has helped get my painting back." Third finger up. "I have no clue how many fingers I need to raise for the help he gave Hannah, Paul, and Sarah. He's killed people to keep me safe. That's worth a couple of fingers. Also he kept his promise to me and he's never made any advances toward me."

Shana lay down in bed. "But all of that doesn't negate the fact that he can't buy me. I'm not Patricia." She cried. "That was a cheap shot. Jane said Patricia went after him because of his money and prestige. I don't care about his money or that he's a big man in New York. I couldn't care less. Why am I hurting so badly?" She glanced at Romeo and petted his head. "You're a great listener.

She took a shower and went to bed.


Thank you, Gary Allen.







Characters so far:

Shana Kohlberg -- a 25 year old high school English literature teacher -- she's trying to get her family's painting back
Anderson Sharp -- often called Drew -- 31 years old -- works part-time on Wall Street -- a billionaire from Texas oil wells
Dmitry Bezrukov -- one of three Russian men in black suits
Jeff Burk -- takes care of Anderson's cars and important security details.
Helen -- Anderson's cook
Jane -- Anderson's housekeeper
Philip -- Anderson's butler -- close friend
Kyle -- Anderson's dog walker
Axel -- Anderson's lead German shepherd
Thor -- Anderson's second German shepherd
Romeo -- Anderson's third German shepherd
Aaron Kohlberg -- Shana's older brother
Ivan Kuznetsov -- formally Ivan Morozov, I accidently chose a real person, so I have changed it present day owner of the painting.
Patricia -- Anderson's ex-wife
Emily -- Anderson's five year old daughter
Isaiah Glassberg -- Anderson divorce/custody attorney.
Jeremy -- Jane's second-cousin twice removed, NYC undercover cop.
Hannah Jacobs -- Shana's cousin, the same age and best friend. Married within the past year and just had a baby, Sarah. Her husband, Paul. Sarah was just diagnosed with Tay-Sachs disease.
Joshua Colton -- Art Museum's curator
Benjamin Kohlberg -- Shana's father
Eliana Kohlberg - - Shana's mother
Maxwell Gaines -- Lawyer hired to retrieve the painting
Erich Berger -- Manager of the Dorotheum art auction house in Austria
Mary Pritchard -- The lady Anderson hired to help Hannah while she's in Boston with Sarah.
Zachery Sharp -- Anderson's younger brother
Michael Sharp -- Anderson's father
Susan Sharp --Anderson's mother
Leon Sharp - - Anderson's grandfather
Grandma Sharp - - Anderson's grandmother
Oscar - - Team Leader of the security detail
Detective Rollins - - Austin police detective



Recognized


Thank you Google Images for an image. I couldn't find what I wanted so I went with this. Things are starting to come together and some questions answered. Once again, I've made changes as I posted and found more mistakes. I'm sure I've missed some. I wish just once, I'd be happy with what I've written. Thank you for all the support you give my writing.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. barbara.wilkey All rights reserved.
barbara.wilkey has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.