Supernatural Fiction posted September 17, 2018 Chapters:  ...19 20 -21- 22... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Sins of Chaos/A Novel of the Breedline series

A chapter in the book Sins of Chaos

Be Warned/Part Two

by scongrove


The author has placed a warning on this post for violence.

Previously . . .

When two, human homicide Detectives, Manuel Sanchez and Frank Perkins, question Zeke Rizzo—who is a Breedline, born with the curse of a sin-eater, and owner of the Cat Club—about a woman they’d found brutally murdered near his bar, one of Zeke’s bouncers recognizes the victim after Detective Perkins shares her photo from social media. He also confirms the victim left the bar around midnight with a guy that oddly resembled the famous actor, Jason Momoa. 

Before the detectives leave, Zeke gives them a copy of the bar’s video surveillance, hoping it would help with their investigation.

As the detectives exit the club, Zeke found himself confronted by a beautiful woman he’d saw earlier hanging out in the VIP section with an older gentleman. After introducing herself as Callisto and that she was every man’s dream, she asked him to spend the night with her. Zeke refused her proposition, but she was not the type to take no for an answer, and grabbed his arm. At the same time he realized she was not human and craved human blood, he got a glimpse into her past, using his sin-eater skills. What he saw nearly brought him to his knees. She’d been trapped alive for years in some kind of sarcophagus. At the same time Zeke questioned her about his vision, Callisto’s brother, Apollyon, interrupted their conversation and warned Zeke to keep his sister’s past to himself.

After Apollyon excited the bar with his sister, Zeke ignored his warning and called Tim Ross—the head council of the California Breedline Covenant—and told him what he’d saw in his vision. Without delay, Tim arranged to meet with Zeke, bringing Jace and Jem with him.

During the meeting with Zeke, Jem gets a phone call from Drakon, relaying the news about planning to wire Steven before they make the exchange with Valkin Steele’s hired trackers to get Abbey back, who had been kidnapped.  
 

When Tim, Jace, and Jem exit Zeke’s bar, he gets a call from the two detectives who want to question him about another murder that may link to the suspect caught on video in his bar. Before they show, Zeke is attacked by Apollyon, who had warned him earlier not to talk to the police.


Continuted . . .

Justice and Bull had already landed the chopper on a private airstrip owned and maintained by the Los Angeles Covenant, while Kid and Major Wyckoff touched down shortly after.

On the tarmac stood the rest of Lieutenant Colonel Deshazo’s team and everyone that was ready to help locate Abbey. It was an impressive sight to see. Jem and his twin brother Jace, along with Tim, Drakon, Kyle, Casey, Alexander, and Steven stood next to Roman and the rest of his team. Lawrence was positioned on one side of Roman while Lena, the only female member, stood near Gunny. Lena was in civilian clothing, though she didn’t look too happy about it. Her long hair was down, smoothed out straight. She wore tight jeans and a crop top, dressed provocatively in case they needed her to get closer to Cole Decker.

As soon as she saw Justice, she walked toward him and shot him a look that said without words she was ready to go in and kick some ass.

Justice whistled. “Damn, Lena. You look sexy as hell in those jeans.”

She rolled her eyes. “Are you serious?”

“Hell yah,” he said, batting his brows.

Bull came up behind Justice and clapped him on the shoulder. “We ready to roll?”

The longer they stood around, the uneasier Casey grew. His gut instinct was screaming, and the hair prickled and stood on his neck.

“There’s something not right here,” Casey said as he looked at Major Wyckoff, who had the same look of apprehension stamped on his face. The Theriomorph side of them screamed danger.  
 
Before Wyckoff could shout out a warning, a gun was fired.

“Gunman at six o‘clock!” Wyckoff called out.

Everyone ducked for cover as another shot rang out, hitting Gunny from behind. He fell to the ground hard.

“Son of a bitch!” he yelled. “Damn-it, I’m hit!”

Justice grabbed Lena by the arm and yanked her back, taking cover. 

Wyckoff held up his hand to signal Kid he had a man down.

A short distance away, a deep voice called out, “We have you completely surrounded. Give up the Adalwolf, and there’ll be no further need for bloodshed.”

“Screw you!” Jace snarled. “That’s not our deal. Where’s the girl?”

