Horror and Thriller Fiction posted September 18, 2018 Chapters: 2 3 -4- 5... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Susie accuses the guys Lance worked with of killing him.

A chapter in the book Redemption

She accuses the salesmen of murder

by SLMorrical

The author has placed a warning on this post for language.



Background
Susie's husband Lance dies of a heart attack, and the loss is devastating to her. She believes the guys he worked with are the reason he died of a heart attack, and she is out to get justice.
Susie was sure it was the salesmen at the job that killed him. They were on him so much the stress gave him the heart attack. Susie heads to the police station to file a charge of murder on the salesmen of Motorcycle City. She is ready to accuse them all, and she will start with the manager Tony Otto. He is not alone in this and she is prepared to name them all. There's Tony Sand, Tommy Emerson, Matt Miller, and Joel Aspen.

They all messed with him, took customers from him, which means they took sales. They would razz him about his religion, and about his honesty to customers. He didn't lie to the customers, and the other salesmen keep telling he doesn't have the balls to sell.

Susie arrives at the police station, heads for the main desk and states she wants to report a murder. A Police Detective walks over to Susie, "I am Detective Robert Case. I understand you want to report a murder."

"Yes, my husband was murdered today, by the guys he worked with." She had tears in her eyes as she spoke.

"Tell me what happened, Mrs."

"Morrell, Mrs. Morrell. My name is Susie Morrell."

"Okay Mrs. Morrell, what happened to your husband?"

"He died today. The doctor says it was a heart attack, but I know those guys he works with killed him."

Detective Case hesitated before his next words, choosing them carefully trying not to make her more distraught, "Mrs. Morrell, a heart attack is a natural cause, not murder."

"Detective Case is it?"

"Yes, it is."

"They caused the heart attack, so they killed him."

"Mrs. Morrell, unless they actually gave him something to induce a heart attack, he died from natural causes, not murder."

"They gave him stress on his job; doesn't that count as giving him something to cause it?"

"I am sorry Mrs. Morrell but you can't commit murder by giving someone stressors. Go home, talk to a grief counselor or some of your friends. I know you are very upset right now, and I am sorry for your loss, but it isn't murder."

"If you won't give my husband the justice he deserves then I will." Susie threatened.

Detective Case realizes this shattered widow may take matters into her own hands, for a crime that has not been committed.

Susie leaves the police station in a huff and heads to Motorcycle City to pick up Lance's things. Tony Otto greets her at the door of the Motorcycle City's salesroom. "Hey Susie, we are all so sorry for your loss, and Lance will be missed." His fake concern is very evident in his voice.

Susie looks at him as he tries to hug her she pulls away. "I am just here for Lance's things."
"Of course they are all right here." He shows her to Lance's desk.

"Where is his laptop? I know he had one because I pay the monthly payment on the credit card he used to buy it." Susie is angry and knows these men are nothing but killers and thieves.

"Here it is Susie. I was using it to get some of the internet stuff off of it." Matt Miller speaks up and walks toward her with Lance's laptop.

"Thank you and before I leave I am taking inventory on his stuff because I know what he brings with him to work because I pay for them." She goes over everything and it is all there, even his cellphone that Tony used to call her. She looks around at the salesmen with daggers in her eyes, "I have everything and now I am leaving."

"Susie please let us know when and where the funeral is, we would all like to go and pay our respects." Tommy Emerson says to her as he opens the door for her, she nods knowing they are all guilty of murdering Lance.

Susie goes home and hugs the dogs while crying. Susie calls Lance's family to tell them of his death. His mother cries on the phone, and his brothers and sister-in-law are speechless. She tells them she will give them all the details of when and where his funeral is. She hangs up and turns to the dogs. The two of them are looking for Lance and whining. Animals always know when something is wrong. The little one keeps staring at the door.

She talks to them both like they can understand her. "Girls your daddy isn't coming home. Those bastards he works with have killed him. Don't worry I will get justice for your daddy." She lies down, and the dogs curl up next to her. She doesn't sleep at all that night. Her mind is busy trying to prepare her for what is next.



Recognized


Characters so far:
Lance Morrell
Susie Morrell
Susie's parents Ben and Janet
T-Susie's friend
Donna- Susie's long time friend
Victoria- Susies's long time friend
Tony Otto - Manager of Motorcycle City
Tony Sands - Assistant Manager of Motorcycle City
Tommy Emerson - Salesman at Motorcycle City
Matt Miller - Salesman at Motorcycle City
Joel Aspen -Salesman at Motorcycle City
Detective Robert Case - Police Detective

The feedback I am getting on these chapters is just wonderful, because all of you on FanStory are wonderful. Thank you all for any and all feedback.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. SLMorrical All rights reserved.
SLMorrical has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.