Humor Non-Fiction posted September 19, 2018


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
What are the odds?

An Unforgettable Weekend

by damommy



One Friday back in 1988, I was on my way to visit a friend in Shreveport, Louisiana.  There I was, tooling along the freeway in a line of much larger cars.  The radar gun must have liked my little red 1986 Chevrolet Sprint because it picked us out of a whole line of cars.  I was third back in the line.
 
I asked the state trooper who pulled me over how I could be going faster than the car in front of me.  I’d have been on top of it.  He was not amused.
 
After being wished to have a good day (sure ‘nuff), I drove on to Shreveport.  I found my friend’s apartment complex and pulled into a parking slot.  I didn’t have any reason to see my car until I planned to go home on Sunday.
 
Come Sunday morning, I went to load up my car and found it gone!  Oh, goodness.  What now?  Finally tracking it down, it had been impounded because I’d parked in the wrong place.
 
Now, to add insult to injury, it had a flat tire. 
 
Once on my way with an empty wallet, I thought, "What are the odds of anyone having such a weekend?"

 



What Are The Odds contest entry


True story.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. damommy All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
damommy has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.