“Mr. Steele will release the girl when the Adalwolf completes his part of the deal,” the man shouted back. “We can do it the easy way, or we can do it the hard way. It’s up to you.”

Jace looked at Jem suspiciously and whispered, “Is that Corbin Azzo?”

Jem nodded. “Yeah, it sounds just like the prick,” he replied in a low voice.

“Damn traitor,” Jace spat. “That’s how Decker found the Covenant.”

Tim put one finger up to his lips and shook his head, signaling them to keep Corbin’s identity on the down-low. He didn’t want Corbin Azzo to know they recognized his voice. If so, it could mess up everything they’d planned before they left the Covenant.

I gotcha, Jace mouthed silently. 

Steven knew without a doubt, Valkin Steele was determined to achieve his objective even if he had to kill every last person who stood between him and his plan to save his beloved.

“I’ll go,” Steven calmly said, nodding at Drakon. “It’s the only way.”

“Damn it, Steven,” Jace swore, playing it out. “We can’t just let you walk into that bastard’s clutches. Do you remember what they did to you before?”

“I survived,” Steven said. “I’ll do it again.” He turned toward Drakon, smiling faintly.

Drakon cocked at brow, signaling his approval. At that moment, he knew Steele’s men played right into their hands. As soon as they took Steven, who was already wired, they would go in and rescue Abbey, taking Steele down and everyone involved. 
 
Drakon rose to his feet and held up his hands. “Stand down,” he shouted. “We’re surrendering the Adalwolf.”

As Steven walked out, he pointed a gun at his own temple. “Here’s the deal,” he said. “You’re going to let everyone here go freely.”

“And if I don’t?”

“If you don’t, then I will shoot myself,” Steven said, keeping the gun firmly to his temple. “And then you’ll have to go back and explain that to Steele.”

The entire area went quiet. For the first time, a moment of uncertainty crossed Corbin’s mind. Was he bluffing? The very last thing he wanted was for the Adalwolf to kill himself. But could he even be killed, he wondered. He couldn’t take the chance. Steele would have him killed for sure. Then Corbin barked, his voice echoing, “All right. How do you want to play this out?”

“I’ll come to you,” Steven said. “My friends will stand back.”

“No surprises,” Corbin bit out, and added, “or I’ll give the order to start firing.”

“You have my word,” Steven declared as he motioned for Drakon and the others to fall back. Kid and Wyckoff dragged Gunny toward the chopper. He’d been hit with a silver bullet in the left buttock, but nothing major.

Corbin gave a terse nod and then called out to Steele’s men. A moment later, Dominic Gambino and Marcus Delvecchio appeared as if from out of nowhere. Marcus directed Steven over. As Steven complied, moving forward, he slowly lowered the gun and extended it toward Marcus.

Marcus took the gun from Steven’s hand and nodded at Dominic. “Cuff him,” he clipped out and turned to Steven. “Don’t try anything stupid.” He held up a portable radio transceiver. “All I have to do is say the word, and the she-wolf gets a bullet between her eyes. You get me?”

Steven nodded in silent agreement.

As Marcus and Dominic led Steven away, he gave a quick glance over his shoulder at his fellow comrades. Steven had absolute faith that they wouldn’t let him down. They were his family now. And Abbey’s too. 
     
When Steele’s men disappeared with Steven, Drakon rushed over to the chopper while Lena, Justice, Lawrence, Roman, and Colonel Deshazo hurried over to tend to Gunny, who was steadily swearing like a sailor.

“I’ve got the GPS device tracking Steven,” Drakon said to Colonel D. “And I’ve called for backup. We’re gonna need some wheels.”

The colonel rose to his feet, his expression strained. “I’m going to have Kid and Lawrence take the chopper and transport Gunny to the nearest hospital. As soon as you get Steven’s final location, we’ll regroup and figure out our next move.” And then he turned to Wyckoff, Lena, and Roman. “I need you guys to spread out. Do a recon of the area. Make sure it’s clear.”

As soon as Tim, Alexander, Kyle, Casey, Jace, and Jem hurried over to the chopper where Gunny lay, Colonel Deshazo said, “As soon as Drakon has a hit on Steven’s final location, we’re heading that way.”

Lawrence had been working diligently on a pressure bandage, trying to stop the bleeding in Gunny’s wound. When he finally got him patched, Justice and Bull loaded him into the chopper. Gunny balled up his fist and swore viciously.

Colonel Deshazo popped his head inside as Kid geared up the chopper, preparing for take-off.

“Don’t look at me like that,” Gunny groaned at the colonel. “Hell, it’s just a flesh wound.”

The colonel made a face, his expression seemingly irritated. “I expect you back on your feet Master Sergeant Virgin as soon as they patch your ass.” And then he looked at Kid and Lawrence. “Let me know as soon as you land.”

Lawrence nodded and Kid saluted the colonel. “Yes, sir,” he said, raising his voice over the engine of the chopper.

Colonel Deshazo and the others stood back and watched as the chopper immediately took off, buzzing over the distant trees.

A few moments later, two Hummers roared down the runway.

“That’ll be our ride,” Drakon said. “Let’s load up and get the show on the road.”

****

Detective Manuel Sanchez opened the door to his unmarked car while Detective Frank Perkins went to the passenger side. As they left the Downtown Berkeley Inn and headed to speak with Mr. Zeke Rizzo about the mysterious woman caught on camera at the scene of the crime, Detective Sanchez was sure of one thing: The suspects in all the gruesome killings had made one hell of a mistake. One had been caught on video leaving the Cat Club with Ms. Bennett not long before her murder, and the other suspect was seen at Mr. Bernard’s hotel room around the time of his death. The entire police force was going to be gunning for the bastard’s when they found out who they were. 
 
It was nearly an hour later when the detectives finally arrived at Zeke’s bar.
     
“I hope Mr. Rizzo didn’t give up on us,” Perkins said.

Sanchez nodded. “Isn’t that his vehicle?”

“Yeah, that’s his car,” Perkins muttered, noticing the black Porsche parked under an awning at the rear side of the building. “It must be nice to afford a ride like that. It took me five years just to save up to buy my new Honda.”

“Tell me about it,” Sanchez smirked. “A detective’s salary doesn’t go far. But at least we get to take down the bad guys, right?”

Perkins cocked a brow. “Yeah, I guess so.”

“Come on, Detective.” Sanchez reached across and tapped Perkins on the shoulder. “Let’s go talk to Mr. Rizzo.”

When Yelena looked out of her office window that overlooked the parking lot of the Cat Club, she frowned at the unmarked police car parked in front of the building. And then she saw two men, apparently human PD, get out and walk toward the entrance of the bar.

Shit! What the hell are they doing here? She wondered as she tugged at the earbuds from her inner lobes, silencing the relaxing instrumental classical music from her iPod. When she noticed Zeke’s Porsche still parked under the awning, she looked at her watch. It was too early for him to be at the bar. She’d thought everyone had left shortly after closing. 

“What the hell arrre you still doing herrre, Zeke?” she said aloud in frustration, her voice heavily accented in Russian.

Last night, after feeling lonely, she’d drowned her sorrows with a bottle of tequila. Instead of driving, she decided to sleep it off on the loveseat that barely fit in the tiny space of her office. Maybe Zeke had done the very same thing, she thought.

Yelena flinched when she heard a loud crash coming from the lower level of the bar. When she got to the bottom of the stairs, she turned a corner and screamed. Zeke was lying on the floor, gasping for air. She couldn’t see his face clearly for the shadows, but he appeared desperate. He was clutching his throat and reaching out to her with his other hand. And then she caught an unusual scent in the air. Something rich and spicy. As she breathed in, she suddenly felt a heavy hand clamp around her arm. Yelena looked over her shoulder and panicked, but found she couldn’t move. The man standing above her was tremendous, his legs as thick as her torso, his shoulders three times her size. She craned her neck to look up into his face. All she could do was stare into his feral gaze. His eyes were golden and slit-pupiled like a feline’s. His hair was straight and black, falling to his shoulders, and he had the shadow of a dark beard.   

Apollyon hovered above Yelena in silent menace and then said, “You’re a succubus.” His voice was low, a deep rumble in his solid chest. He had some kind of accent, but she couldn’t place it.  

On impulse, she struggled against his hold.

He captured both her wrists in one of his hands. “Don’t be stupid.”

“What do you . . . vant?” Yelena’s voice trembled as she swayed on her feet.

“Let . . . her . . . go,” Zeke said, struggling to get the words out.

With a furrowed brow, Apollyon looked away from Yelena and shifted his focus on Zeke. And then his head bent down, his lips close to her neck, and she heard him inhale. “You’re in love with the sin-eater,” he said in a seething tone.

“I don’t—” Confusion closed her mouth. “I don’t know what you’rrre talking about.” 
  
Zeke lurched to his feet, wobbled, and did an ass plant back on the floor.

“But you feel like you don’t belong,” Apollyon continued, whispering in her ear. “You feel all alone in this world. The sin-eater doesn’t have the balls to be with you. He runs from his curse like you run from yours.”

Zeke felt utterly helpless. Blood trickled between his fingers as he kept his hand pressed against his throat. He was trying to speak. “Please don’t . . . hurt . . . her,” Zeke gasped out.  
 
And then there was a sound of a gun being cocked. “Police! Let the girl go, or I’ll put a hole in your skull!”
  
Detective Sanchez had never seen anyone move that fast. One second the guy had a hold of the girl; the next, he was standing in front of him, towering at least six inches above him. And with lightning speed, Sanchez was disarmed, put in a tight choke-hold, and lifted off the ground by only one hand.

“Humans are only good for one thing,” Apollyon said in a deep, accented growl. “And that’s food.”

Sanchez clawed at Apollyon’s iron grip. His massive hand locked around the detective’s throat, squeezing the life right out of him.

“Put him down!” Perkins demanded.

As Apollyon craned his head around, he stared straight into the barrel of a semi-automatic pistol and snarled. He dropped his hand, and Sanchez fell to the floor, choking for air.

In the blink of an eye, Apollyon mysteriously vanished into thin air.

“W-what the—” Perkins stammered as he took a couple steps back. One minute the guy that had his partner in a choke hold stood in front of him and then the next . . . poof!
   
When a high-pitched scream sounded out, Detective Perkins looked away. He was completely astonished when he caught sight of Apollyon, now standing behind Yelena. And then he disappeared again, taking her with him.

“No!” Zeke called out, his voice strained. “Yelena!” 

To be continued . . .
 
 
 
 
 
 

 




NOTE: This is not part of the chaper. A reference for terms and cast of characters, especially for new readers:

BREEDLINE - A species of humans that have the ability to change from human form into a wolf. They are not like the old legend of the Lycanthropy myth. Breedline species can shift into their wolf at will. The moon has no power over them. They do not pass their ability to other humans with a bite or scratch like the Lycanthropy myth.
The Breedline gene is passed down to offspring that are born identical twins. Although they live among humans, their species must be kept secret.
In wolf form, they have super-strength, speed, and heightened senses. Compared to humans, Breedlines have tremendous advantages when it comes to health. Their bodies heal fast and are not subject to illnesses or diseases. The only thing that slows their healing process is silver. It is their kryptonite. Besides old age, a silver bullet to the brain is the only thing deadly to the species.
All males change into their wolf at the age of eighteen. Females do not go through the change until they make love to their Breedline bonded mate.

BREEDLINE TWINS - Identical twins that are born from either one or both parents of the Breedline species. They have a strong, unbreakable bond from birth, are born with telepathic abilities, and have the power to sense the other's emotions or injuries. In some cases, the bond between twins is so strong that if one dies, the other twin may pass on, especially if they don't have a mate.

BREEDLINE BONDING - The male Breedline spends their life in search of their bonded mate. When the male comes in contact with her, he instantly feels a simultaneous, desirable attraction and she becomes the most important thing in his life. He is there to love, protect, and cherish her until death. Once they are mated, they bond for life. It is possible for them to have more than one mate in their lifespan.

BELOVED - A word used by a Breedline to express the bond to their mate.

DOUBLE BONDED - In some cases, male Breedline twins bond with the same female but one will carry a stronger bond. Usually one of them must sacrifice for the other twin.

BREEDLINE COVENANT - The Breedline species must live within the boundaries of a Covenant, which is only formed with their species. The Covenant is governed and ruled by a head council. The council keeps their laws in order and oversees the species population.

THE BREEDLINE QUEEN - Over centuries, the Breedline Covenant is ruled by a true queen. If there is no queen living, the Covenants are governed by an appointed head council until another one is born. A Breedline queen is born once every one hundred years. Her massive stature, black fur, and red eyes are the queen's trademarks. Her alpha wolf has twice the strength, speed, and size of any Breedline. The queen is expected to rule over all the Breedline Covenants where she will be respected and obeyed by all Breedline. This is their absolute True Law.

THE QUEEN'S RING - This ring has been passed down to all Breedline queens for generations. When the new queen places the ring on, it instantly shifts in size to fit her finger.

TRUE LAW - All Breedline Covenants have an ancient book of laws. If either sex disobeys the Breedline laws, they can be shunned, or no longer protected by their Covenant. If a Breedline takes another life out of revenge, or evil - other than protecting their life, and the life of another - they will never have the ability to shift back into human form and cast out as a rogue wolf.

ROGUE WOLF - A Breedline shunned by their Covenant for taking another life out of revenge or evil and forced to live as a wolf until death without the ability to change into human form again. Some rogue wolves form into packs, which can be dangerous for other Breedline species.

RED (BLOOD) MOON - When the full moon passes through the amber shadow of the earth, producing a midnight eclipse visible across North America. So begins a lunar eclipse tetrad, a series of four consecutive total eclipses occurring at approximately six-month intervals. This incredible light beams into the heart of earth's shadow, filling it with a coppery glow and transforming the moon into a great red orb. During this time, all Breedline species that are mated have a strong desire to create an offspring. This is also a time when Breedline females are more fertile for the conception of twins.

CHIANG-SHIH DEMON (Kiang shi, a.k.a. Ramael Arminius) - An ancient demon that inhabits the body of a Breedline fetus before it's born or during a Breedline's death. It continues to take the soul over the natural lifespan of the child, or the deceased Breedline. When the demon possesses a fetus, it breaks the bonding and telepathic abilities of their twin when they are born. If the demon possesses a deceased Breedline's body, it must do so before the soul passes on. If the soul is not intact, the body will soon die.
In most cases, the Chiang-Shih demon will take the life of the other twin, even before their birth. The twin that is born with the demon will bring only evil to whomever they encounter. Their sole purpose is to gain full control of another soul and seek world domination.
There are two ways the demon is cast from the soul it possesses: by its first-born son, and the Angel of Mercy, Zadkiel. The Beast is the only one who can kill a Chiang-Shih demon.

THE BEAST - He is the second born son of the Chiang-Shih demon. When provoked into a rage, he will shift into his Beast instead of his Breedline wolf. The Beast is an enormous, dangerous two-footed creature that has wolf like features. One bite has enough venom to kill the Chiang-Shih demon and leave the soul of the person the demon possessed unharmed.

SHADOW WALKER (a.k.a. Shadow Figure, or Black Mass) - The perception of a patch of shadow as a living, humanoid figure, particularly interpreted by the Breedline as the presence of a malevolent entity. When a Breedline species dies and does not pass on to the other side, they are left to roam the earth as a shadow of themselves - a ghost. They will not pass on until they have settled unfinished business before their death.

ZADKIEL (Tzadqiel, a.k.a. Righteousness of God) - The archangel of freedom, benevolence, and mercy, and the patron angel of all who forgives. Breedline species tradition considers him to be the Angel of Mercy.

SUCCUBUS (a.k.a. CREEPERS) - Creatures that search for and feeds off the blood of the Breedline species. Creepers are skilled at extreme sexual pleasure, and the ecstasy they create is exceedingly intense and highly addictive. They cast off a scent that hypnotizes Breedlines into overwhelming sexual urges. They use their human-like bodies and beautiful features to control and influence their thoughts.
They have the ability to reach into the Breedline's mind during sleep, casting a spell of dreams about sexual contact or intercourse. One much less obvious manifestation of Creepers is nightmares - realistic, graphic, terrifying nightmares that rob the Breedline of sleep. Over a period, it can lead to severe fatigue and depression, leaving them emotionally and spiritually drained. Death can occur if they ultimately take over the Breedline's body.

HALF-BREED - This species is born with the genes from both Breedline and succubus. They can bond with either a full-blood Breedline or another half-breed. They cannot change into the Breedline wolf, but they do need blood from them to survive. With the power to hypnotize, most Breedlines have minimal respect and credence toward the half-breed species.

WICCA (or Wise One) - According to the Breedline species, a Wicca is the goddess of magic, witchcraft, the night, moon, ghosts, and necromancy. A Wicca is also considered to be a demonic spirit. It is unclear to the Breedline if they act under the orders of the devil, or they are simply not understood and treated as outcasts. They can do white magic (good) or dark (evil).

THERIOMORPH - This species is born with the genes of a Breedline, but cannot change into a Breedline wolf. They shape shift into an enormous black panther. They possess powers of mind manipulation and random visions of the future. They must use the drug dopamine to suppress their urges. Their eye color shifts into a bright lavender when their Theriomorph nature takes over. The Breedline see them as a threat to their species.

ADALWOLF - A species that has the power to shift from their human form into a beautiful creature, twice the size, resembling half man and half wolf. Born with super-strength, they can move from one place to another in supernatural speed. Their eyes take on the appearance of two shimmering diamonds. With the power to regenerate their own cells, an Adalwolf will stop aging at thirty. The moon has no power over them. An Adalwolf is immune to silver. They can bond with any species.

LUPA - The ancestors descended from the old legend of the lycanthrope, except the moon has no power over them and it cannot be passed on to others like a virus. It is passed on through genetics to the female offspring, known as a she-wolf. This type of creature shape-shifts into a therianthropic hybrid wolf-like creature, and is considered dangerous... cursed.

Jace Chamberlain (a.k.a. the Beast) - He is a Breedline species and later discovers his birth father - who is possessed by the Chiang-Shih demon - murdered his mother when he and his twin brother were four years old. Raised by their new foster family and their Uncle Jacks, he later discovers he was born with a curse of the Beast. With the help of his twin brother, Jem, and his bonded mate, Tessa, they help him cope with his rage to keep the Beast at bay. He's an IT engineer and is the lead singer and plays acoustic guitar in the band Chaos.

Jem Chamberlain (a.k.a. the Chosen Son) - He is a Breedline species and Jace's twin brother. He carries the gene of the Chiang-Shih demon that gives him the power to create a portal and a force of electric energy used as a weapon and other powers he discovers later. His bonded mate is Mia Blackwood. He's an IT engineer and the drummer in the band Chaos.

Tessa Fairchild - She was born into the human world and later discovers she's a Breedline. Abandoned by her parents, she was raised by her aunt and uncle without the knowledge of being born a twin. After she meets Jace, they become bonded mates. During her first change into her Breedline wolf, she became the new Breedline queen. She is an inspiring artist.

Alexander Crest - He is a Breedline who was possessed by the Chiang-Shih demon before birth. Murdering his family, Alexander kidnapped his twin's bonded mate, Katlyn Gray. Keeping her prisoner against her will, she becomes pregnant with his twins. As she managed to escape before she gave birth, Alexander eventually kills her in a fit of rage. Returning for his chosen son twenty-two years later, he is determined to convince him to join his army. After the battle between the Breedline, the demon is finally cast out of Alexander, setting his soul free. For the demon's past crimes, Alexander is pardoned and must reside in the Breedline Covenant. Praying for forgiveness, he reunites with his twin sons, Jace and Jem. As he fights to keep his new family safe, romance blossoms with Dr. Helen Carrington.

Tim Ross - He is a Breedline species and head council of the California Covenant. Angel, his bonded mate - who is a half-breed - has Tim's daughter they named Natalie, after her sister.

Kyle Jones - He is a Breedline species that resides in the California Covenant. Having lost his family to a house fire at childhood, his Uncle Tim Ross has raised him since. Celina Baldolf is his bonded mate. He's a mechanic and also Jace and Jem's close friend, and plays bass in the rock band Chaos.

Casey Barton - He was born of the Breedline species, and lives in the California Covenant. He was adopted by Tim Ross's brother and carries a deep dark secret, afraid to reveal to the Breedline he was born a Theriomorph. He is a clothing model and plays backup bass and keyboards in the band Chaos.

Drakon Hexus - He is a Breedline species. At a young age, his first bonded mate was killed by her father. In a rage, he hunts and kills her murderer, breaking the Breedline's True Law. Shunned by his Covenant and forced to live as a rogue wolf, he's promised his humanity back if he joins the Chiang-Shih demon's army. After Drakon discovers the demon's plans to destroy all humans and half-breeds, he betrays him and joins forces with the Breedline. As time passes, he bonds with another mate, Cassie Chamberlain.

Fredrick Mercier - He is a Breedline and Samuel Mercier's identical twin. Also, he's a council member from France that has secretly turned against the Covenant to help the Chiang-Shih demon.

Corbin Azzo - He is a Breedline and a council member that has turned against the Covenant to help the Chiang-Shih demon.

Steven Pasquale (a.k.a. Steven Craven) - He inherited the genes of a Breedline and an Adalwolf. He was taken from his mother and forced to endure a life of endless, painful experiments by two German physicians, Dr. Hans Autenburg and Dr. Hubert Crane. Without the knowledge of his real family, Steven finally manages to escape his captors, locating his biological parents and his fraternal twin, Tessa Fairchild.

Abbey (a.k.a. Abigail Winthrop) - She inherited the genetics of a Lupa from her mother, who died giving birth. Captured by Dr. Hans Autenburg - a German physician - she spent most of her life forced to endure experiments until she finally managed to escape. With no place to go, Abbey is determined to finally reunite with her beloved Steven after they were separated years ago.

Nathan Gage (a.k.a. Nate) - He is a Breedline and the owner of several upscale night clubs in the largest metropolitan areas of Northern California.

Zeke Rizzo - He is a Breedline, born with a curse of a sin-eater, and the owner of the Cat Club. When coming in physical contact with another person, he has the power to see inside their past, experiencing their worst memory. A simple handshake seems like nothing to an ordinary person, but to Zeke, it is unbearable. Without the ability to stop it, he is also the worst case of karma. If anyone angers him, an unfortunate accident would fall upon them.

Yelena Smirnov - A full-blooded succubus from Russia. She is in charge of security at the Cat Club. She is bonded to Apollyon, who was taken by the battle angels along with his fraternal twin sisters, Callisto, and Electra.

Roman Kincaid - He is an Adalwolf trained in military tactics, hired as a special breed of warriors from Brazil. Working as Valkin Steele's right-hand man, he later learns of his bosses underground drug and sex-trafficking and informs the Breedline Covenant. He also forms a team of Breedline soldiers (Lawrence Colbert, Justice, Bull, and Lena) to help track Steele and his hired trackers and put an end to his organization.

Breedline Special Ops Team - Colonel Brian Deshazo (a.k.a. Colonel D), Major Paul Wyckoff, (a.k.a. Dark Wraith), Major Joshua Lawson (a.k.a. Kid), Master Sergeant Stephen Virgin (a.k.a. Gunny). They are hired by the Breedline Covenant to help put a stop to Valkin Steele and his corrupt organization.

The Fury - Three fraternal twins created by an evil German scientist named Dr. Hans Autenburg. Using his own DNA, he mixed it with three other species: A Breedline, an Adalwolf, and a powerful Wiccan. He placed three embryos inside the womb of a full-blooded succubus, named Sonya Hothburn. Taken against her will, Sonya was forced by the mad physician into surrogacy. After their birth, she was forbidden to see her children.
All three were created to destroy the Breedline species and dominate the human world. The first born was called Apollyon, meaning "destroyer" in Greek. It was also the name of the angel-prince of the infernal regions, the minister of death and author of havoc on earth. He has the strength of ten men, and the power to dematerialize, taking others with him, from one place to another. He can transform into a creature that resembles an Adalwolf, and a vampire-like hybrid. The second born was called Callisto, meaning "most beautiful." She has the power of a shield, protecting herself and others from harm. The last child was named Electra, meaning "the shining one." She has the power to conduct electricity from her body, using it as a weapon. Inheriting their species instinct and extraordinary power, their thirst to kill became uncontrollable. As they grew up, the Fury became more and more unstable and unruly. With an insatiable hunger for human flesh and unmanageable powers, they became a hindrance to the physician. He had no other choice but to drug and imprison them for all time, each one placed inside a sarcophagus in a state of deep slumber to be forgotten forever until they were set free by their mother.

Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. scongrove All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
scongrove has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